BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Escalera Nautica
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 08:55 AM
Escalera Nautica

Where does this stand and in the opinion of Baja Nomads where is this concept going? Will it have a negative impact in the long run? Will Baja turn in to an extension of Southern Caleefornia? Probably not in my lifetime but most certainly a distinct possibility eventually.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 10:29 AM

Here we go AGAIN! :P:o:smug:
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by awfulart
Where does this stand and in the opinion of Baja Nomads where is this concept going? Will it have a negative impact in the long run? Will Baja turn in to an extension of Southern Caleefornia? Probably not in my lifetime but most certainly a distinct possibility eventually.

I believe the Grand Headquarters of the Escalara is at Puerto Escondido south of Loreto. They have refurbished a building for their office, bought a fleet of F-150 pickups, painted with their (Singlar, a Fonatur offspring) colors and logos, and bought some new pangas.

At Escondido, they (Singlar) have taken over management. They raised the parking fee from 50 to 66 pesos. Launching is 100 pesos, I believe. They are building a new building, rumored to be boat storage. The green "Pemex" sign on the as yet to open station was gone a few days ago. The pier was resurfaced, but crumbling support pilings were mostly overlooked.

And there have been improvements in some roads near Santa Rosalallita and Bahia de Los Angeles.

I think the original plan, to lure 50,000 boaters from the USA, is going to fail. The trip is too ambitious, possibly too dangerous, for the majority of boaters.

I think what's really going to happen is an effort to improve facilities at existing and possibly new anchorages/harbors/marinas to create resort orientated marinas, largely populated with resident boats, and with restaurants, hotels, golf, and all that jazz. Like the marina and surrounding area at Cabo San Lucas.

In any event, with or without the Escalara the peninsula will become more like California. But isn't everywhere else, too?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 12:24 PM

Hey Don: No!Right now in this Great State of Texas in the Panhandle it is Snowing Ice Pellets, now the Sun is starting to come out!
Looking out over the Plains at all the animals, all the Clean air is Great;
Not much traffic unless I go toTown{10 miles).

Only thing there is no beach unless you go to South Texas where all the Gray heads Go.
I spent many years on the West coast and finally realized that it is just too crowded. But to each his on.!!
Skeet/Loreto
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 06:55 AM

Skeet (Nomads very own Roy Rodgers!)

Baja & Florida Key weather much nicer. Wanna swap or buy my house on Ramrod Key....25 miles from Key West...listed at 699,999 very flexible, market soft. Great investment opportunity.

Any interested parties? You know how to get me..

Viva Baja! Capt George

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
chino
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 04:47 PM

The breakwater and road paving is happening again at Punta Santa Rosalallita, 1hour north of GRO. NEG, the surfrider etc group had last reported through the surf mags that this project was stopped, but it's moving along as of Jan 06'
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:08 AM

Someone is planning on this project's success as down here in La Paz a new marina, hotel, etc. opened last year, another is being dredged out to open next, and designs are approved for at least one more (and two golf courses). Paraiso del Mar (the Magote) intends to have a marina, two golf courses, another course out at Tecolote. Also word of a residential development at Balandra.
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 08:23 AM

How about all the posts and electrical work from Tortugas to Punta Abreojos?

What's that about? For the poor folks of Punta Prieta, San Hippolito, Bocana and P.A. I doubt it, a huge investment...Maybe Escalera Nautica??

Who knows? We can only wait and see.. Capt. George

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 09:49 AM

Jack Swords: Is there any action on the property right above the Hotel marina? Suppose to be some $200,000 Dollar Homes and Sites going in, by now maybe doubled.

Skeet
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 10:54 AM

Skeet

remember us speaking of La Ventana...beach lots now 300K & up..

were 40K when I was there last????????

<:)>>>< Capt Courageous

Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 11:49 AM

Skeet: Friend bought a lot above La Concha Hotel last year. No building yet, awaiting infrastructure (water, elect.). Lots for sale above new marina Costa de Baja which is North (towards Tecolote) of La Concha. Also lots for sale on the Magote (and, if you can believe it, selling) for starting at $200,000. Local smaller homes (new) are $100 - $120,000. Above Palmira (Marina Hotel) there are many new homes and lots for sale, don't know price. Further back without a view down towards the marina are many more homes. Still, La Paz has the feel of a smaller town and the local folks are friendly as always.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 12:30 PM

Thanks Jack: I knew that it would go someday. I like La Paz Also. good town.
Skeet
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 07:32 AM
Escalera Nautica

Interesting article in Surfer Magazine. Take a look. I am not a surfer but do have concerns about the investigation, planning and engineering done on projects of this type.

I have no idea about the accuracy of the article. But to me it made sense that a head long rush to development is not the answer.

http://surfermag.com/features/oneworld/sergintrvu/index.html

movinguy
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 09:50 PM

By the time they finish the road to BOLA it will be 2020 - but the development is inevitable. Take more trips now and enjoy it . . .:cool:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.