Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Guerrero Negro Immigration Open
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 07:26 PM
Guerrero Negro Immigration Open

Guerrero Negro Immigration Office is open...

The guy told me 7-4pm m-f

Checking for visas...

I kinda think he recognized me...i've been thru there a wlole bunch of times this year and always have the red trailer:lol:
He didn't make me dig out my fm3:saint:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 09:10 PM

Last time down to ABREOJOS for me I went there ...got paperwork....went to town ...paid for visa.....the whole bit....on the way back the "office " was closed...and everybody could just drive on past....I knew then I had been scammed paying that fee.....now know just to not plan on going by during "working" hours.....:lol:
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2006 at 09:20 PM

Say hi to the nice lady that takes new visa applications in the building on the west side of the road; she is pregnant ! I've done my application with her mid morning two of the past three years.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 12:43 AM

Have they stopped taking care of that at the trailer at the crossing? I have a "newbie" with me this time and his birth cert. hasn't showed up yet, we are leaving the 1st. I figured it would be easier to get his FMT at GN, they were so lack about paper work last time, I saw them not even asking for an ID, just collecting money "wala" instant legal visitor :o
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 02:03 AM
A lot can happen between the Border and Guerrero Negro

I was suprised when they began issusing tourist cards at GN and even more surprised to hear that people were using GN as their port- of- entry for Mexican immigration documents.
It's a big stretch between the border and GN and a whole lot could happen.

To ward off any bad juju, we never go past the border without having a current FMT. It's a nuisance, but not that hard to do when you consider all the "what if's ??"

An accident, for example. Seems like the topic of ones' immigration status could come up - especially if injuries are involved and serious stuff like liability, restitution and jail are being tossed around by the authorities.

Another reason we always have tourist cards no matter where we are on the Peninsula is in case we need to be airlifted (Med-evac'd) back to the US for emergency medical treatment. Any delay in being transported due to an immigration snafu could cost you your life.

My husband and I are safety-conscious geeks. We've got a camper stocked like a MASH unit, a satellite phone to call from anywhere in Baja, and Travel-medical/Evacuation insurance, for starters. We'd never forgive ourselves if one of us suffered because of redtape due to lack of immigration papers.

We've been asked to show our tourist cards in some unusual situations before and came away saying "Whew, glad we had those." (such as impromptu back county roadblocks manned by black-tshirt PJF guys).

There are plenty of hazards in Baja no matter how well you prepare (mechanical breakdowns, snake bites, huge waves on the horizon). Having our FMT's when we enter Mexico is something we can control.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 06:27 AM

the office was closed for awhile...now open again...

oladulce is correct about accidents...

why doesn't someone you live next to me...
just in case:lol:

our website is:
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 07:45 AM

We used to for years stop at Ensenada near the marina to get our FM3 stamp for entering. In November when we stopped by, the "angry looking" Immigration officer said, "you must go back to Tijuana to get your FM3 stamped. We don't do it here"!??????????????? Anyone else have this experience lately at Ensenada?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 07:48 AM

I asked about that in Santa Rosalia...

They don't need to stamp it all the time anymore.

Only on renewal

our website is:
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 08:22 AM
Ensenada...

Phil..
The guy in Ensenada has always given us problems with the FM-3 stamp:no:
The last two years, I have have stopped at the GN office heading North, and they have always stamped my FM-3 "exit" page with no questions:tumble:
It saves alot problems when crossong the border at Tecate.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 08:33 AM

I've never had them ask for anything more than proof of citizenship at the border. I show my drivers licnese and birth certif - they have never asked for my passport. They have never asked for my visa when returning through the border.
With changes in address, drivers license numbers, etc., I'm pretty sure they can't track temorary tourist visas. I don't see anything that would stop someone from repeating the tourist visa application at GN more than once. Am I missing something ?
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 08:40 AM

I have never had to have my FM-3 stamped. They say I don't need to.

Side story- last month the lady at GN lost a page out of my FM-3. Made me go to Santa Rosalia only to find it two hours later on her desk and have me come back the next day to get it.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 09:11 AM

If there's a chance you might not be in you're Baja home area at renewal time for your FM2/3, you should get it stamped on leaving - sometimes takes a little talking to get it done but you will avoid late penalties on renewal if it's stamped that you were out of Mex on renewal date.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2006 at 10:02 AM

After my first experience having our FM3s stamped at Ensenada, we neglected to stop at the border and were sevierly repremended by the agent at Ensenada. It became obvious to me that the gentelman wanted to "help" us. We were shortly on our way.... Now when the FM3s are presented and opned, there's a frendly smile and a stamp. Last time was late Dec.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.