Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Imigration office in Cabo
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 07:22 AM
Imigration office in Cabo

I will be arriving by ship to Cabo in two weeks. After I get my FM3 in Los Angeles , where do I check in with my FM3 in Cabo?
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 07:39 AM

there used to be a imigration office on the right side( comeing from san jose) just past the gas station comeing into town. its been a few years since ive been there so it may have moved.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 07:49 AM

It is still there, just remodeled. Get on the lateral after the traffic light on the road to Todos Santos(where you take a right to go to TS or go straight into San Lucas) and you cant miss it...hopefully.
Suerte

sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 08:43 AM
fm3 immigration office

Judy, is this in downtown Cabo?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-11-2005 at 09:23 AM

Yes
When you are coming into Cabo on the highway, there is a traffic light at which you would turn right if going to Todos Santos. Go straight and get into the lateral on the right side of the road(kinda like our frontage road). On the corner of the block where it is, there is a Formula Uno across from the Pemex. 1/2 block down you will see the beige building with Migracion Logo on the front.
I am not exactly sure how far it is which is why I suggested getting in the frontage road immediately.

cascabel 6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 07:48 AM

Bob,

Judy has described it perfectly. The only probem is getting used to the laterals. Just get in your rightward most lane coming into town after you through the first stop light at the Todos Santos junction. Go past the Pemex and Formula Uno store on your right and you will see it.

Good luck.
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 10:20 AM

bring a good book to read. the wait can be well over an hour. take a number as soon as you go in and relax.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
bring a good book to read. the wait can be well over an hour. take a number as soon as you go in and relax.

Excellent advice

[Edited on 11-12-2005 by bajajudy]

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 01:11 PM

I was just in the Immigration office in Ensenada helping 5 Swedes get their Visa to travel south and the officer asked me to show him my FM2. I told him I left it at my home in Ensenada. He was really peeed and wanted me to go home to get it and as I was leaving he came outside and told me it was ok and I didnt have to get it. He is the little guy with the big moustache. Im sure if you have been in that office you have seem or dealt with this bonehead. Years ago when the visas were free he would tell people they were 5 or 10 dollars apiece and pocket the money. My question is do I have to carry the FM2 everywhere I go. Ive been here 18 years and have never been asked....If you see these 5 Swedes, 3 guys and 2 girls walking around Baja say hello. They are really neat kids. You cant miss them. They all have back packs and two of the guys have blond hair. Tel them the investigator in Ensenda says hello as well.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 01:24 PM

Legally, I do believe that you are supposed to have it with you at all times, your tourist visa too.....just like a green card in the states.
Migracion was in one of the stores where we have books and asked my husband for his FM3. When he didnt have it with him, they wrote him up and he had to appear in San Lucas to show his FM3. They told him that he was required to carry it with him at all times. The fact that he was obviously working precipitated this incident but it is the law. (They also mentioned that if he were in the states and didnt have his green card, he would have been sent to the border to be deported)
I, personally, have never heard of anyone else even being asked.

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2005 at 03:26 PM

Larry
I know this probably differs state to state as everything else does, but these guys told my husband original only.

osoflojo
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2005 at 11:26 AM

If there is any confusion left as to where in CABO the Migration is. It Is across the street from the Mc Donalds...................go figure.........
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2005 at 08:45 PM
Cabo immigration

Boy you wern't kidding. Cabo office is no fun !!!!
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2005 at 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
do I have to carry the FM2 everywhere I go.

Smart idea.

The only time I was checked (it was a setup) had I not had my documentation I would have lost thousands of dollars of musical equipment. The authorities were actually peeed that I was legal because they wanted to pinch my stuff.

Like they say in the ads:

Don't leave home without it. :biggrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.