Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: question for nomad regarding disscussions on this board
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 9-10-2002 at 12:35 PM
question for nomad regarding disscussions on this board

Nomad, What is your policy regarding discussions on this board about baja that may get political. I am talking about discussions that are respectful, informative and not full of flames. Would you as a moderator welcome these discussions? If the discussion got heated and nasty would you delete the whole thread or just slam the offensive individuals that could not keep it civil. I have lived and worked for almost 10 years in Baja and am looking for a place to have more meaningful discussions regarding baja than just the usual "where can I get cheap beer". Thanks.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Anonymous
Unregistered

thumbup.gif posted on 9-10-2002 at 02:00 PM
politics and newsworthy BCS subjects

Hey, I want it all. I enjoy a good political discussion, especially with the APEC conference and the Norma 029 shark netting fiasco, and I also enjoy discussions and fluff about cheap beer, etc. Bajabus, I sure hope you can keep us informed since you are closer to the action.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2002 at 02:04 PM

Yeah, but we have to see what the moderator of the board thinks before we use their resources. Thanks for the opinion though.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-13-2002 at 09:29 PM

It's hard to know where you're going with your question.

The purpose of this particular board is to be of service to individuals with an interest in the Baja peninsula of Mexico, whether they've never been there, travel there frequently, or live there. Subjects can be "Where to find cheap beer," or can be a dicussion of politics. That is up to the visitors here. The topic here are things pertaining to the Baja California peninsula.

The "User Agreement" states that I/we have the right to pull posts that are abusive, vulgar, etc. As much as I'd like this forum to be as open and broad as possible, I'll need to stick to that agreement, even if it limits who'll participate here.

From the "user agreement:"
(posted at: http://www.escapist.com/u_agree.htm )

"You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless Q87 International, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents and representatives against, any claim arising from any material that you post or transmit. Although Q87 International and its affiliates may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, pages submitted and bulletin boards on the Site, neither Q87 International nor its affiliates is under any obligation to do so. You acknowledge that Q87 International and its affiliates do not control the information available on the bulletin boards and chat rooms and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any bulletin board, traveler's opinion page or in any chat room are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. Q87 International and its affiliates reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the chat rooms or bulletin boards."

Did I answer your question?

--
Doug

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

thumbup.gif posted on 9-14-2002 at 02:09 PM

Hey Bajabus; I have read many of your posts on bajanet since that one thread was deleted. I agree your responses were thoughfull and appropriate. They just got caught up with a few others that were not. Anyway, I have always felt that Eric treated the board and posters with a great deal of indifference. His sister seems to actually care. I for one will always look forward to reading your posts and enjoying your perspective. Now how bout a cold one. Tom
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-14-2002 at 03:01 PM

Well that all seems clear enough. I'm in the middle of some intense packing right now to get down to Elias Calles. I fly to LAX tommorow AM, spend the night with EGL (Mat and Barb) and start the drive Monday AM at the crack of dawn. I should be back at my home and satellite set up by the end of the week. I'll be back in buisness then.
Tom, Thanks a bunch for the comments, much appreciated.

This board has a really nice format and nice features I think I will like it.

Max

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-14-2002 at 09:45 PM

Hi Max, if you could go real slow and stop at Cielito Lindo Saturday (9-21) for BBBB-4... I will buy all the beer you can drink! It would be fun seeing that bearded face, again! (I will never forget opening my eyes in that hammock and seeing you looking down on jeans and I!!!):)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.