BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: no passport no come in........?
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 06:06 PM
no passport no come in........?

well to make a long story short I have somehow ended up with my USA passport in Baja and only my current up to date FM-3 in my possession. I am flying down through Mexico City and for the life of me can't remember if I can get through La Migra with just my FM-3 Lucrativa. The only other document I have right now is a drivers Lic.

What do you think should I just go for it?

Oh I also don't have an exit letter or stamp in the FM-3 cause I drove out and never got one. I plan on telling an eloquent story about how the offical in Tecate ran out of ink for the stamp and the typewriter was broken.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 06:23 PM
Sounds like a good story to me......

I'd go for it! Good luck, and let us know how it works.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 06:28 PM

Why don't you just get a birth certificate? It doesn't take long. Then you can get a tourist's card. If they give you any trouble further down the line, you can just blame it on your evil twin.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 06:40 PM

well it would be hard since I was born in italy and am leaving for EC this coming saturday. I do have a voter registration card. I will load up on as many official looking documents as possible. maybe I'll even get my car registration and utility bill notarized with a big wax stamp.

I seem to remember that I used to only show the FM-3. Ahh I can weave into the story that hacienda has my passport.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 09:59 PM

You don't need an exit stamp for an FM3. Only with an FM2 are you required to notify Mexico when you leave. After I show my FM I have never been asked for my passport, anywhere in Mexico. Of course that doesn't account for much. You know as well as I that everything changes depending on where/when and how much!:lol:

Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2003 at 10:39 PM

Documentation excepted, it sounds like you have enough of a creative imagination to make it through without too much of a problem. If that fails you can always pull out the billfold.-Stephanie
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2003 at 07:54 PM

well thanks for the encouragement. I am going to go for it and of course stephanies last comment is plan Z.

Dave, the Gordos at migra in La Paz always make me get a letter and tell me to get it stamped. As you so correctly point out it's at the whim of whomever is on duty.

sorry I haven't posted much lately, just kinda busy. I do love this board though.

If anyone is around Elias Calles for the next 3 or 4 weeks please stop by.

Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2003 at 01:57 PM
Have a good trip.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-15-2003 at 08:07 PM

Why don't you fly via L.A. and get a drivers' licence? I understand they're pretty easy to get.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2003 at 09:16 PM
He lives in North Carolina

I'm sure price and time would both be double going to LA. - p.s. Ha Ha. - Stephanie
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2003 at 09:45 AM

well no problem in MC they looked at the FM3 and asked me why I didn't have an exit stamp so I explained that it was late at tecateand the officers ink pad had run dry and said he could not stamp it.......ect.

Had me fill out a 2 second form since I was a tecnico with a lucrative FM3 and I was on my way.

Got the green light in Cabo. I was happy.

PS: I have a drivers lic but it ain't no stinkin good at la Migra.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2003 at 10:28 AM

Glad to see you made it!!!

Wish we were there to help with the clean up!!

Maybe next time!!

Mateo

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2003 at 10:40 AM

You guys are always welcome...howbout monday or tues right after hurricane Patricia..... I can give you the dengue suite.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2003 at 10:44 AM

Sign us up and please make a lunch reservation at Barrajas :D

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2003 at 12:48 PM

you got it. I'll also chase the crabs outta the hot tub at cocina pacifica and warm it up for you.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.