Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Bernie, before I go
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2005 at 11:56 PM
Bernie, before I go

I thought I would leave you with some words of calm.
Since I am not a newbie I feel I can comment lucidly.
Bernie you are certainly a passionate man, something I can say we share. Insomuch I think we both relate to the very essence of why we both post here. (plus neither of us drink :) )
The only problem, really, that I ever had with your words, seemed to be how you view or may "comprehend" my own words as I have set them out. Not hard to understand as I sometimes shock myself later at what I've written. After all, I am a Taurus!:lol:
What I getting at is pretty simple. I try to paint my posts with an independant stroke. That may be a big mistake however, especially when commenting on such issues as age, religion, politics and a host of others..... including, sticking up for the underdog sometimes. I believe everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. I hope you understand.
My mistake is letting you guys try to figure out where I stand when I don't make it perfectly clear, and for that, I am remiss. I really want to be a player on all fields but alas, I'm not up to the task..
I feel that without clarification and by posting few words on complicated or sensitive subjects sometimes generates controversy even if no malice was intended.
You have lots of respect, keep on with your passion Bernie, it's a good thing for you. Maybe a little less off-topic presence would be too.
Soooooo, no hard feelings Bern!
I'm gonna take Dens' recommendation.

Maybe we'll run into each other sometime.
Salutos y mucho suerte, Corky

Don't woory, be hoppy!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:34 AM

Corky where are you going?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

wow.gif posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:53 AM

Jeez my mother in law shows up, I miss a few hours of board time and come back to this!

Whazzup. Sharks?

bajaden
Nomad

Mood: vicarious

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 07:54 AM

Not sure Bruce, but I think Corky is headed down here.

At a feast of egos, everyone leave\'s hungry...
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 09:07 AM
Sharks

All I can say to your post is that it left me somewhat confused and very conflicted so I will just say PAZ at this point.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

eureka.gif posted on 10-20-2005 at 10:07 AM
If ever there was a board......

......in need of liberal use of private messaging, this is certainly the one.

All of us need to ask ourselves before each post, "is this intended for general consumption, or should I just contact the person directly?" This is especially true when the issue is simply differences of opinion or attitudes.

Otherwise, many of these highly public, personal posts always seem to boil down to ruffled egos and attempts at saving public face. Don't make personal conversations public and you won't have to save face, publicly.

Take it outside, people. The majority of us dont give a fig! You end up clogging the boards with decidedly non-Baja posts.

The "Now we know who Manzana EDIT: MARVINA is" post was quintessential, at least the little I read. I wanted to reply and ask "OK, we know WHO Marvina is, explain to me why we should CARE?" How does this entertain or inform us about Baja?

People, check your egos and personal baggage at the door. You do a great disservice to the board and to many of us who do our best to ignore it all.

Including myself, but my frustration at wading through all this has reached it's limit. Time for my tirade on this.

To paraphrase the words of our peace officers, some of you need to "step away from the keyboard and put your hands on your head".

This is starting to get worse than the Amigos board ever got....

[Edited on 10-20-2005 by Hook]
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:37 AM
Geez...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
......in need of liberal use of private messaging, this is certainly the one.

All of us need to ask ourselves before each post, "is this intended for general consumption, or should I just contact the person directly?" This is especially true when the issue is simply differences of opinion or attitudes.

Otherwise, many of these highly public, personal posts always seem to boil down to ruffled egos and attempts at saving public face. Don't make personal conversations public and you won't have to save face, publicly.

Take it outside, people. The majority of us dont give a fig! You end up clogging the boards with decidedly non-Baja posts.

The "Now we know who Manzana is" post was quintessential, at least the little I read. I wanted to reply and ask "OK, we know WHO Manzana is, explain to me why we should CARE?" How does this entertain or inform us about Baja?

People, check your egos and personal baggage at the door. You do a great disservice to the board and to many of us who do our best to ignore it all.

Including myself, but my frustration at wading through all this has reached it's limit. Time for my tirade on this.

To paraphrase the words of our peace officers, some of you need to "step away from the keyboard and put your hands on your head".

This is starting to get worse than the Amigos board ever got....

Are you all retired cops?:lol:

Hook...whatever...
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 11:43 AM
Actually I did post that question on the Marvina thread

Hook you are 100% right on this,most of the personal attacks and "ruffled feathers" posts are annoying and make the people involved look as if their living out some kind of on-line soap opera...i think you are correct in saying that if something said really does bother someone that is what the u2u is for...so you can let that person know and not a bunch of other people that it doesnt involve:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
Hook you are 100% right on this,most of the personal attacks and "ruffled feathers" posts are annoying and make the people involved look as if their living out some kind of on-line soap opera...i think you are correct in saying that if something said really does bother someone that is what the u2u is for...so you can let that person know and not a bunch of other people that it doesnt involve:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thank you, sir.

It's not that I'm the Emily Post of posting OR a webcop. It's a very selfish motive. I want my Baja info easy to get.

Even beyond the clogging factor, there are knowledgeable Baja people who engage in this and are not posting about Baja when they do. We ALL lose in this regard.

I feel so "cooped up" here, at times, with all the drama.

Can't we all just shout, "Viva Ba....," uh, well, maybe remember that Baja is No Worries and no Hur..........."

Oh, never mind.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 05:55 PM
Hey Hook you de man

Those last words on you post seemed familar to me for some reason and they defininately reminded me of a laid back Baja that I vaguely remember.

Let's all try to breathing to the sound of the crashing waves.
Paz

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Corky1
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2005 at 06:09 PM

"......in need of liberal use of private messaging, this is certainly the one. "

I agree, more PM's , less confrontation on the board.

Also, don't let Anon's post messages.:barf:
Yes I am a retarded COP.:saint:

The other "Corky"

Corky

\"Keep The Rubberside Down\"
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2005 at 12:49 PM

I actually think that there has been less conflict on the board lately. I don't need to speak for Corky, but Hook if you read his post carefully I think you'll agree that he was speaking to everyone on the board.

He may have singled out Bernie, because of recent disagreements, but he was apologizing to everyone who thought one was necessary. Corky seldom makes post such as this one, and though some of you may think its self serving, I beleive it to be sincere.

This is not an attack Hook, but you take umbrage with those of us who bicker constantly. But what are you doing with your response? My point is, that one man's bickering is another mans sincere thoughts

zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-21-2005 at 01:47 PM
There is an old manager's adage

that describes how groups develop: Forming, storming, norming, performing

If I were to apply that to the Nomads board, I'd say that the forming started before I came on the scene, there's been a lot of storming that seems to be lessening, we're attempting to do our norming (everytime someone suggests we should/shouldn't do something), and the performing is when we are a really good reference/resource for people with a Baja interest. I think our performing is getting there, but we could be better. And of course, groups do wander back and forth on the continuum as new events and people are incorporated. But that's what makes it fun. Just my take on it...Zoe
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 10:22 AM
You cant make an omelet........

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaden
I actually think that there has been less conflict on the board lately. I don't need to speak for Corky, but Hook if you read his post carefully I think you'll agree that he was speaking to everyone on the board.

He may have singled out Bernie, because of recent disagreements, but he was apologizing to everyone who thought one was necessary. Corky seldom makes post such as this one, and though some of you may think its self serving, I beleive it to be sincere.

This is not an attack Hook, but you take umbrage with those of us who bicker constantly. But what are you doing with your response? My point is, that one man's bickering is another mans sincere thoughts

My umbrage is with the public bickering that should be done privately, not the root issues of the bickering. It detracts from what I feel the majority of people are here for; information about Baja. If subject lines were concise all the time, I might not complain. But you never know how a post will evolve.

It would be inefficient for me to try and U2U everyone associated with the past bickering and wouldn't dissuade future bickering.

Yes, I am a bit guilty of becoming part of the problem with my post. But the potential effect would be to limit what many are despairing as to the direction of the Nomad board.

Like the old saying goes, you cant make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 10:59 AM

Eggsactly!
bajaden
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2005 at 12:26 PM

I'll fry up some bacon...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.