Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: loreto rental wanted, affordable, summer 06
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 4-9-2006 at 06:17 PM
loreto rental wanted, affordable, summer 06

My family is looking to immerse ourselves with the people of Loreto for about 3-4 months from May end - August end or so,2006. Need it to be VERY affordable as we will be living off savings and have no income during the time. Please e-mail me with any info about a home with at least the basics: flushing toilet, refrigerator, beds for 4 people, washing machine. Thanks! Can't wait! Just love it there and have been waiting to return.:bounce:
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2006 at 07:12 PM

Thanks, Larry; knew I would be hanging clothes out to dry, as I always did, but are you saying that I would have to wash clothes by hand? Or just some sort of manual machine? Thanks for your time.
jcurland

[*] posted on 4-9-2006 at 07:53 PM

what do you consider affordable...what's your monthly budget?
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2006 at 08:11 PM

Quote:
Or, take it to a laundrymat-- I'd guess there are several in Loreto, and they'll probably do all the work for you for a minor charge.

yes, there are several, and I think I paid for my machine with a month of not patronizing them....

aaahhhh.... the zen of hanging laundry....
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by tippytoestrish
Thanks, Larry; knew I would be hanging clothes out to dry, as I always did, but are you saying that I would have to wash clothes by hand?

Oh, the horror of it!

Cheeky, Larry, but right on! Hey, I can only go by past experience, and we either had an automatic washing tub, or I was too young to be noticing how laundry was done!
--Larry
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 09:03 AM

Affordable would be about 600-800 per month, definitely under $1000, I'm hoping. This trip came us very suddenly as both my husband and I lost some jobs 2 weeks ago--hence the tight budget.

I also am in the dark about how much it will take to sustain us for 3 months for groceries, diesel gas, etc. Kind of hard to budget, buy, hey, I'm willing to just go and BE THERE!!!
eetdrt88
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2006 at 01:18 PM
how it usually goes..

you never have enough greenbacks...but if you let that hold you back you will never get anywhere...I like your plan though,gather up a few items and a few bucks and head south...you never know what will happen;D;);D;);D;)

Juan del Rio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 08:15 PM
tippytoestrish ...

...u2u me. I have a friend with a place 1/2 block up from Malacon/center of town, on the same street as "EL Moro" Trailer Park who may be interested in a short term rental that you are inquiring about.
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 07:30 AM

Prepare yourself for finding the rental market here very very tight. Construction boom has brought hundreds of mainland workers to Loreto, taking up the slack on the low end rentals. Juan del Rio is probably your best way for finding something. Also maybe Loreto Solutions, and La Gigante Real Estate. La Gigante handles rentals for "part time" owners in the Loreto area. Also email Francisco Yanez who works for Loreto's Properties. itoajas@hotmail.com. He may be aware of something. Will it be kids & pets included? $1,000.00 might do it for 'short term' rental, but don't think your average will find anything suitable. Good luck, & have fun down here.
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 05:51 PM

thanks, Phil, for the several leads; and you're right, things seem very tight--not what I had expected at all. Kids, yes, ages 8 & 9, no pets, unless you think I'd be able to find a pet store to sell me rats & mice to feed my two snakes???? Just kidding--snakes stay at home. So much for thinking that we could do this nice and cheaply (as I remember from so long ago).
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 09:14 PM
LOreto on the cheap!!!

Tippsi. Those days are long gone. Come down with a tent & portapotti, coleman stove, sleeping bags, and go to Rattlesnake beach down by Puerto Escondido. There are two tiendas for groceries. Beach is free, if there is an opening. Most likely in the summer. Great beach for kids, and swimming & snorkeling for the kids. Experienced ones probably will find it boring. This is the cheap way to go, if your driving down. Bring water containers to get water to drink & cook with.
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:17 PM

:yawn: sorry, Phil, but that sounds too cheap for my almost 40 year old back--I try to use an air mattress even for camping! Besides, I love Loreto, and that is the place for me; familiarity, old friends, you know.... its in my blood.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 5-8-2006 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tippytoestrish
My family is looking to immerse ourselves with the people of Loreto for about 3-4 months from May end - August end or so,2006. Need it to be VERY affordable as we will be living off savings and have no income during the time. Please e-mail me with any info about a home with at least the basics: flushing toilet, refrigerator, beds for 4 people, washing machine. Thanks! Can't wait! Just love it there and have been waiting to return.:bounce:

Those are the months that the snowbirds go back up north, so there are lots of vacant houses during that time. I don't know of any but perhaps one of the property management services in town would know...or a sign could be posted at Cafe Ole to alert snowbirds who still haven't left yet. The local laundramats aer pricey, costs 100 pesos just for me to have one load done...you could definately pay off a brand new washing machine by not using those laundry services for a month especially with kids.
tippytoestrish
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:02 PM

thanks, pam for the insight--we'll probably do that if our trip turns into a longer stay. at the moment, we have secured a place in town, but its at the highest end of what we can afford--and only then for a few short months. we'll be on the alert for something more locally owned, probably, if we stay longer.
Bajame
Nomad

Mood: Baja Dreamin

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 09:18 AM

You can also try Palmas Altas Hotel on Nickolas Bravo. Two blocks from the malacon and town. You will have access to BBQ's Nice lounge area around the pool. The bigger units have 2 rooms plus small kitchen and bath room. There is a porch with table and chairs attached. They have a security gate and will give you a key so you can come and go. It's not a fancy place but clean and charming with palms and flowers that shows the pride they take in it. You can pick up dishes and other things you need at the local store. The larger unit goes for $500 Peso's. They also have smaller ones for $250
Best bet is Playa Naranjos between Loreto and Mulege. There you can rent a large unit right on the water in the greatest area! They are so big! Very clean and only $250 pesos a nite. Armando is the owner there. They have a good resturant on site. Great place to have a base camp. Hope you find what your looking for! Bajame.

We all want a peaceful world, filled with love and laughter, but we fill ourselves with anger and hate trying to fiqure out how to achive it.
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 11:52 AM

Tippy toes you can buy a used tent trailer or camping for less than you can rent a place , and sell it when you get back, next to tent camping it would be much cheaper than a house rental have a good time
jim

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.