Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Air fair
mcquerry
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 12:11 PM
Air fair

I am planning a trip to Loreto in a few months and am looking for the best air fair from the Sacramento area, any help would be great. Thanks T Mac
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 01:41 PM
Air Fare

You might want to get acquainted with alaskaair.com. I would also join Alaska's frequent flier program for best fares. Alaska flies from SFO to Loreto (flight routes through LA) on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I was told by an Alaska Airlines employee that another flight will be added after Labor Day. That flight priced out for this September at $487.00 including taxes. You can fly from Sacramento to LAX to LTO but it will cost more. Alaska Air, as well as most airlines now charge to have an agent book your ticket, $10, but they will put 500 air miles into your frequent flier account if you book on line, and another 500 if you check yourself in on the day of flight. We get outstanding service from Portland on AS.
Julie
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 03:22 PM

We have numerous guests paying through the nose on Alaska this month. Seems being the only game out of LAX has jumped prices from $400+ to over $600.

When we fly we take Aero Mexico out of San Diego, don't know how much it is from Sac to San Diego, but the AeroMex prices from SD to here are about $268 as of last week.

Julie
Iguana Inn
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 03:51 PM

From LAX in August, best deals I've found are Alaska...about $420. Use the Alaska site and check different days. Juggling a departure or return by a couple of days can change the price significantly. Aero Mexico/Aero Litoral is much more expensive.

Like Julie says, the Aero Mexico flights from San Diego may be the cheapest. I saw prices of about $315. Priced through Orbitz.com. And some of those flights serve a full meal!

Funny how prices went up when Aerocal stopped flying.

I may take the bus from TJ in August, though. The airlines need to know there is competition!:biggrin:
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 06:22 PM

Sorry - ALL air travel to Baja California has unfair rates.
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 06:28 PM

don
i took the buss from loreto to tj not too bad but get there early to get a seat or you might have a lady with a newborn and a one year old next to you
i just brought a pint of tequila and a liter of freska with me big cup of ice well i mixed a big one and put the pint in the band behind the seat ahead of me that i thought was a pocker it dropped throu hit the floor , the buss breaked and was gone for ever to the front of the bus:?::?: good thing i had enoff befor i got on the buss:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: all things aside its an experence made me aware i was alive and i really had a good time practicing my spanish have a good one

jerry and judi
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 06:33 PM

Julie
don't ex-airline hostesses get FREE flights????

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 07:29 PM

Ex-flight attendants (we called ourselves "glorified waitresses") don't get FREE air fares, but well, almost...........

My favorite airline contact tells me the new flight day will be Saturdays, starting Oct 14th........and
Yes, the airline is gouging us, :mad:
but come on folks, don't you all miss the days of flying on
Aerocalifornia XA-SWG,...... the old beater DC-niner with the tattered seats and carpets that always broke down in Hermosillo..........on it's milk run through Loreto to Los Angeles?

At least they always had lots of Negro Modelo on board! ;D
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho

Aerocalifornia. I hear they're still selling half-price tickets. :lol:

--Larry

My wife has a half-price ticket. That's OK, it's good for two years, and AeroCalifornia is bound to be flying again before that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Quote:
Originally posted by lencho

Aerocalifornia. I hear they're still selling half-price tickets. :lol:

--Larry

My wife has a half-price ticket. That's OK, it's good for two years, and AeroCalifornia is bound to be flying again before that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't hold your breath on that one, Don!

[Edited on 6-27-2006 by bajabound2005]
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 6-26-2006 at 08:17 PM

this should answer your question...
http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/dishsoap.asp

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.