BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: It is NOT dead yet...E.N.....
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 10:17 AM
It is NOT dead yet...E.N.....

Despite reports....there is major construction going on the paved road to Santa Rosalillita....and turnouts have been added on Highway 1 ...just like those on the BOLA road...

The ESCULERA NAUTICA refuses to die...bring silver bullets and the cross for the coffin as this thing has been revived more times than Frankenstein or Dracula....
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 11:51 AM

It has just been repackaged in a scaled back slightly smaller version. We shall see.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 03:16 PM

Surfer Jim

I think the project, under any name, will die of its own weight. I don't think the project has merit. The last I checked, Baja California is not in the U.S. of A. and I don't think it's any of my business if Mexico or any other country wants to make improvements to increase tourism.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 07:13 PM

I agree that is is THEIR country and we sure wouldn't like Mexican tourists telling us what we should do here... (if that ever even happens).

However, we here on Nomad love Baja like nobody else understands and we have seen the well intentioned but poorly planned past projects.

The saddest I can think of is Puerto Escondido... That used to be a wonderful recreation bay, camping on the bayshore, pangas to take you fishing (Ramon Villalejo in our case), etc... The abandoned paradores are another eyesore along Hwy. 1...

It's not that we want to keep Baja the way we first saw her, it is that we don't want great places ruined for the future visits by us or our children.

An abandoned eyesore or destroyed habitat will do the Mexican people no good as well. In fact it will HURT them by changing Baja from what draws tourists (money) into something that keeps tourists away.

That's my opinion... ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 07:45 PM

Lots of kind words lately about JR. Lots of people saying "how truthful he was". He often questioned your postition. Perhaps the same people who revere his "truthfulness" are now questioning your position on lots of things: "We on Nomad" sounds like you are speaking for a whole lot of people. You don't speak for me.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 08:20 PM
Ospry

You write well but I doubt that anyone speaks for you. Even Don Jimmy said you were most contrary.................and.........

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-22-2005 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Lots of kind words lately about JR. Lots of people saying "how truthful he was". He often questioned your postition. Perhaps the same people who revere his "truthfulness" are now questioning your position on lots of things: "We on Nomad" sounds like you are speaking for a whole lot of people. You don't speak for me.

This was the rest of the line starting with "we":

"...we here on Nomad love Baja like nobody else understands and we have seen the well intentioned but poorly planned past projects."

Is it your opinion that people here do NOT love Baja or have NOT seen failed projects?

That is all I meant by "we"...

Not implying anything else or even suggesting I speak for anyone else here... It is just conversation... among friends, I should hope.

Merry Christmas (that probably offends someone, too)!:lol::lol::rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2005 at 12:26 AM
Jesus Bernie, take it easy

no not Jesus Bernie :lol:
THat ever so keen eye of the Osprey did make an astute observation. Which was?

I feel DK made a somewhat redundant statement alluding to the preservation and/or sensitivity demands that some potentially (large)gringo enclaves be saved from a ruinous era and developers.

This is awesome.

It seems JR made an ambition to express his similar concerns. Of course JR may have exceeded his own rules by allowing disparate people to become familiar with the luxuries of the modern world himself. HP printers?

To me, "ruin" may mean something different than your definition. Get my drift?

So who does decide where and who and what should be dragged into 'our" realm of moderization with all the trimmings?
Ya got me. But I wouldn't want to see Loretos' Mr. Butterball take on the challenge of making the Nautica project succeed.
Would you?

anyhoo, Merry Xmas.

[Edited on 12-24-2005 by Sharksbaja]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.