BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: TIPs still being required in SR/Mulege area?
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 5-27-2006 at 11:09 AM

The rules say that any pleasure or sport-fishing vessel of 4.5 meter (14.8 ft) or longer must have a TIP. And it's being enforced in lower Sonora also.

Of course that doesn't mean that the local officials have read the rules, know how to convert meters to feet, or even feel like following the rules.

It's the old "RCNC" (Red Clown Nose Contingency).

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2006 at 12:02 PM

I just tried that Banjercito website.

All I can say is, maybe in the future it'll become a useable tool but in it's present configuration, it's a waste of time for all RV'ers and most boat owners. Right now it's very buggy and poorly researched. One of the first things I noticed is that they couldn't seem to decide whether you should use a single or double click.

After reading the "pre-registration" section on boats, I tried to read the section on RV's. But no matter how I tried (including clearing my Temp files) all I ever got was the boat info.

For you non-geeks, no website should require you to clear out your cookies and temp pages. This is a dead give-away that the coder is a rank amateur. They have also disabled the 'ctrl/F5' function, another warning sign.

Then I tried to fill out the RV form and couldn't find any US or Canadian RV manufacturers listed in the drop-down menu. All they have is car and heavy truck manufacturers, most from Europe. This makes the form totally useless unless you're driving a Benz.

And, as has already been pointed out, the boat list is very limited.

A "D" for effort and an "F" for functionality!

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-27-2006 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by turtleandtoad
The rules say that any pleasure or sport-fishing vessel of 4.5 meter (14.8 ft) or longer must have a TIP. And it's being enforced in lower Sonora also.

Of course that doesn't mean that the local officials have read the rules, know how to convert meters to feet, or even feel like following the rules.

It's the old "RCNC" (Red Clown Nose Contingency).

It's no surprise that it's being enforced in lower Sonora. That is not consider "free zone" whereas everything from Empalme north is. The Grossman's aren't requiring it anymore at MSC, at least according to something I read on a San Carlos board. It was first hand info from someone who talked to Heidi about it.

Jorge, I guess I will try and alter my departure time to hit the offices in Ensenada. Guess I will have to leave late morning on the 8th.

Some have also suggested having the Coral do it. I think I'll call them next week.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 5-27-2006 at 01:13 PM

coral is a very GOOD idea!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2006 at 01:26 PM

Actually it was in Bahia Kino that I ran across the problem. A friend of mine that has kept his 24' cabin cruiser there for the last 15 years was asked , for the first time in those 15 years, for his boat and fishing license. Since he didn't have either he had to go to the closest Banjercito to get them. When he got there, they asked for his passport and TIP. Here again he didn't have either. They were willing to sell him a TIP if he could prove he was a US citizen, but they refused to accept his drivers license or birth certificate. They insisted on a passport. So he had to drive back to Phoenix and get it.

So don't think that if you're north of Empalme, you're safe!

The dreaded RCNC strikes again!!:lol::lol::lol:

06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2006 at 01:27 PM

like i said it was a new rule to do it in lapaz or santa rosalia they measured my boat its acually less than 14 ft
next yr will be a whole different story
but i would like to hear how it worked out

dont die wondering

jerry and judi
CasadelCardon

[*] posted on 6-2-2006 at 11:13 AM

Hello Nomads,

I have been a long time visitor to this site but have never posted but was interested in this thread. We are taking down to Santispac, a new to us ?Sea Ox? boat. (Un nombre bastante feo para una panguita.) So I was interested in how to obtain the Temporary Import Permit. I went on line to the Banjercito site, went directly to the registration area, didn?t clear any cookies, filled out the form as best I could. Since Sea Ox wasn?t listed, I entered ?Otros? for the boat manufacturer. I submitted the form on line on May 26. On May 31 I received the TIP via FedEx. Banjercito had date-stamped the TIP on the same day that I submitted it!! I still needed to submit copies of documents that I used to prepared the form, i.e., passport, boat registration, etc. These I scanned and submitted them electronically to Banjercito. I did send it ?read receipt? and haven?t received the receipt yet.

So all in all, the process was not that difficult and surprisingly quick. We will be crossing the border on June 17. I?ll post if we run into any problems with the Aduana.

Un cordial saludo a todos los Nomads

Kathy de Santispac
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2006 at 11:30 AM

you won't have problems with the Aduana but...

do you have your boat fishing license yet?
that's where the problem occurs.

our website is:
CasadelCardon

[*] posted on 6-2-2006 at 11:39 AM

Yes, we have the boat permit and fishing licenses.

Thanks!

Kathy
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2006 at 12:02 PM

and as luck would have it......Paco handled the whole permit ordeal.

He's the only one who knows the score, and what "otro" means!:lol:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2006 at 12:04 PM

you're in!!!!

our website is:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-2-2006 at 02:33 PM
Dammit!

I didnt see the otro option. Now I'm resigned to getting it the slow and tedious way once I get there.

I probably wont be getting one until Monday, the 12th though I expect to be fishing the 10-11. Hope I get away with it.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 01:58 PM

it isnt to bad Hook

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.