Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: El Requeson '06 - Horrific ?? Part 1
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2006 at 07:11 PM
El Requeson '06 - Horrific ?? Part 1

Naw, just funnin' !

We left El Padrita in San Ignacio that morning and headed right for the panederia in Santa Rosalia. The new Port facilities construction has pushed the customary RV parking zone a few blocks farther south but still worth the walk. The panederia was well stocked as it was still mid morning. We filled our bags and ate as we walked around town. We got some fresh fruit and goodies, bought a new Telcel card then headed for El Requeson. (I'm leaving the part about getting ripped at the Pemex south of Santa Rosalia for another solo topic)

We drove past Mulege with the trailer and headed down to El Requeson. The Anicipation was buildin as we got the first glimpses of the smooth blue-green waters of the bay. Passing the turn to Playa Naranga we noted the new "everything is for sale" signs at the turnout. Santispec was wall to wall, every spot was taken all over the bay !
Not really, it just looked a lot different than it did 10 years or more ago.

We finally caiught site of El Requeson and got the same "coming home" gitters as always. Will we get a good spot ? There was a small caravan and a surprising number of month-or-more campers along with the usual number of passers through. We love to be the farthest camp out towards the island and there it was, our spot was open !
We pulled the F350 and the 24' trailer right out past the guy who thought he was as far out as he wanted to be; not I !

We had such a nice spot and at least 15' of dry sand each side of our camp at high tides; no problem.

Here starts the funner parts;
The friendly guy two camps down has an aluminum boat on his pick-up and I, feeling the young stud in me, looks at the friendly camper and sees him as older than the young and still studly me. Me thinks my young studly self should help the older looking guy take down his boat. WRONG. After we got the boat onto the beach and my back had notified me of my impending pain, I found that the friendly old camper was exactly my age, I'm not so studly nor so young and 50 is about time to get a boat loader. Good thing I'm on vacation and had planned to lay around half the time anyway.

Let me jump ahead 8 days to the day we arrive and unpack at La Ventana. I have been nursing my back for a week now and the unpacking/setting-up has made it worse. I tell my wife that what I really need is my accu-pressure expert from back home. I decide to lay up for the day and she leaves for a walk down the beach with the kids.......... she returns a few hours later and relates that she ran into an aquaintence from home and when she mentioned my condition, the girl informed my wife that my accu-pressurist from back home was actually arriving that day for a vacation !!!!
She arrived, she was awsome, my back was much better, life was good. THIS is the kind of thing that always seems to happen to me in Baja ! Ya gotta love it !!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-24-2006 at 07:30 PM

the girl informed my wife that my accu-pressurist from back home was actually arriving that day for a vacation !!!!
She arrived, she was awesome, my back was much better

what luck you have .

Baja never ceases to amaze me

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2006 at 08:13 PM

Will she still be there the 2nd. wk. of March? :( :biggrin:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2006 at 09:20 PM

Sorry Debra she'll be home by then.
If you get to La Ventana stop in at Windsurfing La Ventana Band B.
They have a massage room and 2 or 3 good people working there.

Casa Verde next door also offers yoga and massage. Very nice new place with very reasonable prices.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 05:56 AM

Diver! You should have mentioned something about your back at our dinner. Or did that happen afterwards? Felipa is an accomplished accu-pressurist and makes me grimace with pain lots of times while pressure-pointing and grinding out those knots in my back, neck, and shoulders.

Sometimes she just does it without me asking...like when coming home late for dinner. It would have been great fun to watch you getting the same treatment! I will get out the straps to hold you down for the next trip....hmmm. Keep writing, this is a great read.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 06:10 AM

oooooh, straps and pain; now your talking my language !
I knew Felipa had many hidden talents - a very cool lady !

Can I use my bad back and a few painkillers as an excuse for my miserable pool playing ??
I held a chunk of concrete over Isabel's head yesterday and asked her what this reminded her of ? Zack chimed in "pool table!" You are too funny !

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.