BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: One p***ed off whale!!!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 03:53 PM
One p***ed off whale!!!

Wonder which Baja bahia this guy is headed for?
And why he was so upset??

SANTA BARBARA

Gray Whale Flops Onto Boat, Crushing Cabin
From Times Staff And Wire Reports

February 3, 2006

A gray whale smashed into a 27-foot boat, damaging the vessel and injuring one person, the boat's owner said.

The Bayliner was cruising off Leadbetter Beach shortly before 6 p.m. Wednesday when the whale surfaced under the right bow and belly-flopped onto the boat, crushing the cabin, said owner Jerry Gormley.

He said the whale surfaced a second time and ran its tail along the boat's side, knocking over passenger Bob Thornburgh, 50, who suffered cracked ribs, and tearing down the vessel's railing.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 06:25 PM

He probably wasn't mad just playing around. Running his tail along the side maybe was a tickle stroke.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 08:02 PM

under the right bow? now there is a new nautical term.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 2-3-2006 at 11:46 PM

This has happened before, about the same area also.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A05E2D6163EF...
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 2-4-2006 at 09:25 AM

Sort of a new form of foreplay???
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2006 at 09:46 AM

As humans we too often forget that in the water it's their world and while they may be only playing it could mean death to us. I was snokling in a bay across from La Bufadora when a black object came rushing pass me. I didn't get a good look but my first thought was shark. I was looking in all directions with my spear gun (Hawaiian sling actually) ready. Suddenly a seal swam up near me and just stopped and looked at me far a while then sped off. I was really taken by how fast and maneuverable he was in the water, especially compared to me.
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2006 at 09:08 AM

frank that happend to a friends boat here in morro bay on a very foggy day and he was lost at sea till the next day. now my friend joe has the boat and has rebuilt it.:coolup:
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 2-5-2006 at 10:57 AM

Frank,

The Morro Bay whale was a humpback, the santa barbara whale was a grey.. significance? dunno. We actually saw the humpback from Morro bay (we think) on the way out to the Isalnd a few days after the incident. dead, bloated floating off the coast of Channel Islands harbor. It had large wounds on its belly that looked as if it had landed on something.. Make no mistake that humpback, and the grey for that matter, knew exactly where those boats were! intentions? dunno..
Going to the Island on monday, will be looking for a bloated grey whale...
Tomas
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2006 at 11:09 AM

It happened in Santa Barbara a few years ago also.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.