Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: In Chat now....... 8:30pm 6-25
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 07:30 PM
In Chat now....... 8:30pm 6-25

Let's see if we can get a Friday evening Chat going.... click on Chat above and mpeet at 8PM
Bob H

[Edited on 6-26-2006 by Bob H]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 08:08 PM

OK where is everyone? Huh?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 08:53 PM

Hey Bob, just got to this thread and checked the room... nobody there... Maybe more warning next time, or we make it a routine...?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2006 at 11:13 PM

OK, how about Saturday night at 8PM................... see ya there then.. ...... huh? Set your timers, alarms, etc.
:bounce:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
OK, how about Saturday night at 8PM................... see ya there then.. ...... huh? Set your timers, alarms, etc.
:bounce:

you might do better to pick another day. Saturday night it is like a ghost town here on the Baja Nomads forum. every one that has a life is doing something else.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

FARASHA
Senior Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 6-25-2006 at 08:52 AM

Not every one has a life - saturdaynight fever doesn't hit me anymore !!I'm having to much of antibodies - it seems.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 09:48 AM

How about if people want to chat, just park yourselves in Nomad Chat at 8pm and hang in there for awhile to allow others to pop in and join you.

About 6 years ago I had the 'gobaja' chat room on Talk City and it went over pretty well... Whistler, Paulina, Debra where regulars... Carlos Fiesta and Graham Mackintosh even popped in... Interest in 9/11 news coverage and then a change at Talk City ended that chat room.

It takes constant promoting/ reminding, but once off the ground it was a fun way for us to get to know each other.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 02:54 PM

Do you mean every night? I think that's a good idea as everyone is busy on different nights and to have an open chat room every night would be easy to check into...besides I can rarely remember what day it is...baja time ya know! Fishermen work 7 days a week so they get to be all the same to us. I had a nice chat the one time I chanced to hit it right even though there was only one other nomad on...it was very pleasant. I sure am enjoying this Forum...thanks to all who participate

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 08:29 PM

come on IN.............
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 08:58 PM

ok im blind and stupid how do i enter chat??

jerry and judi
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 09:04 PM

well, I can see why no one is in the chat room; it takes an Act of Congress to get in. Your Nomad ID and PW are no good and you have to re-register...which I did and STILL can't get in!
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 09:06 PM

cant get there done that

jerry and judi
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 09:55 PM

right there with you, Jerry!
Frigatebird
Nomad

Mood: Soaring

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 10:01 PM

I think you just enter a username, password (maybe) and then click on just chat.

Avatar courtesy of Herb :tumble:
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frigatebird
I think you just enter a username, password (maybe) and then click on just chat.

did you try it? I did....I got no where!
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2006 at 10:21 PM

ok, I finally got in and everyone's gone!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 07:47 AM

10:21pm - waaaay past my bedtime--:biggrin:

But I was excitwed when Bruce Lee checked it - hoping for sone coaching but he only stayed a minute--:saint:

[Edited on 6-26-2006 by bajalou]

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 01:13 PM

Yes, I miss those old days..........

I' ve mentionded this before, but, I remember that first time........

I had just come home from the hospital, my VERY pregnant daughter had just been 'tee-boned' in a roll over accident with my 2yr. old grand-daughter in the car.......after spending a very stressful day at the hospital (counting, fingers, toes and heart beats on the fetal monitor, I brought my grand daughter home with me leaving my daughter behind.......after giving her a bath (grand-ma's have to check out things more closely.........there was so much blood on her, turned out all her mother's, and being assured that my daughter (and baby) were fine I went to my computer for some 'decompress' time. I found an email from David K. inviting me to a chat (this was in the old "Amigo's" days, pre "Nomad's)

So it happened the timing was good and I did go to that Chat......there I found, David K., Whistler, Paulina, Rockee Road.........I think Mexray was there that night also? I'ts been many years and I apoligize to anyone I forgot, what I remember most was just how comforted I felt in my horrible stress from complete strangers that all these years later have become what I feel of as close friends.

Many here have met the my grand-daughter Payton once the 2yr. old,.......... but now the "fetus" Hunter ( 5) is wanting to come to Baja.........not sure what it is about him but LOOK OUT! (maybe the shake up?) YIKES! "Grand-ma can I go with you to Baja?, Maybe next year Hunter, you have to get a little bit bigger, Okay?" (first thing he would do while I was trying to set up camp would be to find a rattlesnake and bite it's head off! :( ) I have to admit I feel bad not taking him, but, stress is not something I enjoy.......he needs to slow down enough for me to keep up with him.

Anyway, I will always be thankful for that Chat, and I miss those.

8:00pm will be on my 'to do' list........thanks

Mean people suck!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.