Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja vehicle scratch cure
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 12:52 AM
Baja vehicle scratch cure

Yep, it's all the fault of those dad-burn ol' dinky Jeeps and other narrow wheel-base vehicles that we have to blame for countless lateral scratches along the length of our wide-body vehicles. Baja is full of these 4 foot wide tracks
Wax is a good start but after severe weather, long trips and yep , Baja, the wax isn't/wasn't enough.
Enter the nano-tech approach to solving todays ugly stuff. A polymer wax-type coating designed for us abusive types.
I put this stuff on and as it simply wiped off and so it apppeared so did the scratches! I was impessed. The only reason I bought it was cause it said that if you say you have never seen such a improvment they would kiss yer arse. No, they said something else but you get the drift.;D Costs a bunch tho.

It literally changed the look of my truck.:coolup:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 05:20 AM

i've used it before too...
target has it for about $6.99 a bottle...

Ithought it worked on an old bugatti replica i had but it doesn't last long...

some manufactures state that putting it on clearcoat is like putting oil on your windshield...

I think this is a good short-term fix to a common problem also...

kind'a like when you color your mustache:lol:
it's still white underneth:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
It literally changed the look of my truck.:coolup:

Still looks like a Dodge to me ! :P
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 10:19 AM

So, what's the product Sharks? Is it what Bob & Susan posted a photo of?

My Tacoma is getting quite full of Baja Pin Stripes!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 11:04 AM
Oh No! David tell me it isn't so!!

We bought our Tacoma based on looking at all the photos you've posted of your new truck. We never saw a scratch on it and was supposing it was due to the tough factory paint job.....what are we in for?

I had to hide this thread from my wife's eyes or she wouldn't venture off the pavement if she thought the truck wasn't immune from scratches and dents.

Oh my.....

John M
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

eureka.gif posted on 6-11-2006 at 03:30 PM
missing link

is good stuff but darn pricey!

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 05:53 PM

Thanks Sharks!

John, the reason you don't see all the Baja pin stripes is because of the COLOR... ie. silver. Great for not showing scratches.

You KNOW I suggested you NOT to buy red, so I am not responsible!!:lol::lol::rolleyes::O:biggrin::o

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 06:00 PM

Meguiar's best car wax ever!

Get the dark, wet-look shine you want with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Car Wax!

This spectacular liquid car wax adds shine, depth, clarity and creates that "wet look" that makes your car, truck or SUV stand out!

NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any regular car wax you have ever tried before. For a deep, dark shine, nothing even comes close to this amazing product. Meguiar's offers a money-back guarantee: "All we ask is for you to try it. If it doesn't blow you away, send it back and get a full refund."

If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without this product. Here is what this awesome product will do.

Paint will be darker and richer and shine will be maximized for depth and clarity

Engineered to dramatically reduce fine scratches and swirls for a flawless show car finish

ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tough polymer bond to the paint to provide extreme protection

Glides on and off easily. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal your dazzling new finish

18 oz. (532 ml) Made in the USA!

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-11-2006 at 07:03 PM

Forget them the rewards of adventure.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-12-2006 at 05:22 AM

you know I HAD to wax my truck yesterday because of this thread:lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.