Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anniversary
uk barbara (2)

[*] posted on 1-3-2006 at 07:32 AM
Anniversary

Hello again

This time last year I was busy asking you questions about Baja as I planned my trip there.

I sneak into the website all the time to try to recapture the feel of those wonderful two weeks and I have been saddened to learn of the recent death of one the liveliest contributors. Sincere condolences to all family and friends.

I am looking out of my work office window at the dreariest of English grey & wet weather and getting a severe attack of Baja trip anniversary blues. The beautiful shells from the beaches decorating my desk hammer home the point. I do buy the occasional Lottery ticket in the vain hope that my numbers will fall in the right place and I can book those air tickets & again experience the unique atmosphere there.

Meantime, I guess I'll have to make do with reading the emails and feasting my eyes on the photo gallery. Thanks to all for sharing those at least!

Barbara
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2006 at 07:57 AM

Barbara,

Congrats on your 4th post and thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Yes JR has passed and there was quite an expression of sadness by most of the Nomads. Now that the "Goodby JR" posts have gone by, I still find myself missing him and mourning his passing; wanting to know more about the man. Checking the reduction in the number of daily posts and topics, it is obvious what a huge contributor to Nomads and Baja JR really was.

I think we all know your yearning feelings for the land we hold dear. We head south in less than 1 week for 6-8 weeks traveling (5-6 weeks in Baja).
We have been dreaming for months now. My wife will stop me and say "this morning I was in that little grocery store in Cuidad Constitution...."
I will say, "I was sitting in my beach chair with my feet in the water at El Requeson on an 80 degree sunny day." or "I was sitting in the sidewalk cafe at La Perla...." or "I coulda sworn I smelled that first-thing-in-the-morning Baja beach smell when I woke up....." (it's 28 degrees here).

I'll try to post lots of pictures from our trip just for people like you and me; yearners.

It's all good; it's all Baja.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.