BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chamber of Commerce
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 08:41 AM
Chamber of Commerce

Is there any kind of Chamber of Commerce or Tourist Bureau in Baja Sur. From some of the remarks I have seen on this board it does not sound like there is any organization standing up for the tourists and others living in Baja.

I realize it is Mexico and certainly a different environment from other touris oriented areas but tourism is a very large source of revenue for the Mexican economy. You'd think that someone would pay more attention

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 06:44 PM

Los Cabos Tourism Board - Cabo San Lucas Tourism Office

Los Cabos Tourism Trust (FITURCA)
Fideicomiso de Turismo de Los Cabos
Sr. Ruben Sanchez, Executive Director
Gobierno del Estado de Baja California Sur, Mexico
Lazaro Card##as Edificio Posada, s/n, Colonia el Medano
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, CP 23410 Mexico

Telephone: (624) 143-4777 (from USA and Canada dial 011-52 first)

Official Web site: www.visitloscabos.org

Comments can be made to the Los Cabos Tourism Board website "contact us" option

Los Cabos Tourism Board - United States Office

USA Toll Free: 1-866 LOS CABOS - (866) 567-2226

This phone number is answered by a recorded message asking that callers leave their address for mailing of information on Los Cabos or leave a message if they have a more detailed issue.

Official Web site: www.visitloscabos.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Cabos Tourism Office - Secretar?a Municipal de Turismo
Director: Lic. Jose Manuel Gonzalez Arreola

If you have comments, complaints, suggestions or need help from our city government,
please let us know.

Location: Blvd. Mauricio Castro s/n, Plaza San Jos?, Locales 3 y 4
San Jos? del Cabo. Baja California Sur, C.P. 23400 M?xico.

Tel(s): (624) 146-9628 | E-mail: turismoloscabos@prodigy.net.mx

http://www.loscabos.gob.mx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Secretar?a de Turismo de Baja California Sur
Departamento de Auxilio Turistico

Sr. Adolfo Gonzalez Garcia
Jefe del departamento de Auxilio Turistico

Phone: 01 (612) 124 - 0100 to 03
Fax: 01 (612) 124 - 0722

E-mail: turismo@gbcs.gob.mx

La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Km 51/2 Carretera al Norte Edificio Fidepa2
Apartado Postal # 419 CP. 23090

Ministry of Tourism
Tourism Help Department - La Paz

La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico

Fax: (612) 124 - 0768 (From Mexico)
Fax: 01 (612) 124 - 0722 (From USA)

Phone: 01 (612) 124 - 0100 to 03

E-mail: turismo@gbcs.gob.mx

La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Km 51/2 Carretera al Norte Edificio Fidepa2
Apartado Postal # 419 CP. 23090

Asociaci?n de Hoteles de Los Cabos
Lic. Alberto Coppel, Presidente

Fonatur - Fondo Nacional de Fomento al Turismo

MISSION - ?To take part in the consolidation of the country?s sustainable development through the promotion of the nation?s tourism industry?.

VISION - ?As a federal government agency, to serve as a leading institution in promoting the development of diversified tourism projects that are in keeping with global trends, by relying on a business structure that encourages private investment in projects that spur regional development, thus securing economic and social gains for those regions, by facilitating funding and credit, and by adopting an active and hands-on approach in areas where assured recovery will help lead to self-sufficiency and generate resources, as well as strengthen the institution?s role as a financial instrument within the tourism sector?.
Fondo Nacional de Fomento al Turismo
Tecoyotitla No. 100, Col. Florida C.P. 01030 M?xico D.F.
Tel.: 50 - 90 - 42 - 00

COMPTROLLER?S OFFICE: COMPLAINTS AND REPORTS
http://www.fonatur.gob.mx/_ingles/indexmis.html
This page opens to their "About Us" page. Click on "Contact Us" on the left side of the page - At the bottom of the page there is a link to the Comptroller's Office: Complaints and Reports. This form is in Spanish.

www.fonatur.gob.mx

Profeco - (Procuradur?a Federal del Consumidor)

How to file a complaint with Profeco

Attention to Foreigners

Profeco is committed to always provide the best service. We extend our protection to the people who do not live in Mexico and acquire any product or service from a Mexican supplier and are not satisfied with the good or service.

More details about how to file a complaint with Profeco.

For further information you can contact us at the following numbers:
(52) 55-68-87-22 (phone); (+52) 55 5211-2052 (fax), or E-mail: extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx
If you speak Spanish or know someone who does, look up Profeco's web site at:
http://www.profeco.gob.mx/html/consumidor/denuncias.htm

SECTUR - Secretar?a de Turismo de M?xico
Making tourism a national priority is one of the fundamental axes of the new tourist policy laid down in the National Tourism Program 2001 ? 2006. One of the main purposes of the program is to consolidate the production and dissemination of information to strengthen the sector.

The information is more than important to our tourist work, it is indispensable, and we can use it to provide a solid basis for the decision-making process. We place at your disposal information that we have compiled from a number of recently conducted surveys and research exercises. Additional information will soon be available on our Secretar?a de Turismo web site.

I N F O T U R ?.. It is a privilege to help you ?..
The Ministry of Tourism, through INFOTUR, part of the Tourist Services Division, provides free information to Mexican and foreign tourists, including co-nationals, about tourist destinations, attractions and services.

You may contact us by telephone, mail and e-mail, or visit our tourist information office, where we will also be happy to assist you in finding lodging.

http://www.sectur.gob.mx/wb2/secturing/sect_1052_tourism_inf...

You may write to us at:
MINISTRY OF TOURISM - INFOTUR
Av. Presidente Masaryk 172, ground floor, Chapultepec Morales, Miguel Hidalgo,
Mexico City, M?xico D. F.
Telephone: 30 02 63 00 Ext. 1151.

Or contact us by e-mail at: correspondencia@sectur.gob.mx

Source:
http://www.loscabosguide.com/loscabostourism.htm

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 3-19-2006 at 08:27 AM

Thank you for the information. I have no issues to raise as I have always been treated well while in Mexico. However, recently there was more than one post on the attitude of someone at the Government office in Ensenada that issues Tourist Pemits. I believe they were sent back to Tijuana to get the permit. Since there was more than one post on the subject I wonder if in fact it was a valid complaint. I realize that an "Attitude" can influence how you are treated and that may have been the problem. In any case it is nice to know there is help out there if one needs it. Of course, some Americanos could be beyond help and will always have problems.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-19-2006 at 01:24 PM

Hey Art,

Tijuana and Ensenada aren't in "Baja Sur"....

;)

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.