Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: "Lurkers"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 05:53 PM

I hope it is understood that my ONLY intention on posting the correct spelling of PLACE NAMES is for education... and respect for the Mexican people. I am a terrible English speller (I think), so I wouldn't dream of criticizing anyone's English or dyslexia... But, the places we love in Baja (like Puertecitos, Alfonsina's, Guerrero Negro, Los Barriles, etc.) should be something we learn to spell correctly. Also, nobody here is perfect... don't swet the small stuff and just have fun!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bud
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I hope it is understood that my ONLY intention on posting the correct spelling of PLACE NAMES is for education... and respect for the Mexican people. I am a terrible English speller (I think), so I wouldn't dream of criticizing anyone's English or dyslexia... But, the places we love in Baja (like Puertecitos, Alfonsina's, Guerrero Negro, Los Barriles, etc.) should be something we learn to spell correctly. Also, nobody here is perfect... don't swet the small stuff and just have fun!

You mean sweat don't you David? :?:

Bud:spingrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 06:12 PM

Exactly! See what I mean... if I can mis-spell English words, then so can you and don't be embarassed!:D

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bud
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Exactly! See what I mean... if I can mis-spell English words, then so can you and don't be embarassed!:D

haha! Sorry David. I could not resist that one. Figured I'd better get my licks in now before you discover how bad I am at spelling. :spingrin:

Bud
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 06:40 PM
A quick recap about spell checkers...

...we've touched on the subject several times here, and I use the 'iespell' checker that's FREE from:

http://www.iespell.com/

You can use it on any response you may be entering on any web page...you just 'right click' in the text area, select 'Check spelling' in your 'right click' menu, and you are up and running! It's so easy, and you can add the Mexican place names, etc., that you use from time-to-time...try it you'll like it!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 08:15 PM

I guess I am more of a lurker---I have asked a few questions, and I recently posted a travel report.

Sometimes, at least for me, it can seem a little intimidating and like being an intruder when there are a number of people who "chat" and "spar" on a regular basis.

Then again, I have had nice responses to questions, and nice comments about my trip report---so------

Love Baja
Diane

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 08:28 PM

Hey, great spelling Bajame !!

Weer ees Bruce anyhu ?
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 12-16-2005 at 11:20 PM

He's not in my closet!!!!!:wow:

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 12-17-2005 at 08:04 AM
I use iespell also

got it here on the board . It works great. And with David k here on the board we have our own private Mexican spellchecker. Makes me happy, :yes:Ain't life grand,k:yes::bounce:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Socalz

[*] posted on 12-17-2005 at 08:09 AM

Registered here 2 1/2 years ago and before this one, I had 13 posts, so it's unlikely I'll acheive "Super Nomad" status anytime soon. Maybe Doug will grant me a "Super Lurker" tag. Also lurked at Amigos de Baja.

I've made several trips into Baja California as far as Loreto, but haven't made any trips in the last 4 years since I burn up my vacation time visiting my son. Just spent 2 weeks with him in Germany last Sept. Hopefully now that I purchased a 2000 Wrangler from a friend, I'll start making more trips into Baja. Looking forward into exploring the Gonzaga and BOLA areas with the Jeep.

[Edited on 12-17-2005 by Socalz]
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 12-17-2005 at 08:11 AM
I use iespell also. Great little tool

Got it here on the board . It works great. And with David k here on the board we have our own private Mexican spellchecker. Makes me happy, :yes:Ain't life grand,k:yes::bounce:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2005 at 08:39 PM

Quote:

I use iespell also. Great little tool

Well, if this is the before and after post, I would have to say you are pretty easy to please!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.