Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: san felipe in march
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 11:33 AM
san felipe in march

I understand that spring break and the s/f 250 race is going on in march down in san felipe does any one have the dates , i want to go there in march but want to miss the crowds , app any help thanks jim g;;:spingrin:
The Wonderer
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 11:50 AM

The race is March 10-11. Don't know when Spring break is.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 11:51 AM

Spring break probably is end of March and April till right after Easter.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2006 at 01:08 PM

At the current time there will be no organized spring break in San Felipe. SWAT tours, the outfit that used to bring all those half naked kids to town, has decided to take them elsewhere. Something to do with the cost of hotel rooms.
For the 250 and the week prior you won't be able to go anywhere around San Felipe without running into drunk motorheads. Spring break action is all in town so any location out of town will be relatively calm.
Semana Santa in April is when you don't want to be in town. Half of Mexicali is camping on the Malecon. Even the locals don't go downtown if they don't have to.
burro bob
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 08:21 AM

Jim come on down for the race and have fun. Head for contingency on the Melecon, starts at 10am till 6pm and view all the latest in off road vehicle design. There arn't any rooms available unless you get very lucky, so plan to camp. The resturants will be full in the evenings so plan on an early dinner. One possible exception is that the drivers/riders meeting is at 7pm so that would be an openning. Last year we camped at race mile 18 which was accessed off hwy 5 at km168 across from El Moreno. Some really good action. There was a couple of dips and if the drivers didn't hit it right they landed on their nose. One Trophy Truck rolled it, no one hurt. After the race you can make a leisurely drive down by Gonzaga Bay to Cocos and up hwy 1 back to the border.
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 01:25 PM

I may do that TW i can sleep in the cherokee and get a shower on the malecon have to find out when my son get's back from cabo, i,ve got the grand kid and mexico is not ready for them jim
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 06:54 PM

Looks like I'll be doing a motorcycle pit in Matomi wash about 10 miles before it hits the hwy. So we'll head out there Friday night to camp, accessing it on last years 1000 course thru the cactus garden. I usually take a shower at Petes camp, cost $1, next to the resturant and bar.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:12 PM

Well, Tom Pete's went up to $2 for a shower - but still a bargin after a dusty trail ride.

By cactus garden, I expect you mean the San Fermin plain - takes off of the road to Azufre Wash?

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:24 PM

Right Lou, that's it. Well, I guess I'll just have to run the shower longer. No your right it's a bargain.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2006 at 07:47 PM

I'll see you at contigency if not before - I usually spend 6-8 hours there.

No Bad Days

burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 10:33 AM

I started seeing signs yesterday about a Tequila Festival on the 16, 17, 18 of March here in San Felipe.
So if you need an excuse to drink more tequila...
burro bob
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2006 at 05:47 PM

Burro Bob, where is the tequila fest being held? I might be down there that weekend.
Ted

burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2006 at 10:48 AM

Ted
Looks like it will be on the Malecon. The flyier I am looking at says there is a $5 US cover. Don't know what that gets you. I haven't talked to anyone that knows any more than what is on the signs.
burro bob

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.