BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Don't be a Turkey Be Thankful!!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2003 at 09:33 AM
Don't be a Turkey Be Thankful!!

All Posters on this Board and all other Boards Lurkers!!

I wish each one a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
I a very thankful for all of the Posters who respond to my many Posts about any and everything.
Many of you think differently and have different ideas about everything said on this Board. That is one thing that makes this Country the Greatest in the World,even with its many faults!!
Think about your faults. Are you perfect? No!
Anyway keep up the good posts as I try to learn something from each one of you.
Suggestion: To all you youngins if you have not had any experience with Life, Get out Go somewhere and meet people and do things even to another country. Broaden your experience Do not Accept what your college Prof. may/tell you.Find out on your own!
I am Thankful that I have my Freedom!!
I am Thankful for my Health!
And Last but first I am thanful that God resides in my Heart and Mind.

God Bless America and God Bless all of you!!!

capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2003 at 09:19 PM
Skeet

I have thought about it and find that I may be perfect. Have a Happy Holiday and stay healthy. Walk everyday to keep that heart muscle working. I hope you come back to Loreto one day so we can sit down and talk. Felicidades, Sharky
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 05:42 AM

Skeet, thank you for your well wishes. I hope one day we can meet

Since this forum is a mostly political one, I don't take offence with Jeffs comments. I will however respond.

WTF are you talking about? Strong words, require strong facts to back them up. If you want to make your case, present your facts. If you have none, well then I guess thats called an opinion, and we all know what that is worth.

As for me. I have nothing to hide, so I don't mind a little extra policing. Without laws and rules we have anarchy. Maybe some in this country think the Taliban system would be better. I sometimes don't agree with the system in the U.S., no intellegent person would, but take a good look at the many other systems of government out there. When you find one you really like. GO LIVE THERE!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and God Bless America, and Baja.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by Me No]
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 09:18 AM

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Skeet. Glad to see you're hanging in there, dissin' those Liberal Professors and holding fast to the notion that getting older equates to getting wiser. That adds a nice balance to this board.

And an Amen! to you, Jeff.

And to all you other Bajaficionados--Have a good one!

bajalera

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera
holding fast to the notion that getting older equates to getting wiser
bajalera

What? You mean it doesn't work that way? :lol:

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2003 at 01:13 PM

MeNo: He see if you can get Jeff to come up with some background. It would be interesting to determine why he "Hates" soMuch,
I first thought he may have worked for Al Gore{who lost}.
ThenI thought an older republican had taken advantage an stolen his girlfriend or
his Money.

If you watched the news there is a story that tells it all about this Great county.

"The little baby taken from Iraq and sent to Israel where she got an operation that was not avaiable to her in Iraq."

God Bless America

Skeet/Loreto
BajaBronco
Junior Nomad

smile.gif posted on 11-26-2003 at 08:05 PM
Gobble'Gobble

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE' HAVE A BLISS DAY!!!

Bryan & Marissa
www.mcdigitaldesign.com
bajalera
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2003 at 11:39 AM

Skeet, you old dear, this rant's for you:

You've got enough years on you to have done laps around the love track a time or two, and some of the objects of your affection probably weren't perfect. In loving people, most of us pretty much have to settle for what we can get (since the really perfect people always seem to belong to someone else).

So we end up settling for imperfection, while privately thinking: "I love you but your ears are larger than they should be, you have this annoying habit of saying 'anyways' far too often, your taste in clothes is tacky and you don't know diddly-squat about baseball."

BUT I LOVE YOU ANYWAY, SWEETIE.

Well, Skeet, that's exactly how a lot of us love our country. You would label me, along with Jeff, as a U.S. hater. And despite those 72 years that are supposed to have brought you wisdom. you'd be absolutely, totally, dead wrong.

I think it's safe to assume that all the people who post on this board love our country. But some of us simply do not accept everything that is currently being done in our name as being perfect.

Dissent, after all, is what democracy is all about. And we're losing the privilege of expressing it--dissent is now being viewed as unpatriotic. The Miami police force recently moved on dissenters in Gestapo style, and the FBI has begun keeping track of peaceful demonstrators, just like ugly old J. Edgar used to do.

I find it frightening that Republican members of Congressional committees are holding meetings that are closed to committee members who are Democrats, and unilaterally passing laws in which the minority party has had no input, nor any chance to participate in discussion. That's not how democracy is supposed to work.

That, however, is exactly how fascism is supposed to work. In this one-party system, the powerful know what's good for the rest of the people--and if the present trend in that direction doesn't scare you, Skeet, then I would say you're just not paying attention. (And I'd say the same to you, David K.)

bajalera

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by bajalera]

\"Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest never happen at all. The conscientious historian will correct these defects.\" - Mark Twain
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2003 at 12:31 PM

Bajalear; Excellent Post but I think you maybe the Wrong One!!!
There was only one Perfect Man!
I went through the years of Old J,Edgar Hoover I fail to see anything that has a lasting scar on their Star unless it be Hollywood or the Communist{which are now gone}I am glad that I do not live under the Communist Rule!!
Now what concerns me is the way the Demorcats have stacked the 9th Court of Appeals in San Francisco where the People cannot do anything about it. At least in Crongress the people get to Vote!!

Lera it is not the Hate for The Good ole USA that bothers me it is "Hate in the persons Heart and the reason for it."
Most Posters do not wish to reveal their background.why is that are they are Ashamed of being American or what got them to the Point of Hating anyone?

We saw in the last election how divided we are as americans and where our system worked, that several large Populated states could not rig the election.
That is Democratic way.It is apparent to me that the city born and bred folks,have come to only want the Money given to them by their Govt. They do not want any Freedom they only want Security and a lot of them will give up everything for that Secruity.

Is the type of person that I grew up to be willing to be over come by people who are unpatritroic,depend on the Govt,

I think there are a number of people on this board that are to navie to be concerned about their future.
I will never allow an Iraq, Muslim Fanatic,Iranian,Syrian, or North Korean have a chance to put me in a Cage and that will happen to your Grandchildren if you do not Fight for you indiviual Rights.

I still think about what I learned in the Sea Of Cortez "Survival of the Fiitest"

What really scares me Lera is the level of mentality that is apparent in the children coming out of the Schools and their Parents that are allowing it to happen.
I will predict that those children will never have the Power to make a change in anyones life, not even their own.
I have hope that change is starting such as the recent election of Arnold in Calif.

Have a Good day.Happy ThanksgivingSkeet/Loreto
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-27-2003 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalera

I find it frightening that Republican members of Congressional committees are holding meetings that are closed to committee members who are Democrats, and unilaterally passing laws in which the minority party has had no input, nor any chance to participate in discussion.

That's not how democracy is supposed to work.

That's exactly how democracy works. If you have a republican majority in both houses a republican president and an ideologically supportive majority on the Supreme court you can throw checks/balances out the window.

Apparently the majority of Americans don't care, else they would have voted differently....those that bothered.:lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.