Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A stupid question
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 07:43 PM
A stupid question

I have specialized plates on my vehicle that read--"MI BAJA" and I have seen several others while traveling Baja. This past week I noticed one that read "Baja Dor" and that set me to wondering--who else has or knows someone that has a 'baja' plate. California DMV adivses me that BAJA---something is the most demanded specialized plates in California. Just look ad DMV.com and see what I mean. Anyone know Bajador??

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 9-30-2005 at 11:23 PM

Don't know about Bajador Bernie, but I tried to get plates for my exploder that said baja anything. I tried every combination I could think of and they all were taken. I finally gave up.
bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 12:26 AM

Don't know about Bajador Bernie, but I tried to get plates for my exploder that said baja anything. I tried every combination I could think of and they all were taken. I finally gave up.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 12:57 AM

How's about Mobaja?
bajadave1
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 04:46 AM
Heres mine

I've got Colorado tags. "BAJAFUN".:cool:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 05:06 AM

Shark...

I thought that was a BEER!!!:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 06:35 AM

I bet Bajador is someone with a Lab.
We used to have a half lab half bassett hound and we always said that she was a rare breed....a bassador.
They wont let you have vanity plates in Mexico:(

Mike Supino
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 07:52 AM

Mine's 4D Lobo

[Edited on 10-1-2005 by Mike Supino]

Therianthropic
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 08:53 AM

Here's a related question... In 1980-81 when the CA plates went from 6 to 7 characters, I ordered THE BAJA and got them (yes I was jazzed)...

The last time those plates were registered (in use) were around 1997 or so... (they were on my '87 4WD Subaru that my ex-wife kept until she traded it in, but didn't keep the plates. She actually removed them and gave them to me... So I have them.

If I wanted to re-activate those plates, what would it cost me. I heard that I would have to pay for the years they were inactive, but that doesn't sound reasonable... ??? Thanks

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 09:16 AM

The words have probably been re-issued to someone else. I had a "Lou 4X4" and didn't use it for several years and couldn't re-instate it as it had been reissued. Still have the plates tho. - might work in Baja???

:O

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 09:35 AM
THE BAJA

If those plates are still shown as registered to the previous vehicle, YES, you would have to pay the reservation fees and penalties if you wanted to use them again. After a number of years of inactivity in which the reservation fee was not paid, the plate ID is put back into the pool and anyone can purchase it without penalties. I ran into exactly this situation.

Since the plate "THE BAJA" is not available, it is either still shown on your vehicle or has been reissued to someone else. A trip to the DMV would be necessary to find out.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 09:56 AM

Thanks Bill...

Basically, those plates were on my Subaru, which I let my ex keep, and when she traded the Subaru in years later, she did not keep the personalized plates for her next car.

I don't have a big need for them, other than they are fun to have on my Baja truck... Maybe I should try an get GOT BAJA?

Probably taken!

Anyway, I still have them as momentos from my Baja exploring in the 1980's...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.