Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fut- USA vs. Mexico ma?ana
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2005 at 06:28 PM

Instead of yellow cards they should hand out an Oscar w/a crying towel.
Lucky it wasn't 3 zip!

Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 9-3-2005 at 07:35 PM

YESSS!!! How sweet it is!

Ferna: I hope you remember how to get here.

Aldo: Shoot me a u2u and we'll work something out.

Pompano: I'd dearly love to take your $50, but since your original post was obviously muddled by excessive substance abuse and I did not immediately recognize your reference to "redneck cretin" as an allusion to moi, and therefore did not confirm the bet, I guess you're off the hook. Next time let's try to be a bit clearer.

Soulpatch: As they say in NASCAR, "rubbin is racin". Faking fouls is part of the game and most coaches now conduct classes in the art. Although grabbing one's avocados when touched on the shin IS a bit "over the top".:lol:

Well, We are now confirmed for the world cup, "irregardless" what happens in the interim. Mexico is almost there as well, lacking only a tie to qualify, which should be no problem 9/7 when they oughta trounce Panama easily in the Azteca. Home court advantage is a reality. We beat Mexico today in Columbus, lost last Spring in the D.F.

I would have liked to hear English commentary on this game but i only get regular ESPN, not the Classic, so had to watch Telemundo. I did enjoy Andres Cantor, the originator of "Goooooooooool " . And yes, the game does suffer from an evolution towards more and more defense which results in fewer goals. That's why the commentators make such a big deal out of one when it happens. This does need some rethinking to turn the game toward more aggresive offense, but I still get extremely bored watching hormonally imbalanced freaks of nature stuffing a cantalope into a bushel basket every two minutes with no apparent difficulty for scores of 80-78. What exclamations do the commentators erupt with at each of these occurrences? Not much. Why not? Because it's totally predictable and very booooorrrrriiinnngggg.:moon:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2005 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso
What exclamations do the commentators erupt with at each of these occurrences? Not much. Why not? Because it's totally predictable and very booooorrrrriiinnngggg.

Basketball - perdictable and boring? Hardly. I don't think many would agree with that assessment.

I watched the futbol game and really enjoyed it, as did Aurora. Seeing all that emotion and players pushing themselves to the utmost to win is really great. It's also fun to see the fans get so involved in the match. Glad you had a a great time.

skipjack
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Ni modo :( , is that 25 mph speed trap still there?
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fdt
Quote:
Originally posted by Oso

Ni modo :( , is that 25 mph speed trap still there?

Yep.

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 12:34 PM

Ok Oso, now you've done it. Basketball boring. You attack my favorite sport. What nerve. Wait a minute. I quess I attacked yours. Oh well fair is fair. I do like the fan involvement in soccer though. Hundreds trampled after a lose. Officials killed or injured after a bad call. Now those are true fans. Wait a minute, wasn't there a near riot at a basketball game last year. Ok, you win.....
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 01:52 PM

It's the scoring that's boring:yawn: How hard can it be to stuff a basket at armpit level? Now, teams of midgets playing on a standard court might be sorta interesting...

bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 03:17 PM

Teams of midgets. You may have something there. There's something I could excited about. By the way, I have been to indoor soccer games and their very exciting. Whole different game though
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 04:17 PM

Yeah, arena soccer does liven it up a bit. Eliminates that interminable 15-20 second wait for laterals, shortens the distance between goals. Now if they combined it with ice hockey minus the padding...

In all fairness to basketball, baseball is even more boring- 2 minutes of watching some guy adjust his cojones and spit bacca juice before pitching... :rolleyes:

But then I've never seen a cricket match. I've heard it's a good idea to bring a book to read...

Rugby! Now that's a game that's hard to yawn at.

Actually, almost any sport can be made more exciting if you add the element of winning or losing money on it.

bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 04:45 PM

You have to admit that baseball has some advantages. You can get up, go to the bathroom, go get a hotdog, come back and nothing has changed. Its sort of like driving through Nevada and falling asleep. Not at the wheel of course. when you wake up and look arround its as if you haven't gone anywhere. It all looks the same. How about rugby with midgets?
Oso
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2005 at 08:57 PM

Actually, rugby may be wild enough as it is:

http://wesclark.com/rrr/hopoate.html

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2005 at 11:06 AM
sushi and football

sushi

Last night I saw something on television that made me think of this post. Perhaps you did too.

It was on japanese television. There was a competition to see who could eat a 36 foot salmon sushi roll the fastest. The lady won. Near the end of it the guy started to sweat like you couldn't believe. After it was all over they showed him laying on the ground face up, sweating profusely and wore an expression of great pain.

American football

My mother in law once said something that I thought was really funny. We were watching the Super Bowl one year when she walked by, took a quick look and said:

"Poor fellas. They look exhausted. They must be so tired from pushing and shoving one another all afternoon."

Half of the appreciation comes from understanding.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.