Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Experience
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 03:18 PM
Experience

Reading some of the posts where the poster seems to have a lot of experience in Baja, set me to wondering, do they have a lot of experience on mainland Mexico also, or baja only?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 03:22 PM

Me, mostly Baja. I have spent time in D. F., Yucatan, Guadalajara and Copper Canyon and have plans to continue exploring the mainland. But most(95%) of my total time in Mexico has been spent here in Baja.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 03:45 PM

85% mainland; 15% Baja
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 03:46 PM

Mostly Baja so far

:saint:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 03:51 PM

60% Baja 40% Mainland Mexico would love to go back but ferry prices, and being tied down to a house.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 04:49 PM

99% mainland 1% baja. well, since we now live in ensenada, i guess that's misleading:smug:

lili
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 04:58 PM
Total Baja

But we really want to do some mainland exploring too. We just need the time. :yes::yes:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-22-2005 at 05:17 PM

Mostly Baja but with a lot of vacations to the mainland--you do have to get away from Baja every once in a while to truly enjoy it.
Now that we have moved back to the States I really appreciate what we have lost.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 05:34 AM

Very interesting.
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 10:04 AM

8 yrs mostly D.F. (60's-70's) intermittently Ixmiquilpan, Hidalgo, 1-2 yrs Cozumel. Aside from earlier visits, most Baja experience is recent. I'm "back in the states" with one foot in Mexico. We can see B.C. and Sonora from the back yard, our community is 99% immigrants, most from just across the line in San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora, where most people still have family. Spanish is more commonly heard in stores etc., than English. Very common to hear kids speaking English to each other while the parents and clerks are speaking Spanish. City Council meetings are conducted in Spanish with translation earphones available for visiting gabachos. 25 miles north in Yuma, irate gringos are constantly writing letters to the editor, complaining about it. Screw 'em.:rolleyes: The City Councils of Somerton and San Luis, as well as the Cocopah tribal council have all passed resolutions declaring the "Minutemen" unwelcome.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
mulege marv
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 10:36 AM
baja

"I've watched a number of friends-- some longtime Baja residents-- move "back" to the States and it makes me think a lot about how assimilated and committed we actually become in another culture. Honestly, how many full-time residents think they'll end up dying in Baja?"

well being a full time resident i have to say i didnt come to baja to die, im came here to live. i grew tired of the hustle & bustle, back biting, political and financial woes of the USA. I dont miss my cell phone, pager, or lap top.I will never go back. VIVA BAJA !

Want what you have
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 11:30 AM

I dont see myself moving back to the states so I guess that I did come to Baja to die.................and what a way to go!:bounce:

sylens
Senior Nomad

Mood: ando bajando

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 01:15 PM

we're here for the long haul, si dios quiere. means we'll only return to the usa for brief visits. last year almost bought cremation packages for both here in ensenada, then decided that can wait. but that does say something about our intent to remain past the end...

lili
Spyderman
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 04:37 PM

It's amazing how threads morph, like this one, from "how much experience" to "who plans to die here". Very strange
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 10-23-2005 at 06:29 PM
Lencho

Mostly because of the new breed of gringo's who were moving in and building walls to keep the Mexicans out and then building houses that could double as small hotels. Just not our kind of people.

Health reasons figured in and made it seem to be easier than it turned out to give up our Baja home.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.