Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Back from la Bocana
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 11-26-2005 at 10:48 PM
Back from la Bocana

Hi , board just got back from my mission site hunting and la Bocana de Santo Tomas trip. pretty nice place taking in consideration the 18 miles from highway 1 is just all washboard, they charge $50 pesos per car for camping in la Bocana. wich concists on some small sand dunes on the south side of the arroyo some cabins for rent. 4 miles north you can find puerto santo tomas very secluded, cabins are available for rent too.Latter I went looking for the first site of the santo tomas mission and then to the second site inside el palomar rv park not much to see, tall grass coverts everything,what a shame nobody cares about this historic sites y also visited san vicente ferrer ruins , what a difference from this site to the others, this one is fund it by inah, I wonder who deccides witch sites are more important that others, I might spotted David's K. mighthy TACOMA on the road to la bocana on friday I guess will find out latter when he gets back..
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2005 at 10:54 PM
back from la bocana

Sorry I couldn't supply pictures I will later , one more thing if you are looking for missions sites, Dave Werschkul SAINTS AND DEMONS IN A DESERT WILDERNESS book is the way to go, pretty easy to follow directions for peolple new to the baja scene.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-28-2005 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Hi , board just got back from my mission site hunting and la Bocana de Santo Tomas trip. pretty nice place taking in consideration the 18 miles from highway 1 is just all washboard, they charge $50 pesos per car for camping in la Bocana. wich concists on some small sand dunes on the south side of the arroyo some cabins for rent. 4 miles north you can find puerto santo tomas very secluded, cabins are available for rent too.Latter I went looking for the first site of the santo tomas mission and then to the second site inside el palomar rv park not much to see, tall grass coverts everything,what a shame nobody cares about this historic sites y also visited san vicente ferrer ruins , what a difference from this site to the others, this one is fund it by inah, I wonder who deccides witch sites are more important that others, I might spotted David's K. mighthy TACOMA on the road to la bocana on friday I guess will find out latter when he gets back..

I guess you did!! We drove in to see the first site Friday morning, on our way to El Rosario... I didn't notice any other cars however... Sorry to miss you!

To find the first site, go 3.6 miles from Mex. 1 towards Puerto Santo Tomas/La Bocana and take the left fork across the river and into a nice big campground/park 3/10 a mile more... The low ruin is in the middle of the open area south of the oak trees...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 11-28-2005 at 07:22 PM
That was really you

Yes David it was about 11.30 am you where on the south side (lower road) of the arroyo. I was driving in my red ram on the upper road going to La Bocana, but didn't notice any stickers on the back glass or maybe I didn't see em thats why I tought it was somebody else. maybe next time. I did find the first site on my way back to see the second one.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.