BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Suggestions for a hotel in La Paz?
Stickers
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2006 at 07:47 PM
Suggestions for a hotel in La Paz?

I will be in La Paz next week and I have not been there for 15 years. Any advice on where to stay would be appreciated, not luxury but somthing nice.

Rick
villadelfin
Nomad

Mood: toasted and buttered

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 01:26 AM

www.seccionamarilla.com.mx is the web address for the yellow pages in bcs

el angel azul www.elangelazul.com 612-125-5130
Hacienda del Mar 612-124-7001
La Casa Jalisco www.lacasajalisco.com 612-128-4311

Please go back to the control panel and update your profile. From California? Pretty big state, California
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:21 AM

El Moro and Caba?as at El Arco are nice. I prefer the caba?as because they are right in town. Many people on this board stay at Gardenias.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 07:33 AM
El Moro is convenient and nice

We have stayed at the El Moro for many years. Bought a membership a long time ago and it has paid for itself many times over since. I 'think' they still offer a discount for guests who have a FM-3 and own a Baja home.

Very nicely appointed rooms with full-service restuarant, swim-up bar, spa, pool, palapa bar, AC, Sat TV, phones, taxi service, secure parking, etc. Located right on the malecon, but away from noisy section. It has always been a pleasant stay for us. Great help from staff for finding things in La Paz.

These are honest 'suites'...could easily sleep a family or extra friends, 2 levels, with front rooms, balconies, kitchen, private patio w/ table/chairs, tiny garden...very relaxing and private. We enjoy a seaside view with our morning coffee and evening c-cktail.

p.s. I should add that I have stayed at all the hotels mentioned plus quite a few more, and the El Moro is best deal for our money. Gardenias is not the place it used to be (wife insisted on leaving after c-ckroach growled at her) El Arco casitas rooms were too small, parking a hassle, La Missiones are poorly kept, Hotel Perla is handy, but a zoo with all the traffic noise. Some amigos stay at the Tijuana Hotel?, but I don't know anything about it..other than it was very reasonable. La Paz is full of hotels, though, and you should find what you are looking for. Hope your stay is a pleasant one.

[Edited on 4-14-2006 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 08:03 AM

We stay at Gardenias often when we go down on errands. The rates are going up, and it isn't the bargain it once was. It is convenient and has a nice pool, and enclosed parking.
I might stay at El Arco Cabanas, which are great and have FM-3 discount, but I think next time we'll try El Moro-- Pompano's picture has me sold!

[Edited on 4-14-2006 by Paula]
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 09:09 AM

There is actually a parking lot behind the caba?as that makes parking very easy.
I like El Moro but they take dogs only on a very arbitrary basis...sometimes yes, sometimes no. Dont like to waste the time checking to see what the rule of the day is.

Dianamo
Nomad

Mood: ...still in Baja

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 09:39 AM

Has anyone found a quiet room at Club El Moro? If there is one that I can request in advance (I have tried several), I would be grateful. :?: The street noise keeps me awake.

DianaMo
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 10:17 AM

bajajudy...dianamo...all,

parking....We found the parking lot behind the Arcos cabanas not suitable for us...maybe because we had a cargo trailer for hauling appliances back to our casa. Too much hassle. El Moro has a locked and gaurded lot within sight, lots of room for boats, trailers. Never a problem with our trailers.

pets...We have always had our dogs, parrots, and assorted critters with us at El Moro. Never heard that they disallowed pets...

noise...I am a very light sleeper and would not sleep in a noisy place. But then, my hearing is not so good either!! Beuna suerte on finding your hotel.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 10:27 AM

Pomp
El Moro has different rules for dogs for those of you who bought the plan for reduced rates.
For the general public , they told us it was according to how many people were in the hotel.
Who knows.

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2006 at 10:43 AM

Parking can be an issue. Paula and I stayed at the New Pekin last time down...it was an adventure, somewhat funky but very interesting place, but parking was limited in the underground garae and we had to move the car once to let someone out. There was a very noisy water system: RRRRRR/WHOOOSSSSHHH.....BANG-CLANG!

Gardenias: We have not run into the growling c-ckroaches, but the water system is also loud and can bother a light sleeper.

I must be a light sleeper, no one ever mentions noisy water systems in hotel reviews but it has bothered me at both those places.:lol:

Los Arcos cabanas: We stayed there once, but had to park on the street. Their lot was full. Maybe one can reserve a spot in the lot?

We've stayed at a couple of other spots, but I can't remember their names right now.

We have yet to stay at Yaneka. One of these days...check it out when you are down town, it's a little different.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.