Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Just back!
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 01:15 PM
Just back!

Just returned from what was to be a three week trip to Baja and it ended up to be a two and a half month trip. I traveled by myself and and had know idea that things would turn out the way they did! Most of my stay was in San Ignacio where I found work so was able to stay for and extented time. While there I felt my spirit soar with my new surroundings and felt such contentment that it amazed me that life could feel this good! Every chance there was to explore the surroundings I would be out backpacking, hiking, driving out to deserted beaches, kayaking and meeting new people. My world shunk to the simple life that I think we all long for. My trip to see the whales was the greatest, first the dolphins came to ride the wake of the boat as the gray whales were giving us show of thier own. A Mama whale came to the boat and we all petted, hug her and kissed her , her baby was close by still a little to young for Mom to feel comfotable about letting him come up to the boats. The guides said that the whales are returning in record numbers this year. I stayed by the river and in the night the horses would come in to the camping area to eat the dates that fell from the trees while being harvested and I would listen to the music off in the distance and drift off to sleep again. The mournings were awsome as a light fog was lifting of the surface of the water and the birds were making splashes as they were diving for thier food. It was the best time, even magical. Now I know more than ever why people fall in love with this land! More later. back soon, Bajame.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 01:53 PM

Aaaiiieee Sherry -

I'm so pleased for you! This trip unfolded for you in such a truly magical fashion. Thanks for sharing some of the details here, and please tell us more stories when you have the time.

And, ah, amiga... next time you send me an email asking if I am interested in a quick trip South... and I say "sorry, can't do that just now, got commitments"... please please please remind me that the correct answer is "yes, thank you, when do we leave?!" ;);):biggrin:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2006 at 03:39 PM

It was a pleasure meeting you in San Ignacio. I knew that you would have a terrific time with those people.
Baja Magic at its best.

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 3-19-2006 at 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajame
Just returned from what was to be a three week trip to Baja and it ended up to be a two and a half month trip. I traveled by myself and and had know idea that things would turn out the way they did! Most of my stay was in San Ignacio where I found work so was able to stay for and extented time. While there I felt my spirit soar with my new surroundings and felt such contentment that it amazed me that life could feel this good! Every chance there was to explore the surroundings I would be out backpacking, hiking, driving out to deserted beaches, kayaking and meeting new people. My world shunk to the simple life that I think we all long for. My trip to see the whales was the greatest, first the dolphins came to ride the wake of the boat as the gray whales were giving us show of thier own. A Mama whale came to the boat and we all petted, hug her and kissed her , her baby was close by still a little to young for Mom to feel comfotable about letting him come up to the boats. The guides said that the whales are returning in record numbers this year. I stayed by the river and in the night the horses would come in to the camping area to eat the dates that fell from the trees while being harvested and I would listen to the music off in the distance and drift off to sleep again. The mournings were awsome as a light fog was lifting of the surface of the water and the birds were making splashes as they were diving for thier food. It was the best time, even magical. Now I know more than ever why people fall in love with this land! More later. back soon, Bajame.

You are one adventurous person and I admire you!
Sort of jealous too. So glad a great time!:biggrin:

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2006 at 07:15 AM

Glad you got to sstop by and enjoy the Turkey Feast with us on Dec 31st. It was a pleasure to mee you. Come back again. And it sounds like a wonderful trip.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 3-19-2006 at 12:11 PM

Thanks Lou! It was a great feast! Good to meet up with nomads that were there. Meme, David K, Baja Angel, George and that burro that stole the hearts of all!

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
kcabo

[*] posted on 3-24-2006 at 05:13 AM

What a wonderful trip. Did you do this on your own? I'm always looking for BCS traveling partners, but live in Washington State, so coordinating time and travel could be a little comlicated. Isn't it awesome, though? I drove the whole penninsula to from Wa to Cabo and back in a month. Bahia de Concepcion was magical. San Pedrito was awesome. I'm sure it's all changed in 4 years.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.