Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: fm3
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 09:17 AM
fm3

i have had a fm3 for 4 yrs now i got married just over a yr ago my wife has been getting a tourst visa fmt i told immagration that i was resently married and they said nothing about her getting an fm3 so i didnt volinteer to get her one we only spend about 6 -8 weeks a yr in mexico at this time in 2 yrs we will be spending a lot more time there i was wondering the pros and cons of my wife getting an fm3 is it nessary?? whats your experences?? thanks have a good one jerry

jerry and judi
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 10:45 AM

I certainly dont know the law but it seems to me that you should both have the same migracion status. The benefits of having an FM3 far outweigh any negatives that I can see. Might as well get the process started so you will be ready when you move down full time.

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

puzzled.gif posted on 9-11-2005 at 10:48 AM

We are also interested in a response to this question. We need to get an FM3 soon but our next "drive down" trip is not until Jan 2007 which is when we are hoping to bring some "stuff" with us.(until then, our visits will be shorter "fly in's") Can my husband get his FM3 now and I get mine later to allow for the prospect of bringing in some household goods???
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 12:05 PM

that brings up another subject as i have had my fm3 for 4 yrs and i havent built yet perhaps a should wait till we build so we can bring thingds down on my wifes fm3 seems i heard that i have 6 months to do my one time thing exempt? property is im my name alone so im not sure if she really needs a fm3?? till we spend more time here?? thanks and have a good one jerry

jerry and judi
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 12:15 PM

That's what we thought...I'd get the FM3 first and Susan later...
She'd bring stuff down...

Now we've changed our plan....we get all new stuff...
Out with the old...in with the new!!!
new washer new furniture new everything

with an FM3 you can transport $400 every trip so you can take a lot of personal stuff...

Nikki our daughter will be HAPPY with the old junk:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 12:23 PM
This has a few answers

http://www.ajijiclaw.com/Immigration.htm

But you should really talk to someone who really knows what is happening...not people's opinions on a board on the internet. You know what they say about opinions....yes everyone has one!

This I will say. The sooner you get your FM3 the sooner you can become a naturalized citizen....then you dont have to pay fideocomiso, capital gains on your main resident. You actually have some rights in a foreign country.

Dave posted that with each renewal of your FM3 you have 6 months to bring down household goods. Still only a one time deal but you dont have to use that the first time you file.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 04:37 PM
I Know I've Said This Before, But.............

A dozen (or a hundred) people could post their personal experience with the law regarding acquiring an FM3 or FM2 and all of the experiences could be TRUE, but DIFFERENT. There is a certain freeform to Mexican Law and it's application that makes each experience a unique one. Mexico is a country where absolutes, including written law, don't exist. Buena Suerte.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2005 at 06:50 PM

i agree MrbillM that why im getting all the input i can to fit my situation in as best i can to suit my self i notice the link that bajajudy gave me was very informative but not exactly true on all accounts for loreto in my experences thanks for all replys and have a good one jerry

jerry and judi

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.