Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Off Road Expo
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 10:23 AM
Off Road Expo

The Off Road Expo starts next Friday thru Sunday, Oct 6,7 and 8th at the Pomona Fairgrounds. This is an excellent show and will be 66,000 sq feet larger this year for a total of more than 450,000 sq ft of indoor show space plus outdoor exhibits. Attendance last year was over 40,000. It is considered by many the best there is. Many race cars are on display by the top teams as well as their haulers. Score says the Baja 1000 map will be available on Saturday.

I should have look at their site first. The show dates are Sat and Sun. the 8th and 9th.

[Edited on 10-1-2005 by TW]
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 10:35 AM

I'm going to gtry to get there on Sun I think. Are you coming down for it - ? Might see you there

:?:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 12:30 PM

Yes Lou, I'm going down there. If your coming on Sunday I'll come then too. Let me know for sure. I'll buy you a beer.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 12:32 PM

For those interested the web site has direction and other info.
www.offroadexpo.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 08:00 PM

Baja Angel and I will probably be there on Sunday, too. I met up with Surfer Jim there last year... also saw GeoRock's hubby Pete all the way from Mamouth. Really a big show with lot's to see in 4WD and off road racing interests... Be prepared to walk a lot... They have you park about a mile away!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 09:01 PM

Saturday for me I think.....9 am....
roverdude
Junior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days, Mornings Maybe...

[*] posted on 10-1-2005 at 10:49 PM

See you there Sunday.

www.roverdude.com
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 10:29 AM

Lou, David and everyone, lets meet at the Checkers booth at noon Sunday if you can. They are raffling off a Honda XR650 so buy a ticket if you can.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 04:29 PM

OK Tom, Baja Angel (you met her at Camp Gecko, right?) and I are still planning on going up Sunday morning, so see you at the Checkers booth at noon! U2U if you want my cell phone #... Last year, Surfer Jim and I met up using cell phone to home in on our 10-20.

Saw the Dust 2 Glory preview and the Baja 1000 drawing...:coolup:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 05:21 PM

Checkers at noon sounds great to me also

See you then (don't waste your money on tickets - I'm winning it)

:o

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 08:38 PM

You guys have fun and pick up plenty of B1K maps. You'll need them for your pit location and chase assignments.
Paul
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 08:44 PM

All right Paul!!!!

Baja 1000 here you go!!!

Shall I pit for you on the Summit? LOL!!

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 05:32 PM

Went to EXPO from 9:30 to 1 pm today....good show as usual....nothing really stood out for me....looked to be 50% truck lift stuff and 50% buggy....got some course maps...(the SCORE website has a better looking one)...not as crowded as usual it seems.....rock crawling and motorcycle jumps are good....there are some $2 off ( $12 reg price) discount tickets being offered somewhere ...parking $7......asked at the CHECKERS for the big WHAZOO but like ELVIS he was not there.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 09:44 PM

Thanks Jim... we are leaving in the morning and will be at Checkers booth at noon to meet up with TW, BajaLou, and Roverdude... and anyone else... I will have some 'got baja?' stickers to pass around. They were pretty popular at the Locos Mocos booth last year!

roverdude
Junior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days, Mornings Maybe...

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 05:51 PM

Missed ya' at noon. Brunch at the Mission Inn in Riverside went a bit long. Good time though.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 10:13 PM

Great show... Yes Rover, we hung there at Checkers for awhile waiting fior you... then went out for some hot dogs and beer between buildings 4 & 5 (TW, Baja Lou, and me with our ladies)... Then The squarecircle and his girl showed up... Got talking about the Pole Line Road and the Baja 1000 going over the summit, etc.

Neat stuff and the rock crawling demos was fun, too.

Ivan Stewart and Walker Evans and others Baja racers from past and present were there, too.

Fun day in Pamona...:biggrin:

[Edited on 10-10-2005 by David K]

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 07:27 AM

Great meeting up with the Nomads, David, Lou, Squarecircle and their ladies. Shirley and I had a wonderful time. And to top it all off ask me who won the big prize at the Checkers raffle!!!!!! I'm waiting. Found out when we got home.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 08:46 AM

WOW, TW - way to go - what a payoff for a great day. Teina and I enjoyed meeting up with you, David Squarecircle and companions. Sharing some stories. Lots of stuff to look at and we had a great time. See you at the races---

:o

No Bad Days

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 10:54 AM

Marian and I were there Sunday afternoon and missed all you guys! Big world.:lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2005 at 05:37 PM

Bummer Neal! Would have been almost like a Viva Baja party with just a few more Nomads/Amigos showing up!:yes::bounce:

Sure was a lot of stuff for people with Jeeps and Toyotas... I felt bad for the other 4WD owners (not!)...:lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.