Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Quintas Papagayos Resort
Carol
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 09:27 PM
Quintas Papagayos Resort

Has anyone stayed here before and, if so, would it be a good choice for us if a) we're pulling a cargo trailer (looking for easy in/out access and good security) and b) have a dog?

We're only looking for a one nite place to stop on the way down the Baja but are always looking for new spots and we've never overnited in Ensenada before

Thanks for any info.
TacoFeliz
Nomad

Mood: Exploratory

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 01:57 PM

It gets good marks from me, my info's not very up-to-date though... My wife and I were married there about 25+ years ago joined by about a hundred close friends and family. We rented a bunch of the cottages for four days and everybody enjoyed themselves, kids, parents, grandparents and all. The places were nice, grounds and pool well looked after and the singing rocks on the beach can't be beat for night sounds. It doesn't seem to have changed too much over the years, but we're always headed further south so we haven't stayed there in a long time.

:tumble::tumble::tumble:
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 06:43 PM

TacoFeliz

Small world. I was married in Ensenada in 1962 and we "honeymooned" at Quintas Papagayo. Loved the place. We went back a few times in the late 60s but haven't been there since then. Glad to hear the place still exists.

++Ken++
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 06:44 PM

Sorry that was me. Out of town syndrome.

++Ken++
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 10-4-2005 at 08:29 PM

Nice place. Stayed there a couple times, and once in the RV park next door. Depending on the size of the trailer, parking (maneuvering) may be a little bit of a problem. They have rooms in a multi-story building on the grounds that are basically hotel rooms, and casitas right up on the water facing the Marina Coral and the Playitas area, as well as in other parts of the grounds. There's a restaurant right there as well, where the food is fine. Not great, but good enough after a long day if you want to avoid a trip into town. For a special treat, drop the trailer and head back north (just a short distance) past the Coral and eat at the El Morro.

All in all, a good choice. Not cheap, not too expensive.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 09:20 AM

Stayed there a few times. Last year the price of a waterfront view cottage was $105 night. Very pleasant experience with super ocean views and nightsounds. Well appointed, good service, friendly desk help. Secure parking...restuarant so-so to minimal.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 10:40 AM
Quinta Papagayo

Hi Carol:

Yes, on all accounts and it's before Ensenada just a bit so it's easy in and easy out. On another note, Ensenada's only a little over an hour from the border, if you wanted to get further down the peninsual on your trip, you could try El Palomar in Santo Tomas, Posada Don Diego in Vicente Guerrero, a couple places in San Quintin or Baja Cactus Motel in El Rosario.
Ted

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 03:41 PM

It is owned by Walt Hussong... the III or ?

Here is Walt at Viva Baja IV, photo by Bedman...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Carol
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 09:02 PM

Thanks for the info-

El Palomar would be great but it seems to me the access/parking might be a bit of a nightmare? Isnt' it pretty darn steep and tight to manuever up there?

Don Diego- we stayed there ages ago when we had our trailer but I didn't think they had a hotel?

El Rosario- that was another thought to try. I'll look into it further.

Let me know more about the above 2?

Although Ensenada is only 1 hr from the border our normal stop, before crossing, is Carlsbad so that gets us ~2.5-3 hrs ahead (or many hours behind, depending on how we do it). Mostly, we're just looking at some different, maybe more enjoyable, options than doing the "go for it" drive with the 1 night overnite in Guerrero.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
Hi Carol:

Yes, on all accounts and it's before Ensenada just a bit so it's easy in and easy out. On another note, Ensenada's only a little over an hour from the border, if you wanted to get further down the peninsual on your trip, you could try El Palomar in Santo Tomas, Posada Don Diego in Vicente Guerrero, a couple places in San Quintin or Baja Cactus Motel in El Rosario.
Ted
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 09:45 PM

Go for it. I stayed at Guerro Nego in Sept, should have stayed at El Roserio at Baja Catus, nice rooms good price
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 10:19 PM

Enjoy it while you can. The Hussong boys will be building a mega resort/marina on the Papagayos property. Groundbreaking early next year.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2005 at 10:56 PM

My parents spent a part of thier honeymoon in one of the cottages, in 1950. We have in the family collection a great photo of them at dinner. It is a 8x10 glossy that came in a hand tooled leather bound cover. My mother recalled that the guy who took the picture wanted something like $2.00 US for it. The husband and wife who owned the place insisted they have it as a wedding gift from them.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.