BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Fuel prices for April 2006.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-12-2006 at 09:33 PM

Are you a Mexican citizen?

If not, then no worries... tons of American diesel cars and trucks drive Baja!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 4-12-2006 at 10:56 PM

I just filled up in Rosarito today. $60.00 to fill my Ford PSD diesel.... Viva Mexico!!!!!!!!!!
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 07:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by tippytoestrish
[Edited on 4-2-2006 by bajalou]

Since Mexicans are forbidden to own private non-commercial diesel vehicles,

I'm curious about this restriction? Why is that? We are planning to travel in our diesel Ford; no problems, I hope.

MY best understanding is that it is because diesel fuel is "subsidized" by the government for commercial purposes, and thus diesel vehicles are relegated to non-private use.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 05:46 PM

Last night on the news they said to expect gas at over 4 dollars/gal this summer in the States. There were no new emergencies, just business as usual.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 06:07 PM

ITS RAPE PURE AND SIMPLE IN THE STATES

THINKING ABOUT FIRING UP MY STILL SEEMS IF A GUY GOT CORN SQUEESED THE OIL OUT FOR DIESLS, MADE A CORN MASH OUT OF THE PULP DISTILED IT FOR THE GAS RIGS,
FED THE USED MASH TO THE CATTLE FOR FOOD AND LET THE CHICKES PICK OUT WHAT THEY WANTED LEAVING WHATS LEFT FOR THE WORMS WOULD BE GOOD FOR FISHEN AND PLANTING CORN ?? NAAA THINK ILL JUST DRINK IT AND SNOOZE THROU IT ALL JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN THE USA SAYING DAM THEM OIL COMPANYS JERRY

jerry and judi
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:50 AM

filled up at the yuma proving grounds yesterday for $2.57/gal unleaded.

this morning i drove past the local arco and it was $2.85/gal. had to re-fill b4 it goes any higher!!!!

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-16-2006 at 01:04 PM
Precios en Mexicali Ayer

Driving South through El Centro and Calexico yesterday, the lowest prices advertised were $2.95 for 87 octane and $3.15 for 91 octane. I filled up en Mexicali and the prices were 8.27 pesos por litro (87) and 8.85 (91). At 10.85 pesos to the dollar, it worked out to $2.85 / $3.09 per gallon. Cheaper than El Norte, but not by much. I didn't get a chance to check the San Felipe prices since the gas stations were all a madhouse and I've got enough of a reserve to not need any for a week or two.
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 12:55 AM

Quote:
Expect the price of gas in the USA to go up about 10 cents this month.

Aw. Big deal. Regular is now $4.00 / gal in Vancouver BC !!!

Can't figure out why - our Canadian oil companies don't have George W in their pocket. Must just be PURE greed, Eh?

:?: :fire:

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 07:32 AM

It's government profit (taxes) and rediculous regulations that double the gas price and create shortages that drive up the price.

Because (one political group) prevents us from extracting the oil we have under are own soil, we must buy from other countries... Blame them, not the companies that make a product we want or need.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 03:00 PM

Ok DK, if we started drilling the ANWR say 5 years ago, how much lower would the price of regular unleaded be from the $2.99 I saw today? There is not that much there, and it's not very cheap to pump out, transport, and refine. Also, what would the $2.99 for regular unleaded be without federal and California state taxes? It would be $2.49 cents rounded to the nearest penny. http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/statistics/gas_taxes_by_st... That's not that much savings with a total abolition of gasoline tax. However, in that scenario, it would be unfair to tax me via other methods of tax collection for the upkeep of roads and traffic signals, and to tax me for traffic law enforcement since I only ride my bicycle to school each day. I'd rather see my taxes go toward bike trails away from all the cars.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2006 at 03:04 PM

And as for the ridiculous regulations such as all containers needing to be replaced in all Ca. gas stations, who do you think lobbied for that? The big, national gasoline venders generously offered to submit to such a thing. Who suffered? You got it.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-22-2006 at 07:07 AM

Mulege is still the same

Magna.............$ 6.27 pesos per liter
Premium..........$ 7.40 pesos per liter
Diesel..............$ 5.15 pesos per liter

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2006 at 07:23 AM

It was reported yesterday that the average price of gas in the US increased by 80-cents per gallon since January 1st of this year. I don't think we are seeing the decline yet as it seems the price is escalating daily! Dig deep in your pockets or do not drive a gas powered vehicle.
Bob H
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-22-2006 at 07:30 AM

That's....

$2.16 Magna
$2.54 Premium
$1.77 Diesel

a lot cheaper in Baja

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2006 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajarich
Last night on the news they said to expect gas at over 4 dollars/gal this summer in the States.

Yesterday I passed the gas station at Dateland (I-8 between Yuma and Gila Bend). Regular was $4.09.9 a gallon.
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 4-24-2006 at 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Also, what would the $2.99 for regular unleaded be without federal and California state taxes? It would be $2.49 cents rounded to the nearest penny.

However, in that scenario, it would be unfair to tax me via other methods of tax collection for the upkeep of roads and traffic signals, and to tax me for traffic law enforcement since I only ride my bicycle to school each day. ....

If you think gas taxes go to roads, you have been breathing way too many exhaust fumes on your bicycle commute.

Most go to the General Fund, where they are spent on anything....Usually having nothing in common with roads and commuting.

Yes, some gas taxes do go to the roads, but those are special local taxes voted on and passed by the voters in an attempt to do what the State will not. Ever notice how wide and nicely paved and free of potholes the roads are in Orange County???? Especially noticeable at the 5 Freeway at the County line. Goes from at least 6+ lanes in one direction on the OC side to 3 lanes on the LA side?..All from a ? cent sales tax.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2006 at 07:30 PM

dk

Taxes?

is that why the number one profits in the world are going to oil companies (EXXON). gald my stocks are helping to fill my tank.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.