Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fuel Prices for February 2006 from BajaCactus
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 10:54 PM
Fuel Prices for February 2006 from BajaCactus

I received an email tonight from Antonio, who said he is extremely busy trying to meet new Pemex demands:
===============================================================

Antonio M.
BajaCactus
"Where the Baja is so much more than a dream..."

P.S.... Could you please post the fuel prices for February for me?

-- Premium: $7.36 pesos per liter.
-- Magna: $6.23 pesos per liter.
-- Diesel: $ 5.11 pesos per liter.

Current exhange rate $10.20 pesos per dollar (more or less).

THANKS!!!

=========================================================

Okay, to expand on those figures as Antonio usually does...

Premium is US$2.73/gallon

Magna is US$2.31/gallon

Diesel is US$1.90/gallon

Today in San Diego County, the lowest prices I saw for regular ranged from $2.47 to $2.56 (Costco & Arco)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I received an email tonight from Antonio, who said he is extremely busy trying to meet new Pemex demands:

New demands from Pemex??

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 08:25 AM

Something I've wondered about is how do the Mexicans afford the cost of gas. Do they just not drive that much. Walk more or ride an animal. Or use the bus. When you consider the cost of gas it seems it would be an expensive trip for them to go anywhere, yet there are many cars and pickups on the road and streets going everywhere. Perhaps they are better off than I first thought.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2006 at 08:30 AM

Yes, I think it is monitoring sensors in the storage tanks that Pemex headquarters in Mexico City can read... via satellite or phone lines.

Maybe the dishonest stations will be caught selling more litres than they actually pump out of the storage tanks??? Wouldn't that be interesting?

You will have to let Antonio explain the details, I am only speculating here!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 10:40 AM
Update

Living in the middle of both countries, I usualy gas up were it's less expensive San Diego or Tijuana. Oh surprize that I followed the gas prices you posted and waited to fill up in Tijuana this morning and Magna is now 7.13 per liter, the guy said it went up yesterday, so 7.13 X3.79 is 27.02 mep per gallon and I exchanged USD for MEP @ 10.38 today, so ended up paying $2.60 per gallon, when in Chula Vista it is 2.48 per gallon last night. Oh well, I only put 100 pesos instead of filling up.
bajablue
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 10:58 AM
Thanks..

Thanks Antonio and DK. Your information is always appreciated..
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 03:58 PM

Diesel in San Felipe was 5.11 today.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 04:50 PM

Lou, your price matches Antonio's quote.

Ferna, something is very wrong with your number! Is Tijuana (and othe border cities) still playing match the U.S. for prices? That was back when it was cheaper in the U.S. and to keep the Mexicans from wanting to buy gas in the U.S.:?::?::?:

neilm
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 05:33 PM
Diesel's about $2.80 USD in Indio....

If I filled a couiple of barrels at Baja Cactus, could I get them back across the border? Might help pay for a trip.

Last time I was there, a local ranchero was filling a 1000-liter tote.... & I put about 4 l. in my rabbit!

IIRC, in the 70's, when US diesel jumped to about $.50; in Mexico is was still about $.20.... but then the Mexicans got to where they wouldn't let you fill gas cans, barrels, even aux. tanks.
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 2-8-2006 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Ferna, something is very wrong with your number! Is Tijuana (and othe border cities) still playing match the U.S. for prices? That was back when it was cheaper in the U.S. and to keep the Mexicans from wanting to buy gas in the U.S.:?::?::?:

Don't know, maybe Antonio knows, but in the past it has matched from his posts:?:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.