BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: baja 1000 to be on Discovery channel HI - DEF!!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-13-2006 at 08:01 AM
baja 1000 to be on Discovery channel HI - DEF!!

the HD discovery channel, may 29 and 30th.

in hi-def. wow!!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 08:23 PM

Thanks Mike-Party at your casa! Oh-that's race weekend...nevermind you escaped again.

Whatta you buying this week? Used boat, off road car, engine, margarita machine, what's on the plate --- lemme know in case we have something to sell you.

500 plans? Ragland ? Chad is ramping up for a big charge-love to see him be in contention...funny dude.:cool:

No pics today cuz the only ones I have you're in your underwear at PSF dancing with Cadillac Bob LOL Good times.

Now that would be good on Hi-Def! ROTFLMAO
:lol:

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 5-16-2006 at 09:06 PM

Mike, any idea what time on either day?
Would be nice to pre-set the timer.
I am off to Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu very early on May 29. (plus the Galapagos)
What a treat to get home and have HD Baja stuff...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2006 at 06:14 AM

Runner - you can see the times on their web site, i have forgotten, but a couple of shows times.

Hey DB, good to see you checking in. :cool:
didn't see your 5/1600 in the 500 line up - are you entered? i have not gotten any requests yet for flying or taking pax over from phx to ensenada for AZ area race teams, Ragland's key staff is either driving or flying with Larry i think in his plane. so - i didn't get in on the rooms. if i can score a room i'll go to the 500. I am on the rooms cancellation waiting list from DP racing and maybe get one from Riviera thru my buddy who works for Post's corporation.

yeah, the baja express always a kick, when's the next one? say hello to Bill and Ellen for me. will look for you in ensenada at the 500 if i get to go.

buying stuff? i wish - funds too low right now, avgas is around $4 a gal most places. And the AC insurance companies are ripping big time!!

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2006 at 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebajarunner
Mike, any idea what time on either day?
Would be nice to pre-set the timer.
I am off to Lima, Cusco and Machu Picchu very early on May 29. (plus the Galapagos)
What a treat to get home and have HD Baja stuff...

http://dhd.discovery.com/tvlistings/series.jsp?series=118855...

Have fun on your adventure! Be safe.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2006 at 07:41 AM

Capt. is that the Score site? I would like to TIVO it, or if you know what the program name is I can find it that way, Thanks

Bajarunner, do you need someone to carry your bags? WOW WHAT A TRIP. I've always wanted to go to Machu Picchu. In case you already have a valet, take pictures please.

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by Debra]

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by Debra]
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2006 at 06:10 PM

Yeah, Monday, May 29, 8 pm EDT
http://www.thebajaunlimited.com/articles/10_baja_in_hd.htm
thanks for the good traveling wishes,
too bad I cannot take you all.
Debra, I asked Teresa if you could tag along, she was not too positive about it...
maybe next time.
will give a full report when I return
and yeah, the TIVO will be on for this HD event...
(My 12 foot screen in the home theatre is pretty sensational in HD!)
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2006 at 04:20 PM

Runner...........I tried finding the program with TIVO by title, no go, I tried by date and time, no go! (it has another program I like "Deadliest Catch" listed in that time slot Could it be that you have to have HD to even get the program? I'd really hate to miss it. Any suggestions?

Oh, BTW.........That wife of your's seems really a bit selfish, imagine denying her husband to use of someone to carry his bags! Did I mention, I also cook? :biggrin:

Really, have a great trip! Looking forward to the pics.!

[Edited on 5-18-2006 by Debra]
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2006 at 04:33 PM

Oh, Oh,
I think you have a problem here.
Usually it is the opposite, on the tube, but no HD.
Discovery has their "HD Theater" and it is wonderful, and it does do a lot of stuff that is not on the regular format, I believe.
So, let's hope for you non-HD guys that they will also run it in standard format.
Anyone seen a listing for this on regular Discovery?
(We have so few really great things on HD that it is hard to feel sorry for the rest of you..... the TIVO-HD cost me exactly $1000 last year when the regular one was $99.... now it has dropped to "only" $500 and the regular is $49.... go figure)
And yeah, I will ask Teresa again if we can take you along to SoAmerica. Maybe she is in a more agreeable mood today.....
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2006 at 05:14 PM

Drat, I was afraid that the HD thing might be the problem! Perhaps you HD gifted people could tape the program to share............orrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe Teresa would invite us to view at your home while you are exploring? :light:
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2006 at 05:54 AM

its not on regular discovery programming, only their HD channel.......ya gots to have an HD capable receiver/tuner and a monitor or projector that can decode or upconvert to 1080i scan rate.

Baja runner, i like your style.....me too on a 100 inch stewart screen flashed with an HP DLP projector!

hope the audio rivals the hi-def picture, love the sound of TTs!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.