Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: satellite signal for Loreto
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 06:50 AM
satellite signal for Loreto

I brought down a one meter dish & receiver for Dish 500 to Loreto. Couldn't pull in a signal. Anyone getting t.v. off Dish 500???? Why can Direct TV signal be received here, but not Dish 500? Skeet. Before you moved to Arizona, what were you using for t.v. coverage? Any help here for me????? TYIA Phil S
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 08:52 AM
Probably similar to La Paz

I know a person who brought down a Dish system a few years ago, didn't have any success with it. All the people I know with satilite systems seem to have Directv.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:28 AM

Phil S: Have no true reason for the problems with Dish.
Bill and Betty Riffe have always had a Large dish and they pull in many channels.
We installed our Direct Dish through Henry from San Ysidro.
Someone on this board may be able to help. I recall Baja Bus was doing installations. Maybe he can tell you.
Phil where are you living in Nopolo?
Do you know if the "Peppers" farming operation is still going on near San Bruno?Skeet/Loreto
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 09:41 AM
sorry Phil, but dish net will not work in baja

why? who knows , but only direct TV or old "C" band 6 and 8 and 10 etc dishes work. save your 1 meter dish but you'll need a new LNB and a direct TV receiver.

I'm going thru the same frustration in mulege, have dish net 500 at home in az. and wanted to set up a 2nd antenna and then carry my receiver back and forth - no dice amigo!

[Edited on 10-30-2003 by capt. mike]

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 01:22 PM
satellite in Loreto

Capt. Mike. That was my intent. Last year I brought down the motohome system I use in the states. No signal. Was hoping that the one meter might get the job done. Everyone said it won't. I guess I was hoping that I'd be the little "engine that said 'I think I can', but turns out I can't. Big disappointment. So now will have to switch to Direct when go home for Christmas.

Skeet. I live in that cluster of homes to the north of the tennis courts. About twelve houses here. When did you move to Arizona? Was starting to ask around town to see if I could locate you, and found you don't live here anymore. That must hae been a hard thing to do.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 02:11 PM

Pkil S.It has now been 2 years. Went to Lake Havasu where my Wifes Step Mother had moved.Stayed only a short time then got the 20 acres and Started raising Chickens,Goats, Cow, and Horse.
We all change and yes it was difficult but necessary as We had built 'Rancho Sonrisa " from scratch and was being surrounded by ugly neighbors on both sides and around. We had enjoyed so many years that we did not want to experience the Bad fibes of poor neighbors.Goof luck with your TV.Skeet/Loreto
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 07:47 PM
Direct TV!

Direct TV is your best choice for southern Baja:spingrin::spingrin: I have it Loreto, and am watching full coverage of the fires in So Cal:( What a mess for the people involved..
CJ
Nomad

Mood: It's cool with me

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 07:27 AM
come on Skeet

Sorry for getting off the TV subject, but I have to respond on Skeets comment of ugly neighbors. I don't know where I stand in his list of UGLY NEIGHBORS:?: as we have just completed a house a couple of hundred yards south of Skeets Rancho Sonrisa. We have had a home in Loreto for the past 14 years. First on Calle Madero and now our new one. I have known Skeet and his so called ugly neighbors for the past 9 of those years. They are good people, and they have contributed a lot to Loreto. Their values are different than Skeets that's it! Skeet would not have had electricity or water for another 5 years if it had not been for those UGLY NEIGHBORS! Get a GRIP Skeet there are people who read this board who have known you for a long time. CJ aka Mike Sheffer:cool:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 03:48 PM

Mike ; This is an old story and you have always been an upright neghbor.When the incidents happened you had not arrived.Of course if jamie was here you could check out the truth.It is long forgotten. Watch your back and if you get bussed 10 or 15 times lets us hope that his plane does not crash in your house or the School across the street.
Glad to hear that you are in your home.
Mike. Did the Assocation finally give up on closing the beach?
C. ZL. was not meant to be included. His many projects have given the village of Loreto and its people many jobs.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 04:16 PM

CJ.
I Aplogise to you and Rosy.In all the many years I spent in Loreto and at Rancho Sonrisa that is the only negative that we had to deal with.
That is also the first time I have responded in a negative way concerning Loreto.
Did you hear about me getting into a fight on the beach when the Hungarian Pilot in his ultra light was buzzing people on the beach and when he got real low I threw rocks at him? He had just been run off of the Presidente for taking pictures on the Nudie beach of the Hotel.He was gone the next day.
Lots of stories and lots of reasons why we get into conflicts. Skeet/Loreto
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 07:08 PM

Southern baja is out of the footprint and the angle of the dangle is insufficient for the fingamahicky.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.