Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FIGHT NICE!!!
M
Nomad

Mood: looking for joy...

[*] posted on 11-9-2003 at 05:50 PM
FIGHT NICE!!!

Hi folks,
I've been off-line for 4 days and I come back on and my e-mail is loaded with complaints. Can't you folk(s) fight nice???
let me introduce you all to a word. RESPECT!
I admit, I have been on my soap box a few times and I am going to try to take MY OWN advice. Please! you all know whoms I speak; and I'm not talking about just one or two people. Lets remember basic POLITNESS on the board ( and keep the back stabbing bulls**t in private e-mails). Big hugs, M
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 07:55 AM

With all due respect, this comment does NOT sound like it has been made by someone who has the maturity to be moderating anything except possibly a kindergarten squabble.

M here. When dealing with chidrens mentality, it is necessary to speak in a launguage that will be understood. Luckily, this is avery few. M

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by M]
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 09:11 AM
Common Sense

Anon, Brilliant! You have great resource to pull out of a hat. Thank you. M

Today we mourn the passing of an old friend, named Common Sense, who lived a long life, but died in the United States from heart failure on the brink of the new millennium. No one really knows how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools, hospitals, homes, factories, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.
For decades, petty rules, silly laws, and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, and that life isn't always fair.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it 's okay to come in second. A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including body piercing, whole language, and "new math." But his health declined when he became infected with the "if-it-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus.
In recent decades his waning strength proved no match for the savages of well intentioned but overbearing regulations. He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero-tolerance policies.
Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, a teen suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student only worsened his condition. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but could not inform the parent when a female student was pregnant or wanted an abortion.

M
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 09:57 AM
My moderating

I have been very diplomatic and tolerant of peoples opinions, even when they have seemed rude and mean. This post is in regard to the childish taunting that is going on. It is a request that people be nice since the concept at times seems to have degenerated. I suspect those that have snide comments about my message are some of the contributers. (not all, I'm sure, just to be fair). My message is very simple. BE NICE. PLEASE. I would love to post some of the e-mails I get, but could never betray the authors. Have a good one and just try it. Thank you muchly. M
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 10:00 AM

Great Atricle. I however must disagree that Common Senxe is Dead.
I have been checking out the Schools in my community and have noticed a change back to Cpommon Sense. I attend church with a Supt.. vice Supt. several teachers. There movement toward the retun of common senxe is making inroads into the "If it feels Good Do it " crowd.
that iis what we all need to do. Make ourselves known to our Teachers and Principles.
Today in the Local Elem. schools are honoring the Veterans with Flags, Songs and "Under God" Pledges. Great times !!!
Skeet
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 10:12 AM

M - I tried to write something supportive in u2u?

Nomigos - IMHO.... As humans we each have uniqueness - some of it helpful, some not so. If we were perfect we'd be God. Since perfection will probably not arrive for most of us in this lifetime, let's at least be kind on a regular basis. Being kind does not mean we cannot disagree; it does mean not sending email designed to hurt the feelings of another.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 10:33 AM

Natalie:Thank you for your words. Was I offensive when I said"The Farmer Hauled andother Load Away"?
I strongly agree that we must Control our Passions and keep our Desires with due Bounds"
Are you really from Berkerly?
I 100% agree with the quote by Trent Lott. I think that will be the only way to save lives, just as Harry Truman did many years ago.Skeet/Loreto
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 10:33 AM
Well said Nataie and Skeet

Thank you. Great comments.
P.S Natalie, thank you for your U2. Meant a lot to me.

M
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
M - I tried to write something supportive in u2u?

I am gratefull for your support and am doing the best I can to get this board to what it once was. BAJA.

Nomigos - IMHO.... As humans we each have uniqueness - some of it helpful, some not so. If we were perfect we'd be God. Since perfection will probably not arrive for most of us in this lifetime, let's at least be kind on a regular basis. Being kind does not mean we cannot disagree; it does mean not sending email designed to hurt the feelings of another.
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 10:57 AM

Skeet - Certainly you were not offensive; never known you to be! I was referring to M's original post regarding nasty email she's receiving. Doesn't seem to me "a good thing".

And, yes, I am from Berkeley for the last 24 years; before that farmland in both northern and southern Illinois. I'd love to show you and your loved one(s) the beauty of Berkeley if ever you're inclined to make the trip. Even have a spare bedroom to offer.

We might, however, have to temper our political exchanges.... you see, I tagged that Trent Lott quote as a sad, sad statement of "our" caring for the people of Iraq, most of whom are just people like you and me and do not deserve to be "mowed down". But don't judge me merely on that. I too be a good American. Have contributed our only son to California Highway Patrol, work he has loved and shared with us for many years now. Also lost my dad, a WWII vet, when I was young. I vote in every election and try not to be judgemental of my fellow wo/man. I work and pray for whatever is best for all - tis not mine to decide what should be so I offer that prayer up to God/Goddess/All THat Is. Peace be with you and yours, Skeet - and keep the good posts coming PLEASE.:bounce:

.....Oscar Wilde
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 11:20 AM
Schools

That's the Natalie I am getting to know !
Skeet, I am curious as to the size of the elementary school classes up there. It has been my experience that the more rural areas are able to provide a much better education because of class size and personal assistance when needed.
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to apply to the majority of students. Do you think that all schools are changing as the Dos Palos schools are ?
I personally have no idea but hopefully, the city school systems aren't the conveyer belt of a system it was when I was going to school.
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 11:39 AM
Back to this thread, sorry M

I find it interesting that the posts that have the word "fight" or any arguments going on get the most responses. On every board it seems.
In spite of me instigating some if not many of these "fights", I was looking around on some other boards this weekend to see what goes on.
First thing I see is a nasty argument going on on another board. Then another.
And heck by golly, I didn't have a thing to do with them. Maybe it's just our nature to disagree and then deal with it in an immature manner.
We have to look at accidents hoping to see I don't know what. The news specializes in showing horrid things rather than any good things. Perhaps it's the same principal.
Nevertheless, it also seems that I have P/O'd a number of people but we still communicate and don't hate each other as far as I know. In spite of disagreements, name calling, whining to moderators, and using other boards to inflict some sort of revenge on others, most of us seem to be able to get over it and carry on with other topics without holding grudges. Are we learning maturity ? Or are we all married to each other? :lol:
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 11:52 AM
Non Baja related response to another morphed thread....

Natalie Ann:"We might, however, have to temper our political exchanges.... you see, I tagged that Trent Lott quote as a sad, sad statement of "our" caring for the people of Iraq, most of whom are just people like you and me and do not deserve to be "mowed down". But don't judge me merely on that. I too be a good American. Have contributed our only son to California Highway Patrol, work he has loved and shared with us for many years now. Also lost my dad, a WWII vet, when I was young. I vote in every election and try not to be judgemental of my fellow wo/man. I work and pray for whatever is best for all - tis not mine to decide what should be so I offer that prayer up to God/Goddess/All THat Is. Peace be with you and yours, Skeet - and keep the good posts coming PLEASE."

Your goddess might have an ear to the ground, but that God guy really likes to chew 'em up and spit 'em out. I grew up as a Baptist, so I know the words of Jesus don't count for much. When push comes to shove, forget the nice guy and refer to that Old Testament fellow for a good "kill everbody and sort out the innocents later" kind of time. Next time you might wanna tag your sad and ironic quotes as "sad and ironic"- maybe a little sad smiley or somethin'. - Stephanie

When the goin' gets tough, the wierd turn pro
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 12:12 PM

Stephanie - The God/Goddess/All That Is was an attempt on my part to include belief in a higher being, trying not to be offensive to those who do not believe in one.

Regrading adding the smilie to my signature... great idea. Can you (or anyone else) please help me understand how to do that? Thanks in advance.

.....Oscar Wilde
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 12:23 PM
Board psychology

Am I the same person today as I was yesterday? Am I going to still be in this mood and think the same way in a week ?
Did something upset me this morning that somebody on the boards is going to pay for with my remarks ?
Looks like were off to a flying start this week. Maybe we should have started with " Good morning everyone" !:biggrin:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 12:34 PM
Actually, Ski,

my head has begun to ache and I realize once again I'm stuck at my 'puter writing about non-Baja stuff instead of getting out and spreading a little Baja love. I'm logging off - and next time I return I'll just change my signature back to one we all understand:
"Kindness is my religion."
..... The Dalai Lama
Much nicer thought for the day.

Y'all have a good one.

.....Oscar Wilde
M
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 01:23 PM
bEAUTIFULL

gOOD MORNING EVERYBODY. hOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FABULOUS DAY.. hUGS, m
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 02:02 PM
Thanks for not stopping.

We already have enough jibberish here without hombres sin nombres.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2003 at 02:29 PM

J. R. Yes the shool class sizez are coming down in the Rual area.
In the past ten years Los Banos School have doubled and tripled by parents moving out of San Jose and trying to get away to a more Normal type of school Dist. The people who I talk to would like to better the lives of their children but are having trouble with the very loose ideas of the Seculiars.Evern in what use to ber Democratic strong holds the Admin. are changeing a little at a time to a more "Commom Sense} type of Education.

There is one trend I see that I do not like and that is the idea that after trying several times and gettin no results the Teachers are giving up on the small amount of "Bad Kids" and letting them go to the Special schools.
I am amased at the number of new kids showing up at the Local churches and also finally standing up to some of the bad kids and being proud they are Christians.No only Christians but just the kids who are "Good Kids" wanting their schools to be known as a Drug Free .School.
I was at my Grandsons School Soccor games on a Sat., the number of Children blows your mind.The younger kids are getting away from the Football/Baskeball heroes and looking to other Sports.. When I ask the kids about why they do not play football or Basketball they respond that they are not FAIR!!
TV really paints some weird lessons on the Board.Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.