Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sharky meets Capt. George
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-22-2003 at 11:23 PM
Sharky meets Capt. George

Just returned from five weeks in Loreto. The town has recovered from the effects of Hurricane Marty....but it may never recover from Capt. George. The man is an absolute riot. I don't think I have laughed as much since the elections here in California. George's partner, Deborah, is an absolute lady. She did some commercial fishing in the past and seems to be very intelligent. To say that opposites attract certainly would apply here. Deborah is quite and dignified while George is crazy and wild. He spent a year in Viet Nam and twenty with the NYFD. From what he tells me, he was safer in Viet Nam than in New York. If you get down to Loreto you gotta meet this guy. He will leave you in stitches and is a pretty decent fellow. I look forward to many more good times with him. Now, if I could only get him to put the r's in his words, I would be able to understand him much betta. Born and raised in New York City you can just imagine his accent. He said he met Skeet and his lady and they were really swell people. Skeet, he told me you came through with flying colors. Put in a stint and went home. See, I told you it wasn't so bad. Take care of yourself and you might just escape the open heart surgery---which is no picnic, I can tell you. Fishing is slow right now but the weather is grand. November is the month of the changeover from the Dodos to the Jurel (yelllowtail) and they are moving quickly into the area. The town is broke, more or less, and tourism has been down. They could sure use some business. If you are even thinking of Baja, now is the time to get on down to Loreto. Please! P.S. George is not for the faint of heart. He tells it like it is and uses very colorful language to do it---just my kind of guy. Hope you all have a great Dia del Gracias and load up on the Pavo. Sharky:lol:
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 11-23-2003 at 10:55 AM
A character!

I'll just bet! I got an email from Capt George last week and they are ready to meet us! How was the bug situation down there? See, here we go again, just missing each other in Loreto by a hop and skip! Maalaea and I, G-son in tow, will be leaving on the 7th. Not sure when I will be coming back. It all depends on Nita and if I am needed to stay. Did you go fishing and how are you feeling?Good to hear your voice but I'm sure you'd rather be there than here! Sally
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2003 at 11:41 AM
No Bugs

:saint:Sally---No bugs as the weather has turned cooler. Few Bobo's, but thats it. I am feeling much better after spending time in Loreto. I can walk and climb and am starting to feel normal again. You will enjoy George--he is a hoot. Hope all goes well with the new baby --- no problems and extra healthy. No, didn't fish as the doctors said not too. Okay, I fished one day only and didn't do too well. A big Skippy just about did me in. Say hi to Juanita and Ty.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2003 at 12:34 PM

Sharky: I did not do an information page of George as they broke the Mold when they made Him!!
Every body should get a chance with out being Warned!!!
Glad to hear that you are O. K> I had a 905 blockage now a Stent and am feeling fine. Chance I will never have to have open Heart.
"Lord Willing" Skeet.Loreto
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

tongue.gif posted on 11-23-2003 at 07:05 PM
Hi Skeet

You are probably right, but I felt the need to warn others. Glad all worked out okay for you. At least you won't ever have to worry about having a MRI---you should be carrying a little card warning medical people about your stent. Any chance you will be returning to Loreto sometime. By the way, I enjoyed your poem.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.