Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This trip south
Baja Again
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2003 at 11:14 PM
This trip south

Day 3;
Wake up to lotsa heat in Tripui. Pack up and head to Ciudad Constitucion where there is an International bike race going on. Pick up some supplies and head to Villa Morelos and off to Presa Iguahil.
Mucho agua en La Presa and stopped to take pictures of locals swimming in the ponds and rapids and then headed to the Mission. Good seeing Jose again but unfortunately, his brother was at school.
Unloaded 4 boxes of clothes and 2 boxes of shoes as well as some canned goods so we could get inside the van again. First time in three days I have access to everything. This is good.
Pull into my favorite campsite and begin to understand why things are the same as 200 years ago. The project here when I left last time was to fence off some new campsights to keep Joe Ganado from roaming through the camps. There were 5 guys working on this project when I pulled out of camp in Feb.
I was supposed to bring them posts but, see Hi Lift story at http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum .
What had progressed in my absence was 2, 5'sections of fence and a pile of about 10 new posts.
No sense rushing into anything. On the other hand, the new restaurant is open for business with a days notice. Killer !
Set up camp, swam with the dogs, relaxed after the drive and headed back to the Mission to unload more stuff. I unloaded 8 boxes of food and clothing as well as lot's of bats, balls and gloves.
One of my main goals was to distribute insect repellants because of the Dengue. Because they didn't have a problem with that here and they were aware of the seriousness elsewhere, they said to distribute it where it was more needed. True Humans!
Baja Again
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2003 at 11:45 PM
Critters

And then there were all those pesky snipe running around.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-20-2003 at 11:46 PM

Good story and nice photo, J.R. But, what about Day 1 and Day 2? Enquiring minds want to know!! :)

The mission is 'San Luis Gonzaga', in his story.

[Edited on 10-21-2003 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Baja Again
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2003 at 12:22 AM
To be continued

I actually was gone 17 days and I am still unpacking, dealing with uh??? stuff and trying to figure out a quick way to resize photos in photo shop. As well as Starfish Studios rentals, a new used 4WD to take back down with me in 3 to 5 weeks, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I dealt with down there. All good but very busy and time consuming. Todo esta bien en Baja!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.