Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Spay and Neuter clinic for Baja Norte
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 4-24-2006 at 06:35 PM
Spay and Neuter clinic for Baja Norte

This is a short response to a Post on this board by Gypsy Jan back in June of 2005 where she spoke of the need for care for the dogs in Baja

Baja Bernie

Concern for even a small number of strays in Baja is a task that may break even most caring individual. But for some the caring for the pup will always outweigh becoming cynical and uncaring. Such people are blessed.

We all know that this is a critical problem all over Baja and now one of our very own, Cindi Edwards, you know her as Cyndarouh, has stepped forward and is working in conjunction with ?Help for The Homeless Pets? to start Spay and Neuter clinics in Baja California. The first one will begin operation in July of 2006 in the Eljido Punta Banda, near La Bufadora. I guess you could say it name will be very fitting??The JR Memorial Spay and Neuter Clinic.??Remember how much he loved his own dogs!

It will be staffed by an all-volunteer group with the exception of Hector Bracamontes, a licensed veterinarian, who will provide his service for only a nominal fee.

Cindi is looking for additional financial assistance to cover medical supplies and food and water for the animals while they are in the clinic.

Cindi is a gal who thinks large and she anticipates that they will attempt to fund other clinics between Maneadero and Vicente Guerrero. Hopefully in the future they will have a string of clinics reaching all the way to El Rosario.

Donations should be sent to Help for The Homeless Pets, PO Box 1406 Ramona, Ca, 92065. (Help for The Homeless Pets is a certified 503 charitable organization and donations are tax deductible Please mark your donation(s) with the letters ?JR? so they will be credited to the correct account.

This group and Cindi were very involved in the caring for animals, from the Cedar Fire and they even sent volunteers to New Orleans where they rescued numerous animals and even brought them to California and placed them in homes here.

Please tell all of your friends about this most worthwhile undertaking AND send money.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 4-25-2006 at 06:12 AM

I know from experience what the spay/neuter clinics can do. Until we got our Humane Society here in San Jose which started clinics just a year ago, my husband and I had picked up over 30 puppies that people had left in the middle of the road, on the side of the road, at my gate...you get the picture. Since the clinics, the number of strays, particularly puppies, has decreased dramatically. This is the proven way to reduce the number of unwanted dogs. It works.
So come on Nomads, lets help Cindi by sending some money to the above address. You will be helping all the critters and each other. None of us like to see the pitiful dogs all pink from scratching themselves to death, skin and bones, shaking their heads because their ears ar full of mites.....you all have seen this and probably, like me, turn your head because the sight is so painful.
For those of you who live in the area, she will need milk crates, old travel kennels, old blankets and towels, food for the volunteers, transportation for the helpers. I am sure she will have a list as the time approaches but please get out there and help her in this valiant effort.
You go Cindi!

Price
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 07:53 AM

Cindi is doing a great thing !!!!!! Our 7 dogs and I applaud her :biggrin::biggrin:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 11:40 AM

Talk about one committed woman - Cindi is heading down today to put in time on this project. I say let's give her all the assistance we can... send donations and spread the word.

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 02:36 PM

How does one contact Cindi?? There seems to be 3 different groups in the Punta Banda area all putting together their own clinics. Seems it would be better to combine efforts.

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 03:25 PM
Bajabound

I believe that she has been working on that. She will be back in town tomorrow or Thursday and she will be monitoring this thread--And I'll tell her.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 05:25 PM

Thank you Bernie! I can put her in touch with some of the other folks. We are heading to Punta Banda ourselves on 5/16 til September:biggrin:

Cyndarouh: get in touch with me directly via email: ktaormina@taorminainfo.com

Arrowheadbaja
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 07:53 PM

Cyndi is in the process of coordinating everything right now. She is meeting with a vet now, and is finalizing plans for a location. It is not three clinics though, It is one group. "Help for the homeless pets".

Please help everyone. We know how much JR loved his dogs.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 08:03 PM

Arrowheadbaja -- there really are THREE groups trying to put together completely differently clinics all in Punta Banda. Trust me on this one! Not one of contacts in Punta Banda knows of Cindi's efforts or this Vet she is working with. Much importante she contact us so we can put her in touch with the other folks attempting the same effort in the same exact area! Really, this is three different groups of people putting together 3 different clinics all in a very small geographic area!!

bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 08:11 PM

BAJABERNIE - pls check your u2u

Arrowheadbaja
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2006 at 09:39 PM

Wow, That is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will pm U. Bajabound2005
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 04:23 PM

Good News! Cindi has connected with the others working on a clinic for the Punta Banda and preliminary reports are that they are combining efforts. Looks like one way or another, a Vet Clinic will be the Punta Banda area! Thanks, Nomads, for helping us connect these folks!

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 04:35 PM

Great news! About the combining of efforts.

I have suggested to Cindi that she have a jar at the book signing so all you Nomads can make a donation easily without even having to address and stamp an envelope. So if you are there, please find the jar and stuff it full.

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2006 at 12:21 PM

I am back from Baja, Wanted to Thank Everyone for all the support. When I have more time I will post an update. Right now we have no date set. The Dogs of Baja Norte also, Thank you for the support. Cindi
Baja Bernie

[*] posted on 4-28-2006 at 02:20 PM
Baja Judy

Wonderful Idea on the collection at the Booksigning

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-29-2006 at 09:11 AM

I would like to Thank Doug, for the Nomad site. Truly has helped put the spay and neuter clinics together with all the right people. I am excited to say we are all on the same page now. Working with the same wonderful young Lady, Jessica. She just finished Vet school, and is also excited about working with Hector. I met Hector a Vet from TJ, threw Jesse on this board. Hector has taken care of my rescues this last year. Very kind man, he also helps, with Spay and Neuter for the Rosarito Rescue. Help for the Homeless Pets, sends a big Thank you to all that are helping, work on the Spay and Neuter Clinics in Baja Norte. Cindi
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 4-29-2006 at 11:09 AM
Hi Cindy

Just caught the thread. Well you and I talked about this before, the treatment of animals being one of the few things we don't like about Baja, WOW!!! You really stepped up to the plate. By all means put a jar out for collection at the booksigning I know every little bit helps. And please if I can do anything to help you from here let me know I'd be more than happy to lend a helping hand. Good luck on your project, I wish you great success, you are an angel, :yes:k

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-30-2006 at 07:29 AM

Keri, I will stop in this week to visit. Thank you, for the offer to place a donation jar at your Wonderful Event. Judy, Thank you for the Idea.. With help from others, I know we will make a difference in helping these needy Dogs of Baja. Cats also. I just don?t see a lot of cats. If we find a few that need help, we will do the best we can. A group here in Julian, all Baja Lovers, is doing a collection of towels, bowls, and kennels for us. Down the road, when we have a date set, I will need help getting these kennels across. (Jessica, the new vet, needs wire create kennels for her new clinic if any of you have or see some cheep at a swap meet.) If I take to many at a time, I will have to pay duty. This would take away for the Dogs. Time to hit the road again. Many Thanks to Everyone, Cindi
BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 04:20 PM

Hi Cindy,

Thanks so much for your doing this! What a great thing!

The Gringos here in TS have been hosting annual 4-day spay and neuter clinics for the last five years, free to the locals who cannot afford. There are some really wonderful U.S. Vets and Vet Techs who fly down each year and volunteer their time for the cause (and to get in a little surfing in between).

They also treat many very sick animals for free, who are often brought in just for neutering but are just too sick with other problems to simply cut and release them back.

And it has made a really big difference in the numbers of homeless and sick animals here. This last year in March, the clinics spayed and neutered over 200 dogs and cats in Todos Santos and Pescadero.

For those interested, here is a link to pictures and story from last years' clinics here.

Let me know if you need any help or advice from here and I'll get the request to the right people for reply.

Buena Suerte Mucho!

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by BCSTech]

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 5-1-2006 at 07:53 PM
Come to the Pyramid Resort Booksigning May 6th

and make a donation to Cindy's Spay and Neuter Clinic. Come on Nomads let's show her we all care about the animals here in Baja. If you have any items on her list please bring them with you to the booksigning. She can pick them up here. Hope to see you all on Saturday at Pyramid Resort KM 57 1/2 on the free rd,k:yes::yes::yes:

http://www.pyramidresort.com
011521-646-119-9445

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.