Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Donations
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 10:28 PM

Ok so what type of donations are needed? I understand school supplies and kids clothes, but what else? I dont want to bring sand to the beach.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-8-2005 at 11:35 PM
Be good, help people

Children please, others are watching...... take a breath. Everything is good, especially the ability to help others in need. Stay true. Stay focused. Stay tuned.

Jr apologized and thats cool. I hate inuendo too.

Thanks to all you Nomads who give. It's a common denominator of the blessed. Be proud of your fellow philanthropist.
Frank has a good point. Does it help to research whats needed where?
Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 01:56 AM

Jr..please chack your U2U's.

Bedman
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 10:35 AM
Bedman

Got it and thanks again.. On Foreign tourists, living in Rosarito and being in many parts of Baja a lot, I see a lot of tourists. Busloads of them at my Titanic exhibit! Some were from foreign countries, some were from different parts of Mexico.

And since I am so bad at knowing nationalities and languages, I broke them up into two groups. Foreign tourists (from outside of Mexico) and local tourists ( who's language I recognize) from Mexico.

Although I live in Mexico and am not a tourist, I felt funny calling Mexicans tourists in their own country, even if they were from D.F. or Chiapas and truly were tourists here.
( Baja is a huge vacation spot even for Mexicans and non nomads,) believe it or not.

So, I eliminated the tourist part with the Mexicans and the rest of you are foreign tourists. No matter where outside of Mexico you are from. Not really an insult, but I bet some people on here have ears that turn red when they read it.:lol::lol:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2005 at 10:45 AM
Frank

It depends on where you go. Most of the beach communities already have a huge amount of things coming in from the gringos that are filling these places up. I would say that in the rural beach communities, fish hooks and line, medicines like hydrogen pyroxide, stomach remedies, aspirin (for heart stuff) and antibiotics were the most asked for.

Tarps, ropes, nails, screws, hand tools, are also badly needed in all the rural areas. Safety glasses in the mountains, sunglasses at the beach communities.

Shoes and boots, jackets, blankets, tents.

I gotta go so I'll get back to you on this.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.