Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 108X
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 03:38 PM
108X

We are leaving tomorrow for San Felipe. I've decided to give up the quad and make the jump to 2 wheels. Some friends of mine from Mexicali put together a race team and invited me to join. We wiill be racing a KTM 450 in Class 21. Our race # is 108X and I'll be doing the section from RM130-RM200. Chanante and Matomi washes. I want to give a big thanks to Baja Lou and TW for always supporting and helping me in these races. Again this year they are both right there for me. If you see us go by or before/after the race stop by and say hello. Paul
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 03:49 PM

2 wheels sure beats those Baja rascals.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 07:37 AM

Good luck Paul. We plan on being in SF around 1-2pm Friday. Maybe earlier if we can. Will call on the radio, Marine 74, to set a meeting time and place. Lou if you hear us give us a shout.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 07:41 AM

I'll be somewhere around the Malecon for most of the afternoon - about 11a onward and will have a handheld so I'll be looking for both of you.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 08:34 AM

Leaving about 1 pm thursday....petes camp tonight and downtown Friday morning...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 08:58 AM

Good luck and good fun to you Paul!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2006 at 06:07 PM

Jim if you see a white Toyota with a Honda MC in the back honk or say hello. We'll have 108X on the windows.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2006 at 09:59 PM

Well, the KTM team riding the 108x got through contingency and tech and were all hyped up and ready to WIN tomorrow - good luck and good riding--

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2006 at 08:50 PM

Finished 5th in class - all riders safe - kind of wet but happy -- Con gratulations on a great ride Paul
:O

No Bad Days

PJC
Super Nomad

Mood: Right

[*] posted on 3-12-2006 at 12:52 AM

Congrats Paul!

Here is the class breakdown:

CLASS 21 (126cc to 250cc)?

1. Kenneth Lopez, Tijuana, Mexico/Roberto Villalobos, Tecate, Mexico, Yamaha YZF450F, 5:33:29 (43.24mph);

2. Martin Bejarano, Yuma, Ariz./Dayton Raper, Honda CRF450R, 5:52:07;

3. Ernesto Inowe/Victor Gomez, Ensenada, Mexico, Yamaha YZ250, 5:56:52;

4. Shaun Hanson, Murrieta, Calif./Jim McKay, Hemet, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 6:08:49;

5. Octavio Ascolani/Alfredo Ascolani, Calexico, Calif., KTM 450XC, 6:16:52;

6. Chris Parker, Newport Beach, Calif./Tim Bina, Laguna Niguel, Calif., Honda CRF450X, 6:22:09;

7. David Gonzalez Jr./Juan Villasenor, Chula Vista, Calif., Yamaha YZ250, 6:30:54;

8. Brett Helms, Valley Center, Calif./Jim Rawlins, Escondido, Calif., Yamaha YZ250, 6:59:01;

9. Kevin Johnson, Vista, Calif./Jerry Parsons, Boulder City, Nev., Honda CRF450X, 9:52:18
(10 Starters, 9 Finishers)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2006 at 01:34 PM

Congratulations Paul and team 108X. Can't wait to hear the race report. 9 out of 10 to finish is good. I hope no one was seriously hurt on any team. Looks like the 450 4 stroke had a good outing in this class.
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 09:34 AM

We had a good race though we lost around 15 minutes at race mile 3 due to a seat problem. The seat came off and had to be duct taped until the bike came to me at RM130. We had another seat and screws to fix the seat correctly at my pit. So, we got passed by everyone first thing and had to play catch up all day.
I had a very good ride from RM 130-200 going through the rough sections of chanante and matomi washes. The whoops were even bigger then when we did the pre-runs. The weather was cold and raining until I was about 1/2 way through matomi it turned sunny again. The rain was stinging my lips like bb shot. There were mud puddles and slippery mud. I handed the bike off and Alfredo made good time to the finish. I think we had excellent recovery time from the time lost at the beginning of the race. Alfredo made it to the finish line going the last 18 miles on a flat tire. We finished 5th in our class, 89th overall, our time was 6:16.
We are all very excited and looking forward to racing in the Baja 500. Paul

[Edited on 3-16-2006 by tunaeater]
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2006 at 09:51 AM

Are you racing the Code San Felipe race next month?

No Bad Days

tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 10:23 PM

No Lou,
I don't think so. I can't get that weekend off from work. I'll have to wait until the Baja 500..

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.