Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: THE SOC NESS MONSTER
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 11-19-2005 at 04:59 PM
THE SOC NESS MONSTER

By Eta, the Mexican Mutt

Yesterday my mom(bajajudy) and I were taking our morning walk on the beach, a couple of pelicans went by and definitely got my attention but when I looked up ahead I spied something I had never seen before. It was enormous. It had what looked like a tail, a head and three little stubby arms. I became very afraid, my hackles went up(they don?t call me hacklehead for nothing) and I got into the stealth mode(in this mode I drop my tail down?see picture of tail below?.and get as close to the ground as I can and still creep up on my prey).
There was a monster in the water. I had heard of the Loch Ness monster and was sure that this was the SOC Ness monster of which you hear very little. It was huge and every time a wave came, he couldn?t decide whether to come ashore or go back to sea. I was certainly hoping that he decided to go back from where he came(my mom teaches me pretty good English, eh?) but, in fact, he seemed to be getting out of the water.
What is a dog to do?
I decided that getting right behind my mom was the answer. As I peered around her legs I realized my folly?.it wasn?t a monster after all. It was a dead tree, of all things.
Today on our walk he was gone and in his place were two ospreys, diving and soaring and occasionally getting a fish. One dropped his catch and my sister scrambled to get to it first. She really loves live fish. She looks pretty funny with the tail flipping and flopping between her lips but she says that is the only way to eat fish. She turns her nose up at the really dead ones that I like to pee pee on.
I sure hope that the monster is gone. Mom said he probably came from Matzatlan. But I think that he came from the deepest part of SOC.
Maybe tomorrow we will see a giant squid!

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 05:30 PM

Wow!!, judy that was good.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2005 at 07:55 PM

jake goes down and sniffs the log or floating object and then turns and leaves his own log high on the beach. must be a dog thing!!!!
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2005 at 12:08 PM

I am assuming that everyone knows that SOC is Sea of Cortez but decided, if not, the tale(tail too) didnt make much sense.

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2005 at 04:27 PM
Eta's Latest Entry

Well we haven?t seen the giant squid but we did see whales today. Three or four of them swimming up the SOC. It was great to see them back!
We, also, saw pelicans which I love to chase. One day I was chasing a bunch of them and they landed on the water, looking for fish, I think. Anyway, they were just sitting there and I decided that if I swam out, I could probably catch them so I did. I will be darned if they didn?t fly away the minute I got into the water. It was at that moment that I realized that I was in deep trouble. There was this wall of water coming at me and I had just that very morning learned how to swim so I held on for what I was afraid might be my last ride. My mom was also in the water. My dad didn?t know whether to come to me or mom. Mom came crawling out of the water on all fours covered in sand but ok. They both ran to me. Well, I will tell you that I have never in my short life had anything like that happen to me. By the time they got to me I had been deposited up on the sand but my head was spinning. I heard dad say, ?Jeez she has sand crammed in her nose and her ears and her eyes, she must have hit the bottom?
I thought to myself?.Aha that splains a lot.
I have not been for a swim since. I decided that the pelicans can have the sea but they better never step on the sand or they are MINE.
:fire:

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2005 at 07:43 PM

We had a dog that looked very much like the one above. I always thought it was a basenji from Africa due to her coloring and curled tail and it never barked. Had kind of a whine/moan if you could call it that. Very very smart dog. She thought our new born son was her baby. We had her 16 years before passing.

A funny story if I may. One evening after I got home from work I made myself an egg sandwich. As I started to sit down in the living room chair to watch TV she ran to the back kitchen door like she needed to go out to potty. So I set my sandwich down on the endtable and went to the door and opened it. Just then she ran back to the endtable and got my sandwich, I ran toward her to stop her but she was too fast and out the door she went, sandwich and all. I thought it was too funny to be mad so I made another and forgave her.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2005 at 08:55 AM

TW
The vet here said the same thing but since we found her on the side of the road and he admitted that he have never seen a besenji here, we ruled that out. Not to mention the fact that she definitely barks...boy, does she.
When we first got her many people thought that she was a Jack Russell. But you know it is amazing...when you feed them they get bigger. She weighs about 40lbs now.
Last week we paid almost $400 for a pen for her and our other Mex. dog. Eta climbs out of there like it was stepping stones. She is an amazing little mutt who stole our hearts the first day we found her and only continues to bring us joy....expensive joy but joy.
We had a bassett/lab mix that ate $15 worth of pate from the table one night when we were having a party. This is Toby who moved to Mexico with us at the ripe old age of 14. She had one year of unbridled fun on the beach before she went to doggy heaven. She is probably discussing Baja with a brindle Great Dane right now.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.