Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Urgent message to Longlegsinlapaz
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 08:39 AM
Urgent message to Longlegsinlapaz

Welcome to the Board.
If you would post a recent photo, please, I think I could finally get Bajame's avatar out of my mind. In addition, I suspect that Neal Johns would move you to WIW#1.
A few things I have learned on this board may shorten your learning curve and save you some grief:
1. before accepting a ride from Mike Humfreville, look the vehicle over very carefully, especially the spare. The stories will be worth it, though.
2. DK's GPS unit, while prolific, has a funny quirk - it will get you close to the location, after that, you're on your own. Don't ever ask him if there are any missions he hasn't found yet.
3. Don't ask Paulina how girls relieve themselves in a panga - I don't think I will be able to look her in the eyes if I ever meet her again. My wife slapped me when I asked for an explaination.
4. If you send me your e-mail addy, I will return a photo of jeans. It is important you recognise her so you can cross to the other side of the street; elsewise it will cost you a donation to somethingorother.

Heh
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 10:06 AM

You are baaaaad, Santiago!!:lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 10:09 AM

Santiago

Thanks for the welcome...I THINK! Responses in the order addressed...why on earth would I want to post a pic when all I've seen on here are avatars? Give up my anonymity? I think not! I don't know Bajame or his/her avatar, I don't know you, so not sure if you deserve my help in getting Bajame's avatar out of your mind! ;) I have no clue who Neal Johns is, nor WHAT WIW#1 is, so I doubt I'd want to...let alone consent...to being moved there! Do I look stupid to you?? :no: 1. I don't know Mike Humfreville & I rarely accept rides from strangers! 2. DK's GPS unit is undoubtedly more accurate than MY sense of direction...as for missions, I'm on my OWN mission! 3. I don't know Paulina, sincerely doubt if I'd inquire on that subject, but I think your wife must be a woman of fine integrity, character & knows moral turpitude when she sees it in you! 4. Why on earth would I send you me e-mail addy to receive a photo of jeans...I've got jeans in my closet, so figure I'd recognize a pair if they came up to me the street asking for a donation of somethingorother!

I've only been registered here a few days, but I've already learnd that this is indeed a tightknit group, well except for those that are out for blood...of which there appear to be a goodly number! And if you aren't exactly precise in your choice of words on here, the nitpickers come out of the woodwork muy pronto!!!

I notice you don't show a location....please tell me you're in TJ!!! I need to know so I know which street in which town I gotta cross if I see jeans or Santiago coming! :spingrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 10:11 AM

Welcome to Nomad... you will make a fine addition to this motely crew!:biggrin:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 10:18 AM

Gee!!! Another thank you...I think!!! Did I just get called motely??? :?: And David...exactly who were you rooting for in your first post...Santiago or me? ;)
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 11:17 AM

Welcome aboard.
We are all a little over the top at times...particularly about Baja. But other topics(speaking of which, dont stray into off topic unless you have your asbestos shorts on!) sometimes get our attention. We try to help by sharing our experiences with others.
Bienvenidos!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2005 at 11:22 AM

Oh, for you.... of course!;D

Now, to get some idea of who you are interacting with, I have found the people who love Baja are about as interesting as Baja itself!

I am known for showing off the Baja loving people (Nomads, and Amigos) whom you can see in my many web site photos from our gatherings and trips...

2000-2003, I had 4 events called 'Viva Baja' and M had 4 called 'Boojum Buddies Baja Bash' or BBBB for short. The Matomi group trips in 2001 and 2004 are also full of people photos in Baja having fun. Then there are the Pyramid Resort Book Signing events, as well!

Photos are in my VivaBaja.com web site from those events and will give you an idea of what we look like! No, it's not scary! It will confirm that this syndrome we call 'Baja Fever' is not all that bazaar and normally 'normal' people all can catch it!

Santiago is best seen in our recent El Rosario Baja Cultural Festival photos: http://community-2.webtv.net/vivabaja/705 :yes:

[Edited on 11-24-2005 by David K]

Bedman
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2005 at 01:15 AM

Longlegsinlapaz....... Don't trust any of these Crusty old Curmudgeons. I, on the other hand, am a safe bet. With a Name like Bedman, How could you not? :lol:

Bedman
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2005 at 01:24 AM

You guys are too much.

Looking forward to New Years at Gecko!!!

Love ya all,

Mike
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-25-2005 at 07:54 AM

welcome longlegsinlapaz

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2005 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome...I THINK! Responses in the order addressed...why on earth would I want to post a pic when all I've seen on here are avatars? Give up my anonymity? I think not! I don't know Bajame or his/her avatar, I don't know you, so not sure if you deserve my help in getting Bajame's avatar out of your mind! ;) I have no clue who Neal Johns is, nor WHAT WIW#1 is, so I doubt I'd want to...let alone consent...to being moved there! Do I look stupid to you?? :no: 1. I don't know Mike Humfreville & I rarely accept rides from strangers! 2. DK's GPS unit is undoubtedly more accurate than MY sense of direction...as for missions, I'm on my OWN mission! 3. I don't know Paulina, sincerely doubt if I'd inquire on that subject, but I think your wife must be a woman of fine integrity, character & knows moral turpitude when she sees it in you! 4. Why on earth would I send you me e-mail addy to receive a photo of jeans...I've got jeans in my closet, so figure I'd recognize a pair if they came up to me the street asking for a donation of somethingorother!

I've only been registered here a few days, but I've already learnd that this is indeed a tightknit group, well except for those that are out for blood...of which there appear to be a goodly number! And if you aren't exactly precise in your choice of words on here, the nitpickers come out of the woodwork muy pronto!!!

I notice you don't show a location....please tell me you're in TJ!!! I need to know so I know which street in which town I gotta cross if I see jeans or Santiago coming! :spingrin:

Longlegs:
As you've taken the time to respond it's only right I should offer up some explainations:

Neal, a dryologist, has a list of women who are waiting to become his next wife. These women (and we use this term loosely around here) are refered to as "wives in waiting", hence "WIW" and are constantly bickering with each other regarding their place on the list. To be honest, I've never really figured out what the requirements are to become a WIW and one's place on the list, but I gather it has something to do with hot springs and sleeping bags. As Neal's avatar is a close resemblence, it's rather puzzling.

1. Get MH's new book and go to Fred Metcalf's board and read his stories.

2. DK, you've undoubtably noticed, posts a lot. Pictures and co-ordinates. Now if you think about it, every location will be somebody's secrete spot, resulting in that somebody throwing a hissey fit. I, for one, appreciate the tons of info. Of course, it goes without saying, that if he ever gets ahold of my super secret yellowtail hole and posts the GPS location, I'll kill the sumb-tch.

3. I will make no further comment re: Paulina, other than to say you'll know you're close if you get a whiff of stale smoke. Thank god we men were sober enough to put the damn fire out or else Gecko would be a distant memory.

4. jeans (lower case 'j') is a person. Knows a thing or two about getting along in Baja, and life I suspect. I, for one, need a slap upside the head now and then in order to focus on something other than "how they biting?" I thank her for that.

Hope this helps.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.