Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aerocalifornia has changed LA PAZ flights
msrla
Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 1-13-2006 at 01:41 PM
Aerocalifornia has changed LA PAZ flights

Just tried to book our annual trip...airline NO LONGER has an early morning outbound flight from LA, we always took an early morning Saturday flight. Now we lose the entire day and don't get in until 8PM. AND, what is normally about a 2 hour flight is now 3.5 hours, as it looks like they are not going nonstop!

Also, returning the following Saturday, no longer a later afternoon flight, and the early morning flight (yes we lose another day having to leave so early!) is NO LONGER non stop either, another 3.5 hour flight! WHAT GIVES? We've been going the last four years, and the flights have always been full! What are they doing???

Not to mention the airfare is much higher....do I book now, or do any of you amigos think the fare will go down between now and April?

Where is a competitive airline (Alaska!) when you really need them...and why is aerocalifornia limiting these la paz flights now and making them NON non stop! Like I said, these flights have always been very full in prior years! What GIVES???:mad:

Ari
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 02:22 PM

Not Sure about the changes, but have you checked about leaving out of TJ/
The last time I checked it was still on Schedule/
skeet
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 1-13-2006 at 06:54 PM

Just for the hekuvit, I checked cost of an DOMESTIC RT from Mexicali to La Paz on Aeromexico. Damn near $8,000 pesos, like 3 times the cost of a U.S. cross-country flight of 3 times the distance. Que me la pelan, pues. Voy en el bus.:fire:

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 08:24 AM

Don't leave from TJ if you have much luggage. Not long ago I brought along a bunch of books, and the baggage fee cost nearly as much as my ticket.

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 08:53 AM

When I leave Amarillo to go to La Paz, I have to fly into Los Angeles , catch the flight, go to Hermasillo, then to La Paz, takes all Day!!

The only good thing about the flight is I can buy some of that RealGood Sonora Beef Jerky.

Skeet
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 11:00 AM

msrla - when are you flying? I just checked several non-stop AeroCalifornia flights for February, LAX to La Paz on a Saturday. For each Saturday I found a flight leaving LAX at 8 a.m. and arriving 11 or 11:15 a.m. La Paz is on Mountain Time; Los Angeles is on Pacific Time. After you subtract the hour for the time difference, travel time is right about 2 hours.

Price is $211 one-way, and yes that's more than they charged a few years ago. If you want a better price, you could fly in to Cabo.. cost is only $113 one way from LAX. Round trip cost is double the price of one-way.

However you decide to fly, have a wonderful trip!

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
msrla
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2006 at 04:23 PM

Hi Natalie Ann.......yes, thats the flight we take every year.....we're travelling the first week in May this year and it doesn't appear on any of the schedules I've checked!

I'm starting a letter writing campaign to Alaska Airlines to reinstate their La Paz flights....historically, they used to offer service during peak season, April thru Sept? and they abruptly stopped about 2 years ago........... If any nomads here want to join in, it would be great, there is definate power in numbers! I don't want to be obnoxious and start a new subject on this board about a letter writing campaign, but if anyone here thinks we should, let's go for it, there appears to be very limited air travel to La Paz, yet I know many people who do travel there! THANKS!!!

reservations@alaskaair.com

btw, here is the reply they sent me, be sure to request they forward your suggestion to their planning department:

<<We will forward your suggestion to our Planning department. We are continuously looking to expand the destination choices for our customer base in
the Pacific Northwest, Alaska and West Coast region. In doing so, we ensure there is sufficient demand to support any new markets we enter, and conduct these analyses on a regular basis. In markets that we do not serve, we strive to make codeshare partnerships with other airlines who will provide quality service for our valued Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air customers>>

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.