Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tequila Tasting....Results are in
GeoRock
Nomad

Mood: Always have one

[*] posted on 5-9-2006 at 08:44 PM
Tequila Tasting....Results are in

Okay Nomads, here are the results of the fourth annual tequila tasting contest held during the booksigning at Keri's. It was a slam dunk for the #1 position:
Porfidio Reposado
Smooth and smokey.

Second place honors went to El Jimador Reposado. Just can't go wrong with this standby.

Third place went to Keri's Dobel Saborde Cajetacon "Licor tequila 18800" It was actually a caramel flavored liqour tequila, but it was so well liked it won a ribbon. As our contest is very informal this can happen, as anything goes.

Fourth place was Hacienda de Tepa Reposado.

Fifth place was Reposado Los Arango. I purchased this one, hoping it would be good. Every year I buy one I've never tried before. It was not inexpensive, so I was suprised it placed so lowly.

Sixth place was Sauza Hornitos Reposado.

After the contest, while I was cleaning up and gathering up the contest supplies, I discovered a bottle of tequila left by some kind soul for the contest. It was Puerto Vallarta Reposado. I was very sorry I didn't know about it to include it in the contest. However, I want to assure the person who left it that I promise it will be enjoyed by a group of us in Bahia de los Angeles this week that love tequila. We will appreciate it, and it will not go to waste.....thank you.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Every year it is really a lot of fun due to the great group that donates a bit of their livers to the tasting for the benefit of all others. Thanks!

[Edited on 5-10-2006 by GeoRock]

http://reinventmyself.isagenix.com
For rapid weight loss; building of lean muscle for athletes; and overall improved health through nutritional cleansing.
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 5-9-2006 at 09:01 PM

GeoRock,
Are any of these available in the US?

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:32 AM

what about relative prices?????

no gran centenario in the fold?

didn't recognize any names as high end. no anjeos included?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 07:40 AM

Did elgatoloco and Barb show up?

It was Gran Centenario by unanamous decision a couple years ago!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Al G
GeoRock,
Are any of these available in the US?

El Jimador $19.99 at BevMo
Sauza $41.99 for 1.75 liter also often found at Costco

http://www.bevmo.com/productlist.asp?area=home

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

No. Wanted to give some other tequilas a fighting chance. :smug::biggrin:

We were not able to attend as we were VERY busy moving back into our remodeled house after 491 days away. :o

The good news is we now have a room designed specifically for my tequila collection. Comes with padded floor.:lol:

MAGA

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 05:58 PM

ok MAtt. i'll give you and Barb some notice..............but expect this "zonie" over this summer sometime! it is 100 here today, yuchhhhh.:fire:

did you continue that bee yoo tiful bamboo floor??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:23 PM

Yes, bamboo floors in the whole house. Bamboo in the yard. Bamboo everywhere, including the guest suite with walk in closet, fully tiled bathroom, cable tv, wireless internet, 24 hour room service.............rates may vary depending on season. :lol:

Come on down!

MAGA

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 06:24 PM

Matt, how is the irrigation system?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 07:59 PM

Hacienda de Tepa Reposado was $92.....uh...pesos at the El Gigante in Las Playas.

My Mom had a great time, but she misunderstood the instructions. She handed Georock her tally sheet with her guesses as to the brands of each tasted tequila. She thought she had them all pegged.

It was fun to introduce her to my Baja friends. She loves a party and meeting new people. She enjoyed talking with Bernie...bought two of his books and one of Fred Hoctor's. She was interested in that HUGE book, but at $50, it was a bit much for her. She wondered if it was priced by the pound...she was tempted to ask if she could buy three chapters to see if she liked it. :lol::lol:

[Edited on 5-11-2006 by jeans]

Mom always told me to be different - Now she says...Not THAT different
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2006 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:

We were not able to attend as we were VERY busy moving back into our remodeled house after 491 days away. :o

The good news is we now have a room designed specifically for my tequila collection. Comes with padded floor.:lol:

Hey Mateo, Mom & I have driven past your place several times and you have never been there, so I told her that you said you & Barb would be at the party..she'd finally get to meet you. She now calls you my phantom friends...I made you up.:lol:

sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2006 at 08:07 AM
Best Tequila

By far and away the best I have tasted is the REAL by Don Julio. I will have a shot today at Palm restaurant next to Staples Center. It is the best part of going to a clipper game. Runs 35 to 70 dollars a shot depending on where you purchase.
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2006 at 11:38 AM

Next year bring a bottle to the party! (perhaps that was one of the $200+ bottles I saw at BevMo).

There is a Palm Restaurant in Downtown San Diego - 615 J Street. I was there for a private business reception last week. Was talking to the General Mgr. about the original NYC location. Thought I would check it out...I'll see what the Don Julio prices are in the most expensive city in the country!

sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2006 at 02:32 PM
Tequila

It retails around $400.00. The Cabo airport duty free had it for $225.00 last week. They sell it for $285.00 regular.
jeans
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2006 at 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanfelipebob
It retails around $400.00. The Cabo airport duty free had it for $225.00 last week. They sell it for $285.00 regular.

Yikes!!! Holy Guacamole!:O:O:O

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 10:14 AM

Quote:
Matt, how is the irrigation system?

State of the art. Arturo that is. He has been our landscape guy for years.

MAGA

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jeans
Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
Quote:

Hey Mateo, Mom & I have driven past your place several times and you have never been there, so I told her that you said you & Barb would be at the party..she'd finally get to meet you. She now calls you my phantom friends...I made you up.:lol:

The plan is to spend more time this summer at the casa. Stay in touch.

MAGA

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.