Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Villas de Loreto
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 03:59 AM

So if you are paying over $100 a night to stay somewhere in Baja, why complain that a bottle of water costs $1.50. That is miniscule. Gimme a beer!
Bob H
marla
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 04:55 PM

Ron and Wendy were gone the entire time I was there. I emailed Wendy when I got back and she's the one who replied you can't please all the people all the time. And if I am not charged for water when I stay at an $11 a night room in Chiapas, I should not be charged for water at a $130 a night room in Loreto! Despite this I really love Loreto and am looking forward to going back! Now I have to figure out how I can move there....

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. Henry David Thoreau
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 04:59 PM

you better stay on the north side of the wash:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 05:32 PM

Do you think it's possible that you weren't given free water because the water is potable and safe? There are plenty of hotels in Mexico that do not provide "free" water including the Best Western de Cortes in Mexico City. They have their own filter. I've stayed in plenty of hotels all over Mexico from the $9 to the $130 range...there was no consistency in providing water.

Best "free" water experience I've had was the over $200 a night Napa hotel that had bottles of Fiji water sitting on the counter over the mini-bar...if you didn't read the small print on the room price list, you'd get charged $8 a bottle...small bottle...not a misprint!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 07:12 PM

"Anti-Smoking N-zis" i'm still laughing and have read it a couple of times...

They did run a tight ship:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 3-17-2006 at 09:51 PM

We should have an instant death penalty for those that choose to smoke.....why not...save all of us tax payers some money when they start to have failing health and spend fortunes trying to slow it.....

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tim40
We should have an instant death penalty for those that choose to smoke.....why not...save all of us tax payers some money when they start to have failing health and spend fortunes trying to slow it.....

Sooo...your health will NEVER fail? Congratulations, Immortal One!

I sometimes think cigarette packs should have a warning label saying something like:

Warning: Quitting smoking can turn you into a N-zi.

:lol:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 09:13 AM
SMOKERS!! UNITED WE STAND....COUGHING, WE FALL...

I love the smell of a good cigar....or I used to.

Interesting anecodote about Cuban cigars:

Some time back, just after the US embargo against Communist Cuba, the superb cigars from Fidel's island were prohibited in the US...this was SERIOUS business at the time.
So...at a posh Washington, DC c-cktail party a high-ranking Naval admiral was seen smoking a Cuban cigar. A young cub-reporter questioned the Admiral's choice of Fidel's cigars when he knew they were forbidden. "Son.", the admiral said, 'I prefer to think of it as burning his crops to the ground!"

HISTORY: Smoking was already under attack in Royal circles by the start of the 17th Century.

What is thought to be the first anti-smoking message dates back to 1604, when Scotland's King James VI, penned a scathing rant entitled "A Counterblaste to Tobacco".

He wrote: "A custom loathsome to the eye, hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, dangerous to the lungs, and in the black, stinking fume thereof, nearest resembling the horrible Stygian smoke of the pit that is bottomless." Perhaps his words are now having an effect, 400 years on.

I personally quit smoking cigars on May 4, 1990 at 2:38 p.m.....sigh. Hey, is that a Montecristo I smell?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 12:06 PM

Wasn't John Kennedy's favorites from the island? Irony?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 3-20-2006 at 11:50 AM

tobacco is my favorite vegetable................:wow:

Hey Marla.......they were filling those $1.50 water bottles with a hose out back......i think it was from hose "A"..........
now, have a glass of guadalupe "whine" and relax...............:smug:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2006 at 09:46 AM

We are sorry to hear of the demise of Villas de Loreto as a hotel. We had many good times there over the years. We stayed there on our honeymoon in October 1999 caught some fish and fed the whole place. We did not mind that the owners had chosen to make it non-smoking.

Hasta luego!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.