Author: Subject: Minnow
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 03:33 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally posted by Minnow
It's funny how I can post an opinion, with no name calling or hysterical ranting, and it be deleted. Why? For no other reason than it is different than the board moderator...

...I hope you all out there are taking notice. Unless your views are the same as those "in control" here, you will be censored. There is no free exchange of ideas. Only those of one group.

I would strongly disagree that there is no exchange of ideas/views here, and that there is only the view of one "group"... and I really don't think you feel that way, as you've been to this site on more than one occasion, and it's pretty clear to visitors here that there are differing backgrounds/feelings/thoughts in quite a few of the various threads posted here.

Although I'm not certain to which comments of yours were removed, as a reminder, anything posted that could be deemed as harrassing, or making a personal attack upon another member is not welcomed, and under review may be partially "censored" or removed entirely.

Is it possible that someone may have viewed this to be the issue?

Thanks for your input!

Regards,
--
Doug
Head Referee

[Edited on 10-30-2003 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 04:35 PM
Minnow's Santiago Zoo thread?

Minnow, why did YOU remove the post/thread where you questioned jeans' handling of zoo donations? By doing so, you removed her complete answer to you (and the rest of us who also donated to help the animals in small cages there). Was it not the answer you expected?

I think Doug has proved that all ideas are freely exchanged here by creating the off topic board.

Personal attacks are not welcome here I have noticed, unlke thaaat other place you now hang out at... Even my posts have been removed... so what, it's just a message board?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 04:53 PM

FYI to both of you...

The exchange here isn't "free." That would be impossible. There have to be some guidelines, including the note above on harrassment and personal attacks (by far the most common reason for moderation that has happened here so far).

Even with these restrictions, there still remains quite a broad area of discussion that can still be covered.

Regards,
--
Doug Means

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 10:07 PM
For your information.

It was e-mailed to me, a request to remove an inflamatory post and a couple of replys. I agreed it WAS inflamatory and hurtfull. I ON MY OWn deleted 1 post that was a hurtfull rant towards the women on this board. I have NOT deleted the last couple of rants that Minnow has made. M
Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 10:14 PM

B.S M. You went through and deleted evey single post of mine that disagreed with your views. ************.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by BajaNomad]
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2003 at 11:08 PM
Just to give you a little primer on what will get your post knocked off....

personal attacks are just not tolerated. I reported you and asked to have some attack on me removed the other day. The bottom line is that anytime you or anyone else says "You are a ________" and it is a negative thing, you have crossed the line.

As one of those who personally attacked me on that "other" board, my response to your posts is normally now to simply not respond. But in the interest of education to you and anyone else who has a bone to pick with another poster, you will find that if you attack the person's position but not their person, you will quite likely never be deleted on this board no matter what your opinions are. Once you make it personal, ESPECIALLY if you're cussing at someone, the person being attacked has every right to complain about it and you will probably get your post scrubbed.

There might be some gray area where a moderator occasionally has to make a judgement call, but so far, I haven't seen any of your recent posts falling into it.

It's as simple as that. Argue away, but just be civil. - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 08:21 AM

Not the case here Stephanie. I personally deleted the post you are refering to after about five minutes. The posts I am refering to we only objectionalble in the fact that they differed from the opinion of M and Jeans. Nothing personal, no you are a.......'s. Just a different opinion expressed in a coherent manner. So coherent in fact M went back and edited, see here last GC post, her post that I was critical of. I will be posting some of the private e-mails these "bajababes" sent me later in the day to further my point.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 08:43 AM

Gee wiz Minnow, if you don't like it here then why not stay over at thaaat other place? Nobody will side with you if you chose to post private email exchanges, unless your only purpose is to cause disruption. Unlike certain other message boards, here many opinions are expressed.

You could have used the Nomad search engine to see what has happened with the zoo or visit the zoo's donation web site http://www.landsendanimalfund.org or emailed jeans, who has done so much to help the zoo.

Other than wanting Baja kept secret for their personal pleasure, what has thaat other place done to help the zoo... or the people of Baja who are not involved with racing?

Please stop harassing M, jeans, Stephanie, etc.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 09:43 AM

If your definition of harassment(and by the way to include Stephanie in your comment is the ULTIMATE example of your hypocracy) is to express opinions and facts opposed to those of the MODERATOR, then you are correct. Wake up and smell the coffee. Your cheering section has left you. Go reread the Wow Minnow thread. When you posted UNDER M's admission that she deleted my Hypocracy threads, you must have known she deleted them. Yet, you didn't edit your post on the Wow Minnow thread that Libels me. This is a great example of your character and that of M, because she knows she deleted 2 of those threads not 1. Not to mention others. By the way, why did Amo Pescar quit posting? Tell us about the bill for repairing the van. Hypocracy sucks!

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by Minnow]
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 10:18 AM
Tom....

The way I see it three things have to happen here to maintain stability:

1. Doug needs to get the DK parrot off his shoulder.

2. The amigos cult needs to not grow here, ignoring would be a good thing.

3. You need to not take these folks very seriously.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 11:41 AM
Wrong place

Oh shoot, I thought this was the quilting bee board. Oh wait, it's starting to sound like it now. Please get it all out before traveling south of the border. And don't forget to knit one pearl 2. Pacifico offer still holds Minnow. You too Tucker.

[Edited on 10-31-2003 by Ski Baja]
Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 12:08 PM

JR you put a smile on my face. Yes, lets have cold ones sometime. What happened to your Link?

Tucker, I've been laughing through this whole thing. I definately don't take myself to serious. I call myself Minnow for gods sake. Here's why.

Back in 95 or 96 when I first discovered amigo's de baja, it was just a fishing discussion page. The first of it's kind as a matter of fact. Almost everyone there listed their boat name as there handle, like you would over your VHF at sea. Well times certainly changed when this group showed up Several years later. I guess I should have changed my handle because it was so self deprocating, but that would be pretense and hypocracy. The bajababes love to call me the little fish minnow when assulting me. I guess I should have changed my handle to Big Swinging Verga, or something like that when they came along. Saludos to you both, and all the Amigos out there. Tom
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 12:27 PM
Big swinging Verga

Too funny !hahahahahahaha:lol:
Not sure about the link but go to http://groups.msn.com/TheBajasBestGuidesPhotoAlbum or if you send me a U2U with your e-dress, I'll send you an invitation to join.
Glad you realize the importance of fishing and the unimportance of opinionated babble. Much of which is mine on a regular basis.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2003 at 06:37 PM

Minnow, hopefully the moderators will remove your post above where you bring up issues that are non of your business.

There is no secret that a mesquite tree log banged the side of the van... the side... kiked up when I ran over it (was buried) in the arroyo. I did not crash the van.

Witnesses include Mike Humfreville, David Eidell, Paulina, Desert Rat, and others. Desert Rat and David Eidell had time deadlines for their return to the U.S. We could not wait in Mexico in extra day or longer for an insurance adjuster there. The dent was likely within the deductable anyway.

Upon our return, Mike saw the dent the next day. He made no attempt to have the insurance cover it, nor asked me anymore about it.

The van was bought for use in a tour business we were partners in. I was the pilot on its maiden Baja voyage to 'break it in'... well, I did. But, it was an accident. Mike never came to me asking for any assistance in the repair. He even made a bumper sticker that said 'David K did this' and stuck it by the bump.

I have visited with Amo long after the event, and never was the accident mentioned. He even let me use the van again to go into Baja... TWICE! Photos at Punta Cabras and Guadalupe Canyon with the van (after the dent trip) are on my web site.

So, once again Minnow, find another subject to make someone here look bad... for whatever reason you have.

Minnow
Banned

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 10:08 AM

Your character is underwhelming. When I borrow someones car and damage it I don't wait for them to ask me to fix it. You know you did it, you know it was going to cost money to fix it, how had is it to figure out you should pay for it.

Mike nodoubt is a nice guy, and may have felt it tacky to ask, but I seriously doubt he would have refused any money you offered to fix the damage as the result of YOUR actions.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2003 at 10:39 AM

Golly Minnow, you just don't get it... This is none of your business. I know you want to look good to your new buddies at thaaat other place, so you continue.

The van was a business tool, I was a partner in the business. I even provided the name of the business. Mike (Amo) had the money and I had the knowledge and contacts... Mike invited me to be a part of the business.

Mike made no mention of even wanting to fix the dent... as a business partner he had no reason not to mention it. It wasn't a friend borrowing from a friend, as you call it. It was a business promotional and fact finding trip. For several months, Mike stored the van at my house (that was for no charge to the business). Anyway, the van was insured and it was nothing more than an unavoidable accident... Now, will you stop with the hate?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.