Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nomad Posters and Readers
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2003 at 10:32 PM
Nomad Posters and Readers

Nomad Posters and Readers

Every once in a while I get a kind note in my e-mail slot from someone appreciative of something I posted (more frequently I get nasty ones, but I burn them immediately and stomp them into the carpet with a vengeance). Today I got one of the friendly type and I sat while I should have been working, thinking about this short note from a reading non-poster on Nomad.

I don?t know the reader-to-writer ratio of any web page. But I do know something that is more important to me. I know how many times I have read a meaningful note from a first-time poster that says how many things they have read and at a moment in time some specific note has caused them to write one of their few posts, perhaps their first.

Not everyone has a need to send electrons into the environment. No one should feel like that?s important unless they want to and don?t, because they hang back for some unknown reason even they don?t understand.

But I sense without knowledge that there are many folks who occasionally read written words and reflect on words that they, too, would say and don?t.

Those are the folks that I would encourage to write. Tell your stories. They will be appreciated. Each of us has a unique experience and angle from which we view the events that capture our lives. Each of us have individual loves and hates that are worthy from our personal perspectives. We all have things to say. When we share them we learn about others and ourselves. We bond and integrate and build and learn to work together. We see how we are different and stand apart.

And mostly, we entertain ourselves and others, occasionally, with a story that means something to the writer. That shares an opening in the soul, the heart that leaves us defenseless and spent on a bent while writing our heart onto a screen or a small shred of paper somewhere in the late hours.

I have talked with so many folks I?ve met on the web who want to post and don?t. There are a million reasons why they don?t, and they?re all real. But if there is out there, reading tonight, and wanting to post a moment from your past or present, a single person or thousands, please do! There are many of us here waiting for your entertainment.

It is much more entertaining to read a small story from an experience in Baja and real life then there is in listening to all the ?Survivor? crap that television can serve us. Baja California and the locals and visitors who find themselves there are a far more interesting event. Life IS real. Go for it.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-4-2003 at 12:57 AM

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Please Amigos y Nomads de Baja, do post your travel stories here... short or long, photos or none, everyone will be thrilled to read your travel tale! The more the merrier!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.