BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: colonoscopy
harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 12:22 PM

Wow, I was really hoping for some referrals in Baja. We're fulltimers so we really can go anywhere and I was hoping that the people who live down here (in Baja) might have a REFERRAL for a doctor that they are comfortable with to do a colonoscopy. My userid has always been harvestmoon; over at datastorm users and many other parenting websites.

At the risk of sounding like a hyprochrondriac (sp?) I am willing to give more information simply in the hope that SOMEONE will actually answer the question with a good referral.

I am 45 and in August of this year had parasites diagnosed (with a lab) in Dolores Hidalgo. I took meds. I had all 4 kids tested and they tested positive too; this was after 3 days of incredible fever and diahrrea every 10 minutes for the most affected - this was around the clock. My husband was tested negative for parasites. If you've never had parasites, perhaps you can't understand the misery, but it is truly awful. The kids had fevers ranging from 102 fot 104F. Hypochondriac? I don't think so.

This year, soon after we crossed the border, I suspected parasites for myself and the two girls. We were all tested. The girls were mildly infected, but I had a severe infection along with yeast in my gut. Hypocondriac? No.

My husband fell ill with Typhoid in April of this year when we were in Quintana Roo. Diagnosed with blood test and the fact that he was severely ill. Had MD make house calls as he was so ill. Took him 3 months to recover. He is 43. Ever since he recovered from typhoid, he has felt that *something* was not right. Here in San Felipe, we had a PSA done (his was 2.0; he is 43) and parasite test done. His parasite test was negative. The MD (Abasolo) recommended a colonoscopy. I've read on the internet and it looks like you really should choose someone who has lots of experience in colonoscopies as preforation of the color can occur. So, I was hoping that instead of fodder for jokes and amusement, someone on this forum might actually answer the question posed; does anyone have a referral for an MD in Baja (anywhere; we'll travel) for a colonoscopy?

If you're still wondering if I'm serious or a simple hypochrondiac (did I finally get the spelling right?), check our website; http://www.hopalog.com

I don't have 24/7 Internet and was really hoping to get a referrral or two.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 12:25 PM

I'm still stuck on "Harvest Moon":lol::lol::lol:

sorry....

[Edited on 11-28-2005 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
harvestmoon

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 12:26 PM
Colonoscopy REFERRAL WANTED

Wow, I was really hoping for some referrals in Baja. We're fulltimers so we really can go anywhere and I was hoping that the people who live down here (in Baja) might have a REFERRAL for a doctor that they are comfortable with to do a colonoscopy. My userid has always been harvestmoon; over at datastorm users and many other parenting websites.

At the risk of sounding like a hyprochrondriac (sp?) I am willing to give more information simply in the hope that SOMEONE will actually answer the question with a good referral.

I am 45 and in August of this year had parasites diagnosed (with a lab) in Dolores Hidalgo. I took meds. I had all 4 kids tested and they tested positive too; this was after 3 days of incredible fever and diahrrea every 10 minutes for the most affected - this was around the clock. My husband was tested negative for parasites. If you've never had parasites, perhaps you can't understand the misery, but it is truly awful. The kids had fevers ranging from 102 fot 104F. Hypochondriac? I don't think so.

This year, soon after we crossed the border, I suspected parasites for myself and the two girls. We were all tested. The girls were mildly infected, but I had a severe infection along with yeast in my gut. Hypocondriac? No.

My husband fell ill with Typhoid in April of this year when we were in Quintana Roo. Diagnosed with blood test and the fact that he was severely ill. Had MD make house calls as he was so ill. Took him 3 months to recover. He is 43. Ever since he recovered from typhoid, he has felt that *something* was not right. Here in San Felipe, we had a PSA done (his was 2.0; he is 43) and parasite test done. His parasite test was negative. The MD (Abasolo) recommended a colonoscopy. I've read on the internet and it looks like you really should choose someone who has lots of experience in colonoscopies as preforation of the color can occur. So, I was hoping that instead of fodder for jokes and amusement, someone on this forum might actually answer the question posed; does anyone have a referral for an MD in Baja (anywhere; we'll travel) for a colonoscopy?

If you're still wondering if I'm serious or a simple hypochrondiac (did I finally get the spelling right?), check our website; http://www.hopalog.com

I don't have 24/7 Internet and was really hoping to get a referrral or two.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 02:14 PM
Probably nothing in San Felipe---------

We have quite a few NOMADS in the San Felipe area, and if they knew the answer to your questions I am sure they would respond.

Having previously lived in El Centro for 13 years, I do know that for really serious medical things we always went over the hill to San Diego, and that is what I recommend for you folks. However, Mexicali is a HUGE city, with modern facilities, and I am pretty sure they could take care of you there. You will just have to get a doctors referral, I am thinking.
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 07:26 PM

Wow Harvestmoon! I thought you might have gotten some sort of referal by now.We have a good friend that spends a lot of time in Popotla area and has recently been diagnosed with parasites. He has been on antibiotics to "cure" the problem, but he keeps getting sick!He went to a doc here in So.Cal.for the diagnosis,however he goes to docs down there for everthing else.I'll ask about this, as it sounds to be a concern of yours that needs to be taken seriously. Come on Nomads, help out here!:!:

Happiness is just a Baja memory away...
HotSchott
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 07:26 PM

If you have access to the internet to post here, can't you search the Yahoo Tijuana or Mexicali for a medico de culo or proctologico?

In all seriousness, if you speak enough Spanish to find a doctor in Mexico you should have more luck (I would think) using las paginas amarillos than posting this on a message board. If you don't speak enough Spanish to find a Mexican Doctor, your husband is gonna have a great story to tell after his 'procedure'. I would use some Espanol (If you know any) or call Sharp Hospital in San Diego (619-482-5800).
MH_Stevens
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 07:27 PM

Of course this is standard preventive medicine for anyone over 50. The post highlights the need for a good full-time Internal-medicine PCP. Your PCP should automatically arrange this test for you at the right time. The poster and some responders sound like they are not managing their preventative medicine with regular visits with their PCP. This is most important and all the more so when living as an expat. Early diagnosis equals a quick cheap fix and time to plan treatment in San Diego if desired.

For those of you who knew, I am now home from my repeat triple bypass surgery and recovering remarkably well. I had surgery at UCSD Thornton Hospital in La Jolla.

Mike S

Cheers,

Mike Stevens
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 07:53 PM

I don't think they pay those doctors enough. I cant imagine doing that for a living.:O

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 08:07 PM

Can we move this to Web MD and go on to more pleasant things. I agree with Bajarunner but come on!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
MH_Stevens
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2005 at 12:08 PM

And to avoid the wasted cost of needing a second procedure (which is quite common) make sure you have a really though colonic irrigation (enema) before you go for test.

The better type of procedure is where the rectum is expanded with compressed air - your colon is effectively inflated - to give more room to examine and for better access to the colon walls. This procedure is quite painful (major stomach cramp type pain) while you are inflated and when the procedure if finished you will have the biggest f**t you have ever had. But do do it as colon cancer once established is nasty but at the early stage is a zip to fix.

Cheers,

Mike Stevens
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-29-2005 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Can we move this to Web MD and go on to more pleasant things. I agree with Bajarunner but come on!

OK dont have a BM:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.