Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Damn it read this and understand! PLEASE
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 08:16 PM
Damn it read this and understand! PLEASE

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=13024&pag...

DAVE WAS RIGHT AS USUAL AND THE ABOVE LINK JUST DIDN'T GET THE JOB DONE---Here is what I was talking about/

Dave - 9-27-2005 at 19:04
Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
How good is it? It is excellent. We have heard of a number of cases in which they received excellent care. The facilities might not what you've come to expect in the US or Canada, but the doctors and staff are top notch, many of the Doctors having been trained in the US and Canada.

That depends on where you live. I would pay (and have) for private care for my employees and their families rather than subject them to the indignity of IMSS care. (And I pay for their IMSS also.) In some areas it can be excellent but mostly it is far worse than average.

Expats should NOT avail themselves of this overburdened system. There are not enough dollars to go around as it is and those Mexicans who use the system, by in large, use it out of necessity.

If you are legally living here, (having met the financial requirements), you can afford private Mexican health care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baja Bernie - 9-27-2005 at 19:12
A very good friend of mine Hector------died about a year ago of cancer. He had a bit of trust in his govermental system and it killed him. He would go to the hospital to get his chemo treatments and one week they would be there, The next week no treatment, We tried to help with what he would allow. Back and forth walked a skelton. A guy with a family and a good friend of mine who enjoyed sparing with the thought of the ages. A guy who read books and cared about life. He died because his government failed him at the young age of 43. Who the hell can smile at this?

[Edited on 9-28-2005 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 08:27 PM

Bernie

The word about I.M.S.S. hospital and doctors is If you don't die before you get into the Hospital, you will get good care when into the hospital. I might add who cares about pride when they are sick, a person just wants to get well, to hell with pride or whatever. Just because a foreigner qualifies to live in Mexico does not necessarily mean they can afford private health care. There are those of us who live here because we can't afford to live in the U.S.

[Edited on 9-28-2005 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 08:32 PM

Bernie, I think you need to edit your link.

Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 08:33 PM

Bernie, There is nothing there to read, just a blank space. :?:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
The word about I.M.S.S. hospital and doctors is If you don't die before you get into the Hospital, you will get good care when into the hospital.

I would put it like this:

If you don't die before you get into the Hospital, you just might die waiting to get care... or after.

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 9-27-2005 at 08:38 PM

Dave

The consensus in La Paz is that the Hospital and Doctors are good, tho that may be arguable, but that is the feeling I get here.

[Edited on 9-28-2005 by comitan]

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 07:56 AM
Dave

Followed your advice and edited my original post--perhaps it will now make sense.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2005 at 11:36 AM

I am sure everyone has a story pro or con, but a friend of mine went into the IMSS hospital in Cabo a couple of years back for a hernia operation that had been scheduled months in advance. After an 8 hour wait on a gurney they took him into the operating theater and began the operation without anestetic. When he brought this to their attention in no uncertain terms they apologized to him and then gave him the gas. I guess it varys from place to place but in CSL the word is the best medical care is found at the Nuns Hospital.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.