BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Still on the hunt for the right Baja boat...what say you?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 07:22 AM

Diver THAT is CORRECT!!!!

I've NEVER seen women strip down sooooFAST except when ON A BOAT:P

If "real men" only realized:spingrin::spingrin:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 07:24 AM

Hey T&T,

Saw Jim Havens, Dick McNab, Mike Sorenson, Joyce Hutchins, Gayle Castle, Jerry Bertchi, Betty Tutthill and Sally Sauter at the Lions Club pancake breakfast yesterday.
Best pancakes north of the border !! :lol:
Maybe we'll cross paths in Baja this January or February ?
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 07:29 AM

Anyone ever been to the Memorial Day Boat Raft in Biscayne Bay, Florida ?
It's been tradition for years. Hundreds of boats raft-up around the bigger yachts and party all day. Many stay the weekend.
Clothing always seems to be optional for very many !! :lol::rolleyes::lol:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 07:58 AM
USCG report on cat 26 in rescue on east coast...

I read this report from a US coast guard pilot on a rescue mission...taken from a cat v.s. mono discussion.

"Three weeks ago I was involved in a search and rescue for a lost surfer off Folly Beach near Charleston SC. If you remember that was when "Ophillia" was due east and holding... We went out the "Stono" river with 6- 8 ft cresters rolling across the bar.. wind was 30 knts stacking them up pretty close...

No , it wasnt 25 ftrs rolling up the Columbia , but I was'nt in a 44 or 47 ft MLB either.. I was in a 22 ft
Glacier Bay ... No , I wasn't sitting down drinking coffee and when we started out I was a little slow and we got knocked around a little but when I got my speed up and got that "air cushion" we got out without incident ,,no bow stuffing, no green water in at any time... I did get airborne once or twice but landed soft.... now, once outside and we started our search pattern and I would catch the seas aft beam it would give me that "quirky" roll but I have learned to not react to it and we did fine for our 3 hr search... Several larger v hulls were in the river but none would chance it out..

I have had several boats and over 35 yrs on the pond and would not have chanced that in "any" mono less than 30 ft.. those seas were just too closly stacked..

BTW we never found the boy.. but his mother appreciated us looking."

Lots of pros and cons on these cat hulls. But they seem to be the boat of choice more and more harbor police and offshore rescues throughout the world. But for fishing, I think the 19' is way too small...and the 22's to 26's lack the cargo space and moving around room needed for a comfortable day's fishing. So be it for multis...but they are beautiful, nevertheless. I love my Hobie and Prindle 16's.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 09:10 AM

"So be it for multis...but they are beautiful"

See! some people think cats aren't ugly!!!

Diver, I hope you said hi for me, especially to my cousin Dick. He's the one that taught me to hunt and ride. Fond memories of Lyle. I haven't seen any of that crowd since the late 50's but recognize the names.

And I'll be crossing the border at Tecate around Feb 8th. and will be kicking around down there until the end of April or May, mostly Mulege and Concepcion but will be taking side trips so I'm sure we'll end up in the same place at the same time. See you then.

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 09:14 AM

Pompano

I know your enjoying your shopping but I think you will allways come back to the 26 angler /desiel.

Diver
Up the Sacramento Delta we had the same thing on 4th of July, the Hiltons put on the fireworks display, now as I look back the kids running around the Hilton house, one was probably Paris.:yes::yes::yes:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 09:26 AM
Grady-White

What about a Grady? This is the 22' Center Console model.

comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 09:43 AM

Pompano

Heres one for you:

http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_details.jsp?entityid=12733...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 10-2-2005 by comitan]

[Edited on 10-2-2005 by comitan]

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 11:00 AM
comitan..Nice Grady...

This is the same model...but 2 years newer...this is a 2003 22' Grady CC loaded with a Yammie 225 4stroke and galv. trailer.

Ain't boat shopping fun!?

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/1/80693211.htm

[Edited on 10-3-2005 by Pompano]

comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 11:05 AM

Pomano

I hope you didn't miss the smilies. If you were to buy a boat in Florida it might be cheaper to have it shipped.

turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 01:27 PM

GRADY'S

I've fished a few Grady's offshore of the WA coast (around blue dot and swiftsure, out of Neah Bay) and liked them. They handle the PNW weather and seas very well. I've even gone waaay offshore with them chasing tuna during the El Nino years!

Friend of mine had one rigged for salmon trolling with the hydraulic gurneys, outriggers, 4 downriggers, and the whole commercial ball of wax. With the exception of not having a 10 ton RSW fish hold, it was as well set up as my 50' commercial boat. We did have to re-prop it to get it to troll right.

BUT... they were a little bigger than what you're looking for, I think. In the 28+ range with twin diesels.

I also had a few into my shop when I still had my marine repair business. None were there for hull or workmanship problems, just add-ons and engine work (with the exception of the one that tangled with the rocks at Skagway, the rocks won).

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.