Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: To all Great Members of this Board
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 01:30 PM
To all Great Members of this Board

I thak all of you for your words and confidence!
I have in the past week finally beat my addiction for the Off Topic Board!
My time is very limited with all the things going on in my Life.

Bruce is a good reader of Poems as he suggested when Anon Posted on the Suggestion Topic several days Ago.

I would like to introduce my Daughter Patricia to all of you good folks, She started going to Loreto with me so many years ago that I cannot remember it all.
I named my Panga after her when I bought it in 1976.

She Advised me that she would like to take her children, my Grandan children to Loreto an immerse them into the Mexican community as I did her and her Brother , so many years ago.
I know that you will help her and her family as they live in Loreto this summer.
Her name is TWINKLETOESTRISH

God Bless you All and may you be blessed each day of your life

Skeet/Loreto
Anon the Preacher
Skeeter Peter
Skeet/TExas
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 01:33 PM

Skeet
We will be there for all of her questions. But she probably knows more than many of us.
Good luck, twinkletoes. (ya gotta love that name!)

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 01:45 PM
What about all these range fires, Skeet?

Are you close to any of em? What gives?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 4-11-2006 at 02:36 PM

OK who is tippytoetrish?

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 02:44 PM

????????

Is there a twinkletoetrish and atippytoestrish?

Are they fraternal, identical or coincidental?
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:12 PM

sorry folks! I am using only one finger. It is Tippytoestrish.

Hook Yes the fires are very close, lost 11 houses North of amarillo 3 days ago. 40 miles East there has been amillion acres Lost. I have been hauling donated Hay and fencing to Pampa Texas from Amarillo. You cannot imagine uless you see it!!

I will come on the board again soon, got a problem.

Again thanks to all the Nomads.

Skeet/Loreto
In God I trust
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 03:14 PM

I think accidental

Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2006 at 04:29 PM

Hi Skeet,

Couldn't resist playing with tippy and twinkle-- all in fun.

Glad to hear you've broken that addiction, now you can talk more with us on the "nicer" forums.

Take care down there, stay safe from the fires...

Paula

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 03:12 AM
I have whipped the Off Topic Addiction!

Due the spport of all the Members of this board I have finally been able to Pass buy that section as I Lurk.
It has been made possible by a bunch of fine People I have never met Personally.
Time is another factor!

About the time of my attempt to escape,"The Prayer of Jabez: again entered my Life.-I was setting at my computer when the Largest Fire in Texas History started near MCclean Texas. I felt a pull to help/So got in my "Big Old ford diesel and headed to the area to offer my truck. ended up in the fire station at McLean, watched as Firefighters and their Wives tried to stop the roaring fire head their way.

The word to evacaute was two minutes away when the Wind suddenly shifted about 10 degrees. A back fire was set and the People and Town Saved.

Was directed to to the Texas Farm bureau in Pampa Texas and started hauling donated Hay and Fencing on my 18 Ft. Car Trailer. Met up with some Great People!!

For those of you who have never experienced a Grass Fire, it is something you hope you should never see!!

Prime Cattle being shot by their owners to prevent them from being Burned, those that could not be reached stacked up aganist a Fence with ears burned off, Houses consumed as the wind blew 30 t0 50 MPH.
I saw Firefighters Wives Put on their Husbands Suits and go out to stand beside them fighting the fire.

I have been to War and seen some bad stuff, but to see the burning of a Million Acres of Ranchland , Homes , cattle, tears your Heart Apart.

Tonight there is a Concert Michael Murphy, all the People have come together and this great Panhandle will recover,
It will take two years for the Grass to start to grow, homes to be rebuilt, lives to be changed.

God Bless the Fire Fighters of the Texas Panhandle!

Skeet/Loreto
Anon the Preacher
Skeeter Peter
SkeetTexas
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 04:17 AM
Have seen some of the damage....very terrible.

I don't think most people have been made aware of the magnitude or the time frame of this disaster. These fires have been raging for many weeks...and hardly anybody knows. The flood in New Orleans got a huge amount of news coverage, but the fires in Texas and Oklahoma have received scant national attention. It is a little puzzling, isn't it?

Skeet, keep your eyes open for my old friend, Dusty. He will be in a plane flying very low.

He has flown Baja bush planes for 30 years and is now fighting fires there in Texas and Oklahoma by flying waterbombers and spreading fire retardent in the hot spots. Pilots have to get up close and personal with a lot of these spot grass fires. But being an ex-Cobra pilot (1000hrs combat time) and a low-level crop duster he is used to hairy situations. At least in Texas he is not being shot at with AA rounds and machineguns.

The other day he was again a hero..flying his bomber dangerously low and close through flames to cover a ranchhouse..saving that family's home. He felt pretty good about that drop.

This is commonplace for all these flyers...risking their lives, but I doubt he or any of you other great volunteers helping to fight those fires will ever see national news. Guess you will miss Katie Couric's interview or Wolf Blitzer's commentary. Kind of odd, don't you think?...this tragedy is getting little if any news coverage. Why do you suppose the national news groups don't see a story here? Is it because the folks there are not looking or waiting around for help, but just pitching in and getting the job done?

You take care, Skeet, and keep your whiskers out of the fire.
If you see Dusty, tell him the same.

p.s. here's Dusty at Pta. Chivato, 1983.

[Edited on 4-15-2006 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2006 at 09:08 PM
Wildfires!!!!

Pompano: I think I observed his Plane on the second Day of the fire near Mclean. I will find out as his quick spotting of a fire near a Feedlot, saved It!!He called in two Helio's and a tanker. Iwill find out and let you Know.

Virginia and were in attendance at the "Range fire Benefit at the new Globe-News Center in amarillo- A five hour concert headed by MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHEY and Friends.

the place had sold out two weeks GO IN ONE dAY.

About 30 minutes into the show it was annonced that another fire had broke out in the southwest of amarillo, several people got up and left.

4 new Homes were burned to ground in the city Limits- Winds were 50 miles per hour.

All proceeds went to the fire victums including a 40 Ft. Trailer loaded with California Hay.

The saying that Texas Panhandle people Take care of their Neighbors is very True.

Will try to send pics next report.

Skeet/Loreto

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.