Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: prerun 5/13
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2006 at 10:52 AM
prerun 5/13

I'll be prerunning on Saturday 5/13 from Valle de Trinidad to Santo Tomas. Spending the night in Ensenada Friday night and then driving to VDT 6:00am Saturday morning. Unload the bikes and have a good slow prerun. Back to Ensenada for tacos and back home Saturday afternoon. Anyone going to be out there. Paul
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2006 at 06:48 AM

Can you give some driving details when you return...for those of going next week.....:bounce:
tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 01:31 PM

It was all graded road nothing dificult or hard. 2wd is no problem everywhere I went. VDT to the HWY is very basic graded road the only hazzards are maybe sharp rocks. Going towards the beach was also good a good dirt road. It was very nice to ride so close to the water and a lot of different lines to take. There are lots of cliffs and drop offs so be carefull and watch your speed. The section of rocks on the beach was kind of neat. There were actualy small whoops made from stones. Kids were setting up booby traps and messing with the course markers. Be carfeull coming into Erindia especialyy if there is a group. The weather dropped from VDT to the beach.Much cooler on the beach and it was cloudy. Not too much prerun or local traffic.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 03:49 PM

So the run out of MIKE's to the beach wasn't bad?.....fine with me.....early reports of the "pine forest" area seem to suggest narrow roads...and very beautiful ......
2 years ago we made the beach rock run and it was something else...VERY loud clacking rocks as you drove over them ...unique for me.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 05:08 PM

Jim, it sounds like his ride began in Valle Trinidad and headed west to the coast. The Mike's loop is before Trinidad.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 07:10 PM

David that is correct I didn't go through Mike's. Just VDT to HWY 1 and on to the beach section..
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 08:16 PM

Guys - DK is correct based on the post he didn't run through the knarly Mike's loop. It's as bad as ever! The beach run is a walk in the park...my estimate is 50% of the field won't make it to the beach...LOL

Muy Malo is the course description in the Coyote/Mikes loop. Bring 4WD, spares, water, shovels, leave the whiners at home and watch out for prerunners and oncoming local traffic.

Saw two Chevy 4WD's with broken front axles---bout as thick as a #2 pencil - bad news! Dodge handled it without a problem, but it was slow going allowing to see the sights - again, again and again. LOL

Late.:cool:

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by Desertbull]

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 09:37 PM

My bad....was going on memory of map....wondered how the Mike's loop could be so easy....:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desertbull
Guys - DK is correct based on the post he didn't run through the knarly Mike's loop. It's as bad as ever! The beach run is a walk in the park...my estimate is 50% of the field won't make it to the beach...LOL

Muy Malo is the course description in the Coyote/Mikes loop. Bring 4WD, spares, water, shovels, leave the whiners at home and watch out for prerunners and oncoming local traffic.

Saw two Chevy 4WD's with broken front axles---bout as thick as a #2 pencil - bad news! Dodge handled it without a problem, but it was slow going allowing to see the sights - again, again and again. LOL

Late.:cool:

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by Desertbull]

Greetings Tim, I would love to read of your entry into off road racing and experiences here on Nomad... When you have the inclination (and time) it would be most appreciated by your fellow Nomads, I am sure!:light: Many thanks!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2006 at 07:51 AM

Yes... race stories !!.....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.